We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    EVENING ALL........

oooo poor LIR.... bit of a bu**er losing trees, especially ones you like !!:(
    as for the barn doors.....:eek: did you find the chooks ????:o

i went for my blood tests today....:( [only a week late..:o ] then i went to work on the railway. it wasnt raining ....then . not sure if the glues were "off" in time ...:o luckily the whole set up is in a lower pocket of the garden so the wind whistled overhead thank goodness.

IT IS WINDY !! AVERAGE 60-70 MPH HERE....:eek: TREES/BRANCHES ETC DOWN ALL OVER THE PLACE
    not sure why its in capitals but cant be bovvered to change it now... i think my finger catches the caps button and as im not looking at screen i dont notice...:o im not the best typer....:rotfl:
    im off for a barf.....:D ease my butt :rotfl:

oooo been asked to do a drive to manchester and back monday [for a hospital app ?]....said yes but now im thinking its madness. easier for them to get the bl**dy train....!!

rhiwi....was there 2 pipe things ?? should hav been..
    glad your not disapointed !! that cook thing i thought was just up your street as i didnt hav a clue wot it was ...:rotfl::rotfl: cost 50p ...:D
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »

rhiwi....was there 2 pipe things ?? should hav been..
    glad your not disapointed !! that cook thing i thought was just up your street as i didnt hav a clue wot it was ...:rotfl::rotfl: cost 50p ...:D

Alf, yes the pipe things were there, though one looked more like a deviant torture instrument (google hedgehog pipereamer and let your imagination run riot!!). Will spend a bit of time on the Optimus 22. 50p?, what a bargain!!. Need to check up on the Kincraft, really looks the biz :)

What a load of fun swapping mystery parcels :D

Winds easing now but been bad all day. Missed the preview today so will no doubt pay far too much tomorrow :(
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yes, itsme, doors blown right off...and they are sliding ones, not just side hinges.

Its this sort of day after this sort of spring that giving up sounds tempting.
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    rhiwfield wrote: »
    Alf, yes the pipe things were there, though one looked more like a deviant torture instrument (google hedgehog pipereamer and let your imagination run riot!!). Will spend a bit of time on the Optimus 22. 50p?, what a bargain!!. Need to check up on the Kincraft, really looks the biz :)

What a load of fun swapping mystery parcels :D

Winds easing now but been bad all day. Missed the preview today so will no doubt pay far too much tomorrow :(

oooo let me know how you get on...auction i assume ?
    by KINCRAFT is that the lighter thingy ?
    i have the lace pic on my wall...:D

me finks that i will be getting more for a mystery box...

i was at a carboot a couple of weeks ago and one guy said to me to "help yourself, its going to the tip otherwise " :eek:
    SO I DID :D
    just sold/selling some of it on the bay....
    i like to think they think im polite,kind,friendly...hence the freebies.:) OR they just feel sorry for me,thinking im on my uppers !!:rotfl::rotfl:
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    Yes, itsme, doors blown right off...and they are sliding ones, not just side hinges.

LIR...will you have manpower to help get the doors back on...do you mean those hefty ones by the chooks...??:eek:

as for the riding down your lane...i have an idea....;)
    tell DH that theres a goose needs rescuing in a pond at the end of the lane.... horse gets a walk, no need for saddle and the locals get SIR GODIVA free show :D

my grump for the day....shut your ears ITSME ;)

what is it with drivers that do not indicate at roundabouts ??? are they allergic to that stick thing off the steering wheel that makes the task simple...up or down ....left or right. i am not asking them to get out of the vehicle in the rain and wind and POINT... i am merely, albeit fruitlessly, expecting an indication of what path they intend to follow so that there is a possibility of me emerging from MY road in a relatively safe manner.....

p,s, havnt heard from rozee for a while ?? hope she is fine..:)

choille...also glad you are ok and having good weather...:mad:....up there... ;)
    t
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope the weather calms down for you all.

Been quite windy here but it keeps the midgies away. The clouds now dropped & it;s like the ceiling is lowered & the midgies are nipping - even in here - the cats bring them in & I'm in & out to the fridge & chicks in the shed.

Tomorrow is baff day as it's changeover at the holiday home - way hey.................
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ŷes alfie, the metal chicken doors. Dh is home now and has bahed them back on. Looks like e will need to replace at least one very soon though. Might replace with a front door type stable door, various reasons....would like enhanced security and also.....might as well get a door suitable for any purpose, just incase of future use. If any one sees fit to make a fuss they can see its just chicken housing.......

Dh is doing lates now for me, tomorrow its meant to be dry so we will do what we can to tidy up with the chainsaw and then garden repairs as will be stuck inside again sunday.
  • Itismehonest
    Itismehonest Posts: 4,352 Forumite
    Options
    my grump for the day....shut your ears ITSME ;)

what is it with drivers that do not indicate at roundabouts ??? are they allergic to that stick thing off the steering wheel that makes the task simple...up or down ....left or right. i am not asking them to get out of the vehicle in the rain and wind and POINT... i am merely, albeit fruitlessly, expecting an indication of what path they intend to follow so that there is a possibility of me emerging from MY road in a relatively safe manner.....

:rotfl: It's the ones that indicate & then turn in the ruddy opposite direction that you need to worry about :rotfl:
    p,s, havnt heard from rozee for a while ?? hope she is fine..:)

I think rozee said she'd be busy with the kids at home this week...... unless I dreamt it :o

Oh, that takes some doing :( Are they totally burgered or can you re-hang them?

Yea, I know :(
    When we first encountered gales after coming here we spent several nights chasing corrugated iron sheets from shed rooves around in the dark & pouring rain. Not fun. The only thing I can say is that we learned from all the various experiences &, where possible, adapted things to lessen the likelihood of the same things happening again.
    As I think I've said before, our biggest problem during gales was finding a way to stop the chicken houses flying from one field to another.
  • Itismehonest
    Itismehonest Posts: 4,352 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2012 at 11:19PM
    Options
    Sorry. Just seen that you answered the question about the doors.
    What size are they? Would they not be less likely to fly off if they were planked wood on engineered metal?
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have room for two pms right now!

Width of stable doors, fullheight sliding metal......typical dairy doors really.

I am hoping to replace with a non sliding door with more lockabilit and fewer draughts though.. Something more akin to a front door...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure