Travel Insurance for Specific Conditions

191011121315»

Comments

• edda
    edda Posts: 1,057 Forumite
    First Post
    Are there any insurance policies that cover situations where loyalty air miles (e.g. BMI or Virgin) are redeemed?

For example, I have enough miles to fly to New York and back. I want to redeem these - and will book the hotel accommodation myself.

But if the airline ceases to trade or the flight is cancelled for whatever reason, I will still incur the cost of the hotel. I would like an insurance policy that covers this. Do any exist?

Thanks.
  • As they are highly recommended on the site I have just rung The post office for travel insurance for a 75 day trip to New Zealand, I am 75 my wife is 74. The quote was £1322.75 and this was without pre-existing. Is this the sort of price we can expect?
    TIA
  • chicgeek
    chicgeek Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 August 2010 at 4:01PM
    [please ignore]
  • I spent ages ringing round for quotes and being given ridiculous quotes for an annual policy because I took tablets for high blood and cholestorol

Almost all wanted an additional fee to cover these conditions ranging between 40 -170 quid. Thats in addition to paying for the standard cover as well.

A friend recommended alltravelinsurance.com and they have a number of policies which will cover these two conditions together as standard (as long as its not coupled with a recent heartattack or by pass Surgery). You medication just needs to have been stable for the last three months. They can cover annuals up to 79 and single trips up to 84. Saved me enough for a good night out on my next holiday:beer:
  • fin1
    fin1 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hi

Does anyone know of any company that will:

1) Insure someone already abroad (for over 6 months)?

2) Insure someone who is travelling for another 4 months or more?

3) Insure valuables of £400 or more, including new ones bought abroad?

Many thanks

Steve
  • Hello.... slightly unusual question. I want to book a holiday for a week in July, but my father is on the waiting list for an operation. We don't know when it will be, they said it should be "in the next few months" and they have said they will take any slots that arise from cancellations. I would not want to go away if the operation was going to happen whilst I was away as it's quite a long haul and I'm unsure how contactable I will be.

Does anyone know of insurance that will cover me? Obviously I would be taking out in full knowledge of something that might prevent me taking the trip :s
  • I don't think anywhere will cover a 'foreseen' event. As you know that you may already need to cancel the trip, I don't know of anywhere at all that will cover this circumstance.
  • Has anyone heard of the company Nowicantravel for travel insurance? I've just finished treatment for breast cancer and they are giving me the best quote for travelling to America in the summer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure