PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• Cath0104
    Options
    I realize that all the advise is to not use a claims company, but is it worth it when you have been turned down by your bank, rather than going to the ombudsman.

Our local branch of Lloyd's tsb, called us in to say that we could re~claim ppi on a current loan, an appointment was made and the branch staff filled in the forms on our behalf.

We were turned down. We complained again informing them with a step by step guide of what the branch staff told us.

Turned down again.

Therefore we are thinking that paying someone 25% of something is better than the nothing we are getting at the moment

Anybody had any success going down this route.

Thanks
  • lilminx74
    lilminx74 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know how good Ocean Finance are at ppi claims and how long they normally take?

Thanks lilminx74 :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Cath0104 wrote: »
    we are thinking that paying someone 25% of something is better than the nothing we are getting at the moment
    You can't complain again with or without a Claims Management Company. The next stage of your complaint is to refer it to the Ombudsman where you'll wait for a year or more for an adjudication.

On the positive side, a CMC would have been no more likely to be successful than you were acting alone.
  • JPH1234
    Options
    Hi All

I have had a letter back from Tesco about a credit card from back in 1999 i did have PPI cover but they have said at the time we applied for the card via postal application and that we ticked a box saying we required PPI.
    I am right in thinking this could be dead in water and FOS will see it this way.
    Anyone got any ideas of my next step.

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    JPH1234 wrote: »
    they have said at the time we applied for the card via postal application and that we ticked a box saying we required PPI.
    They are saying it was a "non-advised" sale and that you therefore mis-bought rather than were mis-sold.
    Sorry.
  • JPH1234
    Options
    They are saying it was a "non-advised" sale and that you therefore mis-bought rather than were mis-sold.
    Sorry.
    Hi
    Do you think they will have a copy of credit agreement from 1999 as i havent got a copy so how do i know i ticked a box or is it there word against mine.
  • Grand_Benders
    Options
    Just a quick note for anyone with First Plus claims (or considering them). I found a number on their website, called them because I knew I had been told I needed the PPI to get the loan (in 1999).

I had already sent a DSAR letter but figured it wouldn't hurt to call anyway. They gave me all the info I needed on the phone, asked if I wanted to make a complaint to them that day by telephone, so I said yes.

They told me they would be in touch within 8 weeks, and confirmed the deadline was 4th September.

Got a letter this week from them confirming they've upheld my claim, asked me to sign an acceptance offer letter and return it to them, and can expect my cheque within 4 weeks. I know exactly how much they're sending me, and they gave me a really helpful breakdown of how they worked it out, including 8% interest on top of what I paid in PPI. They deducted a small amout that I had been refunded when I settled the loan early, and tax on the interest, so I don't have to worry about that either.

So straightforward, and they really seem to be trying to put this right. I know this isn't everyone's experience, but just want to let you know that sometimes it really is this painless!

If you think you have a missold PPI claim with First Plus, pick up the phone!
  • stamford5957
    Options
    JPH1234 wrote: »
    Hi
    Do you think they will have a copy of credit agreement from 1999 as i havent got a copy so how do i know i ticked a box or is it there word against mine.

Also I read that before a certain year the PPI boxes were already crossed/ticked and if this was the case then you were required to opt out of this payment which most people didn't do.
  • myalphabetgirls
    Options
    Im week 10 waiting for a response from Welcome. I claimed ppi on one loan and sent £1 for a copy of the agreement on another. They have cashed my cheque but I have not received anything.

Has anyone been successful with Welcome finance at all? Should I ring them? What is an acceptable amount of time, I just feel a bit in limbo with it all. No communication from them whatsoever; a friend of mine in "the real world" started her claim with Natwest the same time as me with Welcome. I found such encouragement on this thread to pursue a claim as I had been on the brink of phoning a claims handler. Seeing how straight forward the process was she decided to go it alone too. She has already received her cheque for over £2,900! Im pleased for her but miffed too as Welcome have pretty much ignored me! lol.

Any comments would be great, thanks in advance x
    Love, through the trees, past the sky, beyond the northern lights; and I won't let go. May your soul and spirt fly sweetheart x

My alphabet-girls are with me every step of the way x
  • nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Getting there slowly, mbna £500.... Amex £300....
    Still doing battle with HSBC £3-6k plus interest, £3k I can prove front loaded ppi from the 90s
    Santander, bos, coop, no ppi, boo hoo :-(
    Capital 1 still waiting
    Next, Gmac, vwfs ignoring me
    About to start with hfc (gm card)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills