We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous

Options

Comments

• Tiger_greeneyes
    Tiger_greeneyes Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As soon as I can afford it I'm going to get 12 Kleancolours in tropical/neon shades for water manis and a few more sparklies - ie the purple sparkle - they're almost edible!
  • Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm now an addict. I spent the morning perusing Boots and Superdrugs nail polishes looking for a very glittery topcoat. They're all too ickle flecky and I sort of want a chunky effect. Eventually bought 2 Cover Girl crackles in £land - red and gold.
    I have never, ever used a crackle :o

I also have 24 kleancolor polishes coming from ebay soon.
    I'm beginning to dread reading this thread as it's causing me serious pain in the credit card :rotfl:

*ignoring the Nails Inc offer* ;)

Chunky Glittery Topcoats, the new No7 are really chunky, also Revlon - Stunning, is quite chunky too.
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • athenajm
    athenajm Posts: 213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I won a China Glaze magnetic nail varnish yesterday and picked the Instant Chemistry colour. It arrived this morning, looks nice in the bottle but I still have my black with stickers on, don't want to take that off but I really want to try the new one - decisions decisions!!
    £2012 in 2012 - £1381
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My six Kleancolor polishes that I ordered from ebay arrived this morning :) Seriously impressed with the delivery, I ordered them on the 26th and they arrived today - that's really good coming from the US. I got them from a store called Joy's Cosmetics, not the cheapest but great service.

I only had time for a quick play but I'm loving the black and bluebell holos. I also got one called 'Firework' which is a gold glitter with red and turquoise - looks much nicer than I thought, less green than the online pics - and a lovely one called 'Afternoon Picnic' which is a really big multi-colour glitter. They are nice polishes and I'm already planning a second spree lol.
  • iamashoppingaddict
    Options
    Bravo! That must have taken you a very long time :T:T:T

Thanks, about an hour and a half all in. Luckily OH was out! Everybody at work yesterday thought they were stickers. Had a hard time convincing people that they weren't. Therefore am pleased with my efforts.

However loads of people now want me to do there nails for events they have coming up!!
  • iamashoppingaddict
    Options
    I keep seeing the kleancolors on eBay and was VERY tempted. However OH and I today had a rather shocking letter from the bank, so cannot buy any more polishes again for some time. :o(

However I do have loads of stuff to play with so that should fill my varnish addiction hopefully!!!!
  • I_wanna_live_for_free
    Options
    24? As in two dozen?? Blimey. You've found your spiritual home on this thread :rotfl:

I'm so happy :D
  • I_wanna_live_for_free
    Options
    Callie22 wrote: »
    My six Kleancolor polishes that I ordered from ebay arrived this morning :) Seriously impressed with the delivery, I ordered them on the 26th and they arrived today - that's really good coming from the US. I got them from a store called Joy's Cosmetics, not the cheapest but great service.

I only had time for a quick play but I'm loving the black and bluebell holos. I also got one called 'Firework' which is a gold glitter with red and turquoise - looks much nicer than I thought, less green than the online pics - and a lovely one called 'Afternoon Picnic' which is a really big multi-colour glitter. They are nice polishes and I'm already planning a second spree lol.

That's who I ordered from. Am so looking forward to getting them! My daughter is frantically trying to grow her nails as I told her no nails = no polish. Sounds mean but if I can get her to break the habit is all to the good. :)
  • I_wanna_live_for_free
    Options
    Gillyx wrote: »
    Chunky Glittery Topcoats, the new No7 are really chunky, also Revlon - Stunning, is quite chunky too.

thank you :) Will go back to town tomorrow to look.
  • elisebutt65
    elisebutt65 Posts: 3,854 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I had a little play with my Illamasqua polishes from their nail event a couple of weeks back
    7322172704_02f9d7e256_m.jpg
    This is Bacterium (nice name lol) on it's own but then I decided to give taping a go and added some Scarab on thumb and ring fingers

7322180084_ec4214575a_m.jpg7322177854_22739ffc50_m.jpg7322175998_be99b8154e_m.jpg
    That flipping tape is so fiddly!!! I really, really hate doing my right hand!
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    [STRIKE]Student MoneySaving Club member 026![/STRIKE] Teacher now and still Moneysaving:D

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback