PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• donnaj02
    Options
    Hi peanut

I think this is why welcome are delaying because my exhaust the other loan which I know he has not paid and obviously they don't know where he lives and want me to provide the information so they can find him! the loan agreement does not have a lead name on so I will be challenging this with them! They are just being pains!!!
  • slopswips
    Options
    Hello,

my dad took out some kind of life insurance policy through BRIGHT GREY, so the mortgage would be paid if something happened to him

i can't work out whether this is PPI or not. But basically he had been paying 72 quid every month for 4 years, for seemingly nothing.

This policy has now been cancelled, and he now is paying £22 a month to Lloyds and General for a similar cover.

Is 72 quid a month a normal price for a life insurance policy? The policy also wasn't for life....it was if he died within a certain period of time - so i just dont understand at all.

does anyone have any experience with what im talking about? thanks.
  • myalphabetgirls
    Options
    Frustrated!

Im week 10 (or so I thought) into a ppi complaint with Welcome Finance. I also requested a copy of an agreement for another loan which I was not sure had ppi on. All paperwork, inc copy id, was sent special delivery on 19 June. They happily cashed my cheque about 10 days later. Big wait. Zilch.

I took bull by horns today and rang them - spoke to an ignoramous who is surely a candidate for the most unhelpful person ever who insisted that yes they have cashed my cheque but nothing else is logged as received. So for several moments we had a tennis style converstation which bordered on us both being considered parrots until I decided to end the call and try again.

This time got a most helpful person (thank the good lord) who confirmed that nothing has been logged for me and could only apologise that my consumer questionnaire has been lost. I said that it was unacceptable that no one is accountable for this, I paid special delivery postage (not to be sniffed at) they cashed my cheque for £1 and apparently had written to me at my previous address asking for copy i.d. Of course my new address would have been on the letter/complaint they have lost (along with the copy id).

So now I have to start all over again!

This time though I am doing it via email with a contact name now at Welcome and have already received an automated response so I am feeling a little more reassured now that it will at least be received.

One thing he did tell me was that a car purchased in 2002 (Welcome t/a Yes car credit) had additional insurances on it and as such I should put a claim to the FOS for this one (as it predates their regulation) as they are looking at this too. This was for breakdown cover, shortfall/GAP insurance and emergency breakdown (all of which we had with our own roadside service company). This totalled over 1k in insurances so even though got to go down FOS route and will take a long time then this is a bonus for me.

I was told my one loan was definately eligible for complaint - same reason as most people who used them - told it was compulsory!

They are looking at turning round in 8 weeks so I am hopeful now. Frustrated that Ive wasted 10 weeks waiting for b. all though. Stupid pillocks!
    Love, through the trees, past the sky, beyond the northern lights; and I won't let go. May your soul and spirt fly sweetheart x

My alphabet-girls are with me every step of the way x
  • jay-1
    jay-1 Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    sonj_11 wrote: »
    Thanks for replying. Is it worth me sending them a formal SAR? I fail to see how they cannot locate documents for all loans when one only ended last year and was only for four years. Is a SAR my next step as I only asked for my documents via a message on online banking?

I take it you still have an account with them- you could just go in to your local branch and ask for a print out of all your accounts that had PPI. You may get a more helpful member of staff.

A SAR should only be needed if you know longer have an account with them
  • peanutbutter_cups
    Options
    stupid idiot welcome finance!!!!!
    rang again today to check they had recieved paperwork i had sent told they got it just not logged it yet but they also changed their story again:mad::mad:
    now told im only main holder on 2 loans after confirming 3 times yest that i was on 3 wish they would make their bloody minds up as i now have to send of decree absolute and ex hubs death cert which is wot i rang to check yest and the said no as i was main holder i wouldnt need to.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sure they take a exam in stupid b4 they start
  • Becifee
    Options
    Ive been writing backwards and forwards to RBS CC about whether PPI was on the account, first of all, I didn't exsist and needed to provide them with more information, I provided a copy of my passport, all previous addresses, utility bill even a credit card statement but yet still don't exsist!!!!

I've been given yet another address to write to today on the phone funnily enough the first one I wrote to back in June, can someone advise me where (if anywhere) I can look on a statement if PPI was on the account, or even how to work out if there was, a simple yes or no from them would of been sufficient!!!!

Thanks in advance
    Becifee
  • sonj_11
    Options
    jay-1 wrote: »
    I take it you still have an account with them- you could just go in to your local branch and ask for a print out of all your accounts that had PPI. You may get a more helpful member of staff.

A SAR should only be needed if you know longer have an account with them

Thanks, I'll give that a try cos yeah I still do have my current account with them. Anybody have success in getting this info in branch?
  • nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, I'll give that a try cos yeah I still do have my current account with them. Anybody have success in getting this info in branch?

Which bank??
    HSBC who I've banked with for over 20 years were able to give me loan account numbers but no info, there regulated sales complaints have asked for agreements, which I don't have all of, I sent them a sar on 19th July, nothing back at all, complained a week ago giving them until tomorrow to respond, nothing yet,
    Ico next

So hope ur not with Hsbc!!!
  • peanutbutter_cups
    Options
    lloyds branch gave me a list when i went in it was just the loans numbs which i guess was all lloyds needed as i got 2 letters bk 1 for a cc that sed after looking at your cc we have found u had no ppi on(but i did have cardholder protection incurance on??) the other letter for the 3 loans said sorry for your complaint we will investergate give us 8 wks blah blah blah. im taking that as a yes there was ppi on the loans. now as i dont have the paperwork they where joint loans so does any1 know if the ppi would be joint too or just in 1 name?? cos i would of thought if it was just in ex hubs name the letter would of said yes there was ppi but not in your name so tuff.
  • lyn853
    lyn853 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options

Hi i went in to my branch of Lloyds TSB, i just asked at the customer service desk and they printed me out a list of all loans and cc account numbers, within about 4 minutes, going right back to the 90s. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback