Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Oh I know, I’m just saying.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • Although its past the PPI complaint deadline, I've been told by my bank that i might be eligible for a PPI complaint (they haven't converted this into an auto complaint). I believe there was a PPI complaint template letter on MSE but I can't seem to find it on the site. Can anyone help please?

Thanks!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Yes. Don't use it.

Write down your actual complaint reasons and send those. The template will make you look as if you're making it up.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Princely wrote: »
    I believe there was a PPI complaint template letter on MSE but I can't seem to find it on the site. Can anyone help please?
    The Resolver PPI complaint tool was switched off at the end of August.
    If you have valid reasons (and the bank are going to accept it so long after the deadline) just write your own PPI complaint.
  • mkeane64
    mkeane64 Posts: 13 Forumite
    SonOf wrote: »
    You are being cynical. The wording is pretty much standard.

You have actually failed to mention whether your complaint was upheld or not. The paragraphs cover if you have been upheld or rejected. Only rejected complaints get an unfair commission check.

Thanks for the reply. It was upheld, as they are paying out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Forumite
    mkeane64 wrote: »
    It was upheld, as they are paying out.
    An upheld complaint resulted in a refund of all PPI paid, including any commission.

Just accept your free money...
  • mkeane64
    So they offered you basically free money for something you didn't even complain about and you think they've robbed you of undisclosed commission? :eek:

A Plevin refund won't even be possible on your credit card unless it was still active in 2008...

Hmm, I see you've gone full on CBP. Thanks for the reply I guess. :undecided
  • mkeane64
    An upheld complaint resulted in a refund of all PPI paid, including any commission.

Just accept your free money...

I'd hardly call it free money, as there's no such thing as far as banks and CC issuers go, but thanks anyway.
  • [Deleted User]
    Forumite
    I'd hardly call it free money
    I would. ;)
    You made no complaint and were awarded a refund anyhow.
    I see you've gone full on CBP.
    Customs and Border Patrol? :)
  • Chrisuns
    Chrisuns Posts: 3
    First Post

Hi Guys,

I received a letter from Barclays on 10th March this year upholding my PPI complaint and issuing a refund to ingenious legal (claim handlers), the cheque was issued on 11th March and consequently banked. 

However, Barclays then put the cheque on hold thus not allowing ingenious to process the funds and subsequent refund to myself. I contacted Barclays again on 6th April and was advised that they had stopped the cheque due to issues with Ingenious and to contact the SRA as they couldn’t tell me anything further. At the same point I asked Barclays to cancel the cheque to Ingenious and issue it to myself instead and I would settle the Ingenious aspect which they agreed to do and advised this would take 7-10 days. 

I then contacted Barclays on 20th April as I still hadn’t received the cheque to be advised that they had decided against this and that they couldn’t tell me anything further but would escalate it to their engagement team who would be in contact with me to discuss. In the interim I had a response from the SRA that the investigation in to Ingenious had been closed and there were no issues.

I have since contacted Barclays on 23/4, 27/4 and 4/5 to be told the same each time – that they can offer no update and they would mail the engagement team for a response. As of yet I have had no engagement from the ‘engagement team’ and no update. It is two months since the notification of settlement and they still can’t advise why they are refusing to pay the monies owed. 

I have complained via the Barclays website on 23/04 with no acknowledgement or response and I have also registered a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman which is now with Barclays as they confirmed today during the call. 

I would appreciate your feedback if you are familiar with this sort of funds withholding/issues and if you have any advice as to how I can progress as I feel I am being fobbed off by Barclays and they are purposely withholding the monies without justification? 

Incidentally, Ingenious have now issued legal proceedings against Barclays as a result of this issue with Barclays and claim settlement.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback