PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

smoothie / smoothies recipes

Options

Comments

• moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LOL, for my first smoothie I would have stuck with something that tasted nice :D
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    moggins wrote:
    My favourite is banana and strawberry. I keep a supply of frozen strawberries in the freezer and just chuck in a carton of yoghurt, 2 bananas, a pint of milk and a handful of frozen stawberries in my smoothie maker, yum!!

Moggins, this sounds lovely. I have all the ingredients in so will make this for dd and I for breakfast and get the day off to a nice (and healthy) start.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • Molanole
    Molanole Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello again,

Sorry to be a pain and pester with questions about old fruit today. I checked the old pineapple in the fruit basket and it really has gone bad. So, in the fridge I have some strawberries donated by the M-I-L-to-be which are starting to turn. I just had half the punnet for breakfast by fishing out the good ones but wondered what I can do with the rest which are starting to go a bit mushy.

I'm quite partial to a smoothie, does anyone have and good ideas for a strawberry smoothie? Or anything else for that matter?

Any advice gratefully received.
    Debt Free Nerd No. 89, LBM: April 2006, Debt at highest (Sept 05): £40,939.96
    NOW TOTALLY DEBT FREE!!!!!!!! Woooo hooooooo!!! DEBT FREE DATE: 23 December 2009
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I make a banana and strawberry smoothie which is just half a large tub of natural yoghurt, 1/2 pt milk, 2 bananas and a handful of frozen strawberries.

Last time I shoved a peeled kiwifruit in there too and that was yummy.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • wigginsmum
    wigginsmum Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    Options
    I bung in any fruit I've got, and either yogurt, milk or fruit juice.
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    Options
    I love this liquid breakfast smoothie. I got the recipe from the board at the smoothie shop :D

Strawberries, banana, OJ, yoghurt & a handful of wheatgerm.

Its luverly :D

Although, I often replace the strawberries with raspberries as I buy those frozen so always have them in.

I also freeze bananas in slices in small bags so my smoothies are nice and cold.
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Do bananas freeze ok? Although i guess they don't have to look right to be smoothied do they?!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    Options
    Floss wrote:
    Do bananas freeze ok? Although i guess they don't have to look right to be smoothied do they?!

yep, they freeze fine. I usually slice them or cut into small chunks so they blend better.

I got the tip from this site actually.

Someone else mentioned that they put a lolly stick into a peeled banana, freeze it and then give them to their kids as ice lollies.

I tried eating one of my frozen bits to see what it tasted like and didn't like it but could see that kids may like the idea :D
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • SusanCarter
    SusanCarter Posts: 781 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    My basic smoothie mixture is 1 banana, 2 or 3 tbsp yoghurt, any random fruit, top up to 600 ml with fruit juice. I also add a dash of honey if using cranberry juice. Don't use plums or kiwi fruit though as they end up really strong.
  • Lady_S
    Lady_S Posts: 1,156 Forumite
    Options
    hiya, i don't know if anyone can help me. I have got my OH a juicer for his brithday. We already have a blender and in reading the receipe book it says that we also need a citrus squeezer. I have looked all over and i cannot see one anywhere. Does anyone know where I would be able to get one from.

Even Lakeland failed me.

I have posed it on here because I thought that it was more an OS thing to make your own drinks like this rather than buy those stupid expensive ones pre prepared.

Thanks in anticipation
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport