We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• Itismehonest
    Options
    Nippy but not freezing here early today.
    In fact, the water is still running down the lane so it's just as well it hasn't frozen.
    Still haven't got the heating on regularly yet, either, but I don't suppose it will be long.

We moved the ponies up by the house yesterday & will let them run loose during the day for a couple of days. Their summer paddock is a bit soggy & starting to get a little paunched in places. We can't put them onto their winter hillside as it's still covered in ruddy ragwort which we haven't had a chance to clear. :(
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    ok.. found this lurking at the back of a cupboard..some silly charity shop buy, a whie back ( prob one of those token buys, didnt want to leave shop without buying something:cool::o)

I presume it would have had a lid, worth baying or is it too ugly:D or should I pay to get rid of it?:rotfl: Also how would you do you listing header this:p:D
    It was made in devon...

Right off to find more 'gems' :cool:

001_zps10a05558.jpg
    005_zpsb1e1727f.jpg
    004_zps424b6840.jpg
    Work to live= not live to work
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We here are having a new elecktrickery line put in & it runs through my apportionment as well as on the common grazings so I will get my apportionment old poles plus my share of ones off the common. Mmmmmmmmmmm goody goody. They come in on the 8th with a heliocopter to lift them into place. My sheep will be off down here & being tupped - hopefully.

Good luck with the injections Rhiwfield. I'm down to one steroid a day now plus the other pharmacauticals - I rattle, but not as much as I did.

I have my doctor on Monday to find out what on earth is going on - so scary, but I'm busy today. Must do some photies now the sun is shafting down a little.
  • choille
    Options
    I think it's a buiscuit barrel & you could google the pottery.

It's enough to scare horses............
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options
    CTC, deffo scraping the bottom of the barrel with that piece ;)

Choille, might be worth watching the installation. I recall a helicopter lifting a T frame top section for the Heights of Abraham cable car. The frame began to oscillate and so did the helicopter at the other end of the cable. All ended well but I bet pilot had to change his trousers after!

I'll get another 5-6 items listed today, just one ended this morning. It was a relist that I'd cut price by 50%. So why it made 50% higher than the original unsold price with 4 competing buyers I don't know, but its happened a few times before. Quiet sales week, but 2 BINs and a couple on Monday should keep you girls on your toes :p. Waiting to hear that Alf's picked up a Chieftain for a fiver at her local boot, Choille has started selling bottled Highland air and CTC has uncovered a mega stash of vintage nylon lingerie :D
  • Itismehonest
    Itismehonest Posts: 4,352 Forumite
    Options
    What's the 3rd word on the pot? I can't make it out. There's Barn, Devon & ........?
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ladies and gentle men, I am well and truley feeling 'in the land of the living now' :). Before lunch and dh AND I, not just me watching him, have.....done the big chicken house, the horse barn, cut the wildflower bed down ( so sad....stuff still flowering) raked it out and started some hand nettle pulling, planted out some wall flowers, done the dog poop pick up, done a metre or two of garden weeding. Us dh did a tip run and I got some laundry on. It feels like being normal!

Just nipping out for some fresh veg, as I crave crudite like a demon.
  • choille
    Options
    Rhiwfield - OH designed a house across the Loch - & everything was 'coptered in, but a net/bag of breeze blocks broke above a wood on this side. We went up for a nosey & I reckon the breeze block must have been at least 20ft into the peat bog - the mud up the trees, the broken trees & a crater was summat else. Not a breeze block in sight.....

Same pilot was killed just after that shifting stuff. We'd got to know him & his wife quite well - really dangerous stuff.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What's the 3rd word on the pot? I can't make it out. There's Barn, Devon & ........?

It's Barn Pottery Devon, and the piece is probably from the 50s. :)

Hideous, but certainly ebay-able. See:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-1950s-Hand-Painted-Barn-Pottery-of-Devon-Ceramic-Hen-on-Nest-/180988742354?pt=UK_PotteryPorcelain_Glass_PotteryPorcelain_China_SM&hash=item2a23c50ad2
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you are feeling lively again, lir, but don't overdo it. ;)

Think I'm going down with something, but I've done the nasty work today, so I only have to sit on a roof and drive screws in now.

Who am I kidding? :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport