PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    why is the amount dropping?
    Are you certain the redress amount has changed, or have you just misheard the information given in these telephone calls?
    Only the bank can tell you for sure...
  • infiniti
    Options
    infiniti wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have tried to follow the PPI reclaim guide, however am finding it a bit of a struggle and was hoping that you kind souls could give me some direct advice on the following situation.

I am helping my uncle and aunt who have several credit cards and have been charged PPI for a number of years. They don't speak english very well and cannot remember when they took the cards out whether it was in branch or via mail. They also have large balances outstanding on the cards and one has gone to court. All are with high street banks (Lloyds, Halifax, Natwest). We know that they were charged PPI for all the cards however they can't remember which ones they took out in branch and which by mail and the specifics of the discussion in branch beyond not being told about PPI itself and its relevance to them.

Now I am somewhat confused as have been following the guide and have sent the 2 letters asking for the original Ts&Cs and agreement and the one asking for a breakdown of insurance charges or statements. I have also read on the forums that all of that is irrelevant as you just need to make a complaint. However without being able to clarify which were taken out in branch and which by mail its very difficult to complete the complaint questionnaire so I thought that the requested information would have this detail.

Only Lloyds have replied so far and they have sent the current Ts & Cs, a signed current statement and a reconstituted agreement for one of the cards which is still open and the same minus the current Ts & Cs for an credit card which has gone to court. They have also sent 6 years worth of statements for the closed card.

I am confused as I don't understand how to make the complaint if they cannot remember where the cards were taken out and what was discussed with them when they took out the cards and what they told to the bank and wrote on the forms.

is there any simple way to extract this information from the banks or a method to complete the forms to mitigate this lack of information?

Many thanks in advance

inf

Hi Guys, any advice anyone can give would be much appreciated. I have 2 specific questions as follows:

1. Is there any way to find out how the credit card was taken out ie in branch, by post or on the phone if my uncle and aunt no longer have the paperwork?
    2. If it was taken out by post is there anyway to find out what was written and what was ticked or not ticked on the form?

Thanks

inf
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1. Is there any way to find out how the credit card was taken out ie in branch, by post or on the phone if my uncle and aunt no longer have the paperwork?
    2. If it was taken out by post is there anyway to find out what was written and what was ticked or not ticked on the form?
    The answer is "no" to both of your questions.
    If your relatives took the credit card out by post (or online) it will be classed as a "non-advised" sale, which is notoriously difficult to argue as mis-sold,
  • gingangooli
    Options
    HELP!!!

Got an upheld letter from Barclaycard, which is great, they received my acceptance letter on 25th July, I was told would take 21 working days to receive payment. Still no payment !!! Has anyone a contact no (not the one on offer letter) or an E mail address where i could contact barclaycard to speed this payment up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
  • nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    I had a gm card from 1990-2003, I have no statements but do know the last 4 digits due to them being on my bank statement, is it worth me calling hfc, is this enough info for them to find my account?
  • Djsxxx
    Options
    Hi all, i have recently sent a claim
    Form for ppi to clydesdale( the form was just one printed online) i waited 8 weeks but last saturday got a letter saying they were offering me £3777.44 for an old loan i had 11 years ago so glad i sent it now. Does anyone know how long you wait for the money after signing and sending acceptance letter??? Also how do i know if ive paid ppi on old loans, credit cards & finance if ive paid them off and do not have any paperwork?? X
  • infiniti
    Options
    The answer is "no" to both of your questions.
    If your relatives took the credit card out by post (or online) it will be classed as a "non-advised" sale, which is notoriously difficult to argue as mis-sold,

Thank you moneyineptitude, so is the best option to tick the 'can't remember' boxes for questions such as 'B3 how was the insurance sold to you?' 'B4 did the financial buisness give you advice or recommend you take out this insurance?' and 'B2 when did you take out the insurance?' on PPI questionnaire and hope that the banks will investigate authentically even though my uncle and aunt cannot remember?

The cynical part of me thinks that with my uncle and aunt not being able to remember and validate questions B3 and , the banks will simply say that there wasn't any misselling and that they are not at fault.

Are they obliged to, and do they actually, investigate authentically? and with this in mind should we just tock the can't remember boxes?

Many thanks

inf
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Are they obliged to, and do they actually, investigate authentically? and with this in mind should we just tock the can't remember boxes?
    You have to be honest in your complaint and the Bank will investigate accordingly.
    However, what is the basis of your complaint? It can't simply be that your relatives had PPI, there have to be valid and verifiable mis-selling reasons.
  • Vlad32
    Vlad32 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vlad32 wrote: »
    My PPI claim against MBNA is not progressing as expected.....
    I 'phoned them up to ask for my account number for a closed credit card. When they asked why I needed it I said I intended to reclaim PPI. They said there was no need to take the details, they'd progress my claim for me. I got a letter a week later confirming the claim and that they were investigating and told me they'd issue a response within next 4 weeks. I 'phoned them up and asked if they wanted me to fill out a questionaire to which they responded 'no, we're due to issue a reply early September'.

They haven't even asked me why I think I was miss-sold....

Is this usual for these guys?

Cheers!

Hi, might one of the guru's express an opinion on the above please? :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback