We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    so I am not going to make millions then:D:rotfl: could sell it as a halloween sweetie/treat pot?

Just come back from doing quick shop in co-op and Mr T.. loads of reduced steaks..... so hubby will have to 'suffer' having more steaks for food:rotfl:

I have a chad valley kaliediscope sp? and found these:eek::eek:

and I mentioned monkeys in an earlier post.... worth keeping an eye out for one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=chad+valley+jacko+monkey&_sacat=717&_odkw=chad+valley&_sop=1&_osacat=717&_from=R40
    Work to live= not live to work
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Glad you are feeling lively again, lir, but don't overdo it. ;)

Think I'm going down with something, but I've done the nasty work today, so I only have to sit on a roof and drive screws in now.

Who am I kidding? :rotfl:

And then this afternoon, I cut the grass at the front, the back and the track! (drive belt went twice, so just as well dh was here!).

Now about to make supper and do some more housework.......
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    And then this afternoon, I cut the grass at the front, the back and the track! (drive belt went twice, so just as well dh was here!).

ok what have you been taking:rotfl:

glad you are full of energy and feeling alot better, but please dont over do it....
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Wow you have had a really productive day!

We have not got through as much as we had hoped today as we ended up going out with family for lunch. Popping a few things onto gumtree in the hope they will sell and add some much needed pennies to the pot.

There is so much to do around our home and so little time!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ok what have you been taking:rotfl:

glad you are full of energy and feeling alot better, but please dont over do it....

I know, I know, but I feel so capable. Monday is my 'day off' because I always expect to do more when dh is here to work alongside (or rather behind I guess) but there is a community meeting tomorrow night and I am toying with standing for the commitee then too. So I will need to take it easy to still me lucid and moving by the evening.

If I can have a good active day twice this week, so say tues and thurs, I will be content indeed.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It rained! :mad: But I'd had enough anyway......Roof is on, but needs a few more screws to be secure.

36 sharks and counting......Five plants! :rotfl:Ordinary squashes have been poo this year.

DW found something quite rare today. Well I think it is, because I've never seen or heard of one before:

http://www.uksafari.com/beebeetles.htm

It was in the chicken orchard. Fortunately, DW saw it before they did! :)
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    talking BUGS............whats this one ? small,fast....

219cosj.jpg

p.s. dont ask re "the event " ;):( :rotfl:
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Looks like a beetle who enjoyed seventies fashion.
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options
    Pillow beetle?

BlackYellowBeetle-hookedpillow-PH32.jpg
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    talking BUGS............whats this one ? small,fast....

219cosj.jpg

That looks quite like the one DW found as well! Maybe ours wasn't a Bee Beetle then? Or maybe it was, because it looked bee-like. Hmmm.
    I only know it wasn't a Wasp Beetle. As I was up on the roof at the time, I'm letting myself off for not taking a photo. :p

Anyway it's been fun looking at the different types. For example, now I know there's also a Hogweed Bonking Beetle. Yes, really! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure