We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• The_squirrell
    Options
    I recently raised ppi enquiries with Santander, HFC Bank and mbna. I just got a text from Allay Claims saying my claim pack was in the post. Are they acting on behalf of any of the above lenders, or is this random spam?

Ignore it! They are known for this.
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I recently raised ppi enquiries with Santander, HFC Bank and mbna. I just got a text from Allay Claims saying my claim pack was in the post. Are they acting on behalf of any of the above lenders, or is this random spam?

No third party CMC acts for any regulated financial services company.

There are some clone websites out there which look like official sites by the banks but are actually claims companies masquerading as the bank. So, some people have inadvertently signed up with a CMC when they thought they were going straight to the bank.
  • Jillandjean
    Options
    I’ve had quite a few different mortgages between 1990 and 2013 but have no paperwork and can't even remember all of the building societies/banks with whom I had those mortgages. Could anybody advise me if it is possible to claim and if so where I should send my claim or Is the only solution to employ a claims handler?Thanks in advance.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 August 2019 at 7:42PM
    Options
    You send you complaint to whoever sold you the policy.

There's no point in employing a claims handler - they won't have a clue who you have mortgages or policies with (unless they were with you at the time, of course).
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is the only solution to employ a claims handler?
    It's not even a solution, they know nothing, unless you tell them.
  • kjethwa
    Options
    Hi My father passed away a few years ago, luckily he kept alot of his paper work, and looking back at mortgage statement, i can see insurance costs (not house insurnace) on mortgage statements, not sure if it is PPI, but i want to make a claim. my question is whose name should i put on resolver? my father, my mother (the beneficiary), or me (executor of will)?

Thanks
  • cadyh
    cadyh Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    My BOS PPI claim was rejected by the Bank and also subsequently by the Financial Ombudsman. I have rejected the Ombudsman's decision but what do I do now? The Ombudsman has stated that the BOS could have been clearer about the cost of the policy but due to it being taken out over 20 years ago (1992) there was limited information available to say that we were not advised that the policy was optional. I was employed with very good sickness/redundancy benefits but the Ombudsman concluded that I could spend my company benefits on something else!
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kjethwa wrote: »
    Hi My father passed away a few years ago, luckily he kept alot of his paper work, and looking back at mortgage statement, i can see insurance costs (not house insurnace) on mortgage statements, not sure if it is PPI, but i want to make a claim. my question is whose name should i put on resolver? my father, my mother (the beneficiary), or me (executor of will)?

Thanks

Dont use resolver. Resolver is built to handle personal complaints. It is not built to handle complaints being made by the executor (i.e. a third party). Complain direct to the seller and remember to include a death certificate and copy of probate (if obtained).
  • artkintsa
    Options
    I have a short, quick question. Is the imposed cut-off date legal? I saw a report on the BBC news by a lady from the FCA who stated the date was imposed because of PUBLIC PRESSURE!! I do not believe a word of that. We are being duped.
  • AJGarn
    Options
    I'm new here, so please forgive me if this has been answered umpteen times before.

I use Resolver to put in five claims, on 5th and 6th June. So far:
    • One bank has asked for more information, which I've sent.
    • One bank sent me a text (that doesn't accept responses) saying their investigation was almost complete and they'd be writing to me soon. That was 2nd July and I've heard nothing since.
    • The others haven't responded at all.

So my questions are, how should I proceed? Via the Ombudsman or by contacting each bank directly? Can I go any further with Resolver? Is getting no response normal?

I'd be very grateful for any advice. Thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback