PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• Naomim
    Naomim Posts: 3,117 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hiya,

I currently have a Barclaycard I have had since I was 18 (20 years *cough cough*). This poor old card has been with me through some very high balances and being cleared and used again. I currently owe approx £3.5k on 0% interest. The card "used" to have PPI on it but at one point I couldn't afford the minimum payments and PPI so I cancelled it.

I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have had PPI - I can't remember ever asking for it and was too young, stupid & soft to say no if I was given the hard sell. Also at 18 I came into a big inheritance so had means to pay back balances.

If I put a claim in now, will they withdraw my 0% deal and will they close my account?

BTW, I don't have any old statements showing the PPI on it so I have no idea how much I paid or when.

Naomi
    Credit Cards NOV 2019 £33,220.42 Sept 2023 £19,951.00 Tilly Tidy 20223/COLOR] Sept £43.71 Here's my diary: A Ditherer's Diary Again
  • Godiva500
    Options
    I didn't know my account numbers on old closed accounts. This forum directed me to www noddle.co.uk, to find out. It is free to join, and if you click on the closed accounts tab at the top, it will give you dates, type of account, and the last 4 digits of the account number. That is all you need to provide info to your lenders. Hope this helps
  • nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2012 at 7:19PM
    Options
    Sent this off to numerous HSBC offices and email addresses Including managingdirectoruk@hsbc.com

Dear sir/Madame

I am writing to you regarding the diabolical treatment by your regulated sales complaints dept, I will give you a some history, I wrote to them regarding ppi, on the 17th of July I sent them a subject access request including a cheque for £10.00 by recorded mail (copy attached) along with some details of loans/cards they required, on the 2nd of august had a letter thanking me for the correspondence, now I know ppi investigations take a while that's fine, however as your aware by law you have 40 days to comply to my subject access request, that takes us to 28th August, nothing received, I phoned the number on the letter, after a short recorded message I'm put on hold for a minute then cut off, I tried 20+ times same thing every time, so off I go to my branch who I must say are always very helpful, they had no alternative phone number just the address I wrote too, it was suggested I emailed your customer care team, which I did, had a reply on 4th September ref (KMM12316545V77513L0KM) saying "I have forwarded you message to the department best placed to deal with your enquiry" still nothing, so I email again, 12th September I get another reply from your customer care team ref (KMM12348403V45613L0KM) apologising & that my email has again been forwarded, so here we are still nobody has called or emailed!!
    Words cannot begin to describe how disappointed i am, most unprofessional treatment, the kind of treatment I would expect from a back street disorganised business, I have been a customer of HSBC since 1988, this is not the kind of service I expect from a global organisation,
    I'm sure you are aware that your organisation has broken the law by not providing my information within 40days, I have spoken to the ICO who have suggested I give your organisation a further 7 days !to comply, failure to do this will result in further action being taken, I expect at the very least a phone call to explain what exactly is going on, my numbers are **************

Regards
    N
    Had this tip from another forum, let's see what happens........
  • nee666
    Options
    nee666 wrote: »
    Thanks amersall, I'm going to call next & get a copy of my cca this accounts still live, opened in 1990 insurance was taken out in feb 98 they say by ticking a box or requesting it by phone, I want proof as I don't knowingly have ppi due to alternative cover (income protection policy) be interesting to see what they can prove, also my statements don't detail ppi payments just "service charge" does that cover them for ppi?

Bit of an update, next don't have proof of me taking out ppi on my account as its more than 6 years ago, apparently I would have ticked a box, returned a form or requested it in a phone call, but they can't tell me how, they will not refund it, where do I go from here? Does adding ppi to my account alter my cca?

Any help pleeeeeease
  • nee666
    Options
    Sent this off to numerous HSBC offices and email addresses managingdirectoruk@hsbc.com

Dear sir/Madame

I am writing to you regarding the diabolical treatment by your regulated sales complaints dept, I will give you a some history, I wrote to them regarding ppi, on the 17th of July I sent them a subject access request including a cheque for £10.00 by recorded mail (copy attached) along with some details of loans/cards they required, on the 2nd of august had a letter thanking me for the correspondence, now I know ppi investigations take a while that's fine, however as your aware by law you have 40 days to comply to my subject access request, that takes us to 28th August, nothing received, I phoned the number on the letter, after a short recorded message I'm put on hold for a minute then cut off, I tried 20+ times same thing every time, so off I go to my branch who I must say are always very helpful, they had no alternative phone number just the address I wrote too, it was suggested I emailed your customer care team, which I did, had a reply on 4th September ref (KMM12316545V77513L0KM) saying "I have forwarded you message to the department best placed to deal with your enquiry" still nothing, so I email again, 12th September I get another reply from your customer care team ref (KMM12348403V45613L0KM) apologising & that my email has again been forwarded, so here we are still nobody has called or emailed!!
    Words cannot begin to describe how disappointed i am, most unprofessional treatment, the kind of treatment I would expect from a back street disorganised business, I have been a customer of HSBC since 1988, this is not the kind of service I expect from a global organisation,
    I'm sure you are aware that your organisation has broken the law by not providing my information within 40days, I have spoken to the ICO who have suggested I give your organisation a further 7 days !to comply, failure to do this will result in further action being taken, I expect at the very least a phone call to explain what exactly is going on, my numbers are **************

Regards
    N
    Had this tip from another forum, let's see what happens........

Had this reply already

Dear Mr *****

Thank you for your e-mail addressed to the Chief Executive, and I am very sorry that you feel let down by HSBC, at the present time. !I have passed your e-mail to a senior manager, within HSBC, who will investigate the matter and respond to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards
    Sonia Lyseight
    Office of the Chief Executive, HSBC Bank plc
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Bit of an update, next don't have proof of me taking out ppi on my account as its more than 6 years ago, apparently I would have ticked a box, returned a form or requested it in a phone call, but they can't tell me how, they will not refund it, where do I go from here? Does adding ppi to my account alter my cca?

Any help pleeeeeease

If they have no proof and you don't either then it looks like the end of the road with this, adding PPI does not affect the agreement either, sometimes the PPI is added later and as you have no proof that you did not request this I think this is the end of the road, unless another poster knows how to get the info.

I would have thought with the card still open, they may have some info somewhere, maybe try a Sar request and see what they give you.
  • jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    Evening All,

Well I really missed the PPI boat! Interestingly, for other reasons altogether I pulled out some statements from my old Egg Loan account and saw quite clearly that it was front loaded with £1,290 of PPI :eek:. This was also the second rollover of a loan into a new (higher loan). I did call them today and they said that they had no records on their current system but to write to their back office as they will still have them. Should I SAR them at the same time (I actually need a full breakdown of that account because there is a query over an old balance that was passed on), might be easier to kill two birds with one stone?

I am sure I also had a loan with HSBC that had PPI but that would have been about 7 years ago, is it worth SAR'ing them for details or can I just do it with £1?

Thanks in advance :)

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • nee666
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    If they have no proof and you don't either then it looks like the end of the road with this, adding PPI does not affect the agreement either, sometimes the PPI is added later and as you have no proof that you did not request this I think this is the end of the road, unless another poster knows how to get the info.

I would have thought with the card still open, they may have some info somewhere, maybe try a Sar request and see what they give you.

Hi amersall, I may do that as its over £400 in ppi, so it's worth £10, I get the feeling there giving me the run around & are being evasive........
  • nee666
    Options
    jtr2803 wrote: »
    Evening All,

Well I really missed the PPI boat! Interestingly, for other reasons altogether I pulled out some statements from my old Egg Loan account and saw quite clearly that it was front loaded with £1,290 of PPI :eek:. This was also the second rollover of a loan into a new (higher loan). I did call them today and they said that they had no records on their current system but to write to their back office as they will still have them. Should I SAR them at the same time (I actually need a full breakdown of that account because there is a query over an old balance that was passed on), might be easier to kill two birds with one stone?

I am sure I also had a loan with HSBC that had PPI but that would have been about 7 years ago, is it worth SAR'ing them for details or can I just do it with £1?

Thanks in advance :)

If uve got a statement with the ppi transaction on it you could be in with a chance, fill the fos questionare in & send a copy of the loan transaction they should deal with it, i also read on here if loans were in a chain then they have to deal with all the loans in the chain......
    HSBC hide behind the 6 year rule, is it more than 6 years since the HSBC loan finished? Do you still bank with them, if you do your branch will give you loan Acc numbers, HSBC are very slow with sar's I've been waiting since July......
  • jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the info.

Having read through a few more posts I think I should also add that in Sept 06 I went onto a DMP and the full loan cost (including PPI) was paid back via Payplan and I saw someone else used this as part of their complaint because the PPI was null and void from the point of default so I am hoping I have a case?

I think I have the HSBC account number for the same reason, I have a letter from them stating they were passing the loan over to Metropolitan, not sure I had PPI on it though.....I started the DMP 6 years ago this month so I guess if I do it now they should reply with details?

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family