PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• jay-1
    jay-1 Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    GW3 wrote: »
    I've asked RBS for the terms & conditions applying to a credit card I used to have with them, and on the basis that the account has been fully repaid and the account is now they've refused, saying they're under no obligation to provide the information. I know that I had high PPI charges. What's my next step?

If you still bank with RBS you could ask them if you have had any accounts with PPI and if so to print out details. You do not need T&C to make a claim just account number and reasons for mis sell.

If do not bank with them and do not know account number you could do a SAR letter (cost £10) see "sticky" near top of the page.
  • Vlad32
    Vlad32 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My PPI claim against MBNA is not progressing as expected.....
    I 'phoned them up to ask for my account number for a closed credit card. When they asked why I needed it I said I intended to reclaim PPI. They said there was no need to take the details, they'd progress my claim for me. I got a letter a week later confirming the claim and that they were investigating and told me they'd issue a response within next 4 weeks. I 'phoned them up and asked if they wanted me to fill out a questionaire to which they responded 'no, we're due to issue a reply early September'.

They haven't even asked me why I think I was miss-sold....

Is this usual for these guys?

Cheers!
  • Vlad32
    Options
    cappo wrote: »
    sounds as if you have a very strong case to me vlad, i would imagine you also had a fairly hefty lump of interest added onto the ppi if the ppi was incorperated into the loan as well

Thanks very much Cappo!

With regards to potential interest that may have accrued on the PPI, would that be calculated on the length of the life of the loan or on the length of time that I have been deprived of the money (ie. up until now)?

Thanks again one and all - you provide us all with such a helpful service!
  • nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Capital one & American express have both written to me twice since there acknowledgment letter, saying they need more time, does this mean there is ppi on these accounts, or are they just playing the game, i have no statements showing it due to it being a long time ago, they have both quoted the old account numbers,
  • innocent_girl
    Options
    My husband had 2 loans but he claimed for both of them when he was out of work. Am I right in thinking that theres no point trying to get PPI back?
  • MSTATTS
    Options
    I currently have 2 claims concerning mis sold PPI with HSBC. I took out both policies when I was self employed and even asked the lady at the bank whether being self employed mattered. The reply she gave was NO. However HSBC have basically rejected the first claim due to the fact that I apparently was given all the information at the meeting. This is basically a delaying tactic by them. The claim has now been passed on to the Financial Ombudsman. Again, HSBC know exactly what they are doing.
    What really annoys me is that when you listen to the news etc., all you hear about is that the banks are putting all this money aside like the open, friendly and trustworthy establishments they all are. I feel really insulted by a Bank that claims that, even when I was told that I wouldn't be able to claim if I came out of work, that I willingly signed the policy. It beggars belief that they have such ill regard to their customers. Hopefully, they will be held responsible not only for "miss selling", but should also be charged for fraud, because that is exactly what they are guilty of. However, so many Politicians are in bed with the banks, whether as consultants or future Directors, that as per usual, they will still be allowed to rip off whoever they want and whenever they want to do it, with no consequences. "They have to pay the money back", actually costing them nothing because it wasn't their money in the first place. In the end nothing has changed and they all continue their money making at our expense.
  • Vlad32
    Options
    My husband had 2 loans but he claimed for both of them when he was out of work. Am I right in thinking that theres no point trying to get PPI back?

I would have thought that it may diminish your arguement to a degree but I guess in theory it is possible to claim and argue miss-selling. I probably wouldn't have the front though!

I realise that over the life of the loan the benefits of claiming may be overshadowed by the cost of the cover, but it is also possible that the numbers work the other way and he was lucky to have been the victim of miss-selling!

:)
  • cardi80
    cardi80 Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not sure if I have a claim or it's too old.

I took out a Capital One CC in 2000, which had PPI. I paid PPI for a couple of years and then asked for it to be removed which it was. The account is still open but obviously the PPI was removed probably about 10 years ago.

I asked C1 for a copy of the application which they cannot provide, and instead can only send a copy of the t&c's. I don't remember that far back (I can barely remember last month) but am pretty sure the box for PPI would have been pre-ticked, and was not something I would have requested.

Can I still claim or is it too old? Thanks
  • Vlad32
    Options
    cardi80 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I have a claim or it's too old.

I took out a Capital One CC in 2000, which had PPI. I paid PPI for a couple of years and then asked for it to be removed which it was. The account is still open but obviously the PPI was removed probably about 10 years ago.

I asked C1 for a copy of the application which they cannot provide, and instead can only send a copy of the t&c's. I don't remember that far back (I can barely remember last month) but am pretty sure the box for PPI would have been pre-ticked, and was not something I would have requested.

Can I still claim or is it too old? Thanks

You can still claim - definately not too old - I have a similar claim ongoing myself...
  • cardi80
    cardi80 Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    Great! I will give it a go. Thanks :smiley:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills