We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Splish splosh..... :rotfl:

WHILST WE WERE [HERE IN N.F.] FEELING SMUG THAT EVERYWHERE HAD RAIN BAR US.......

ok ok turn the bl**dy taps off now !! me finks all of you have aimed your hoses ON JET at us ....:rotfl::rotfl:

IT HAS NOT STOPPED....:(

farrier had to cancel as the ponies were NOT going to stand out in it for anybody !!.... dora is grumpy being in now, flo is plain sulking... IF, IF its not raining tomorow i will turn them out...:)

supposed to be working on railway tomorow but as its track repairs it has to be dry ... the "open day" is a week saturday so will have to jam it into next week if not..:eek: this day is for railway anoraks....sorry enthusiasts... they all arrive with thier "favourite" train safely tucked under thier arm waiting to see it go round the track.....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: sorry ...very serious stuff..;)
  • ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome Welsh Poppy! :) Just keep on saving, you'll get there! Maybe you could try using eBay to raise a little to add to your pot? Watch Rhiwy and Alfie for handy hints! ;)

We been watching Mum Woodpecker and son on feeders today. :j

7163553667_fa75ab0f0f.jpg
    Woodpecker baby 020 by ukmaggie45, on Flickr

7348762558_480db1a239.jpg
    Woodpecker baby 031 by ukmaggie45, on Flickr
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Amazing pics!

He doesn't look terribly certain, does he?!
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    brilliant pics... i love seeing the babies all arriving after 1st flights..

sorry, welcome to newbies.

we have got the most horrendous winds here tonite....gonna be a few trees down !!
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    brilliant pics... i love seeing the babies all arriving after 1st flights..

sorry, welcome to newbies.

we have got the most horrendous winds here tonite....gonna be a few trees down !!

Or rooves here!:eek:

Special girl horse was stomping about tonight, she wants to go out for a ride. I was thinking of hauling myself upthere and toddling down the road but its been so long she needs something like a polypad for her saddle...something i have never needed, and her girth will not fit....seems a bit ott to replace for a five minute walk down the road, and roads are too busy to ride bareback. Not for safety, she'd be fine, but for reputation.:o
  • Itismehonest
    Itismehonest Posts: 4,352 Forumite
    edited 7 June 2012 at 10:41PM
    Options
    Great photos, maggie. :T

We had a bit of a respite for a few hours but the rain & wind are back & the wind seems to be getting stronger.

On a completely different tack.....
    We were reminiscing tonight & got onto the subject of childhood playgrounds. We listed all the equipment we remembered from when we were kids including swings, swingboats, slide, climbing frames, monkey bars, iron horse, umbrella, roundabout & ..... the cheesecutter.
    I tried to find a photo of a cheesecutter online (we were trying to work out the mechanics of how it stayed horizontal) but had absolutely no joy although I found several written references to them.
    I'm presuming Health & Safety sounded their death knell :rotfl:
    Does anyone know if they were called by another name?
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all - hope you're all well & things are growing. Seem to have been either off-line or busy outdoors - our weather has been good & dry too. Wind getting up tonight, but kept the midgies off.
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Dry weather? Omg....:)

Wind so rocking i dare not go to sleep yet. I should have kept the horses in but old horse needs grass not hay......oh dear, oh dear....
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ...............yeh, I've been dragging water about to give the poor plants a drink.
  • Welsh_Poppy
    Welsh_Poppy Posts: 979 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for welcome will keep eyes peeled for all tips.
    CTC...glad you managed to get your small holding and hope it works well for you.

Maggie, great idea and love the photos.

Winds really bad here and kept me awake most of night.
    Weight loss challenge 66lb to go /59lb's lost

Grocery Budget January £150/£175
    Feb £150/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills