We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous

Options

Comments

• starrystarry
    starrystarry Posts: 2,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    HanSpan wrote: »
    LOL. But that is not green - its baby poo, or french mustard if you have less revolting imagery.

Ha ha! Baby poo! That's what it will be known as henceforth...Nails Inc Baby Poo. I'm going to franken it today with some blue, see if I can improve the colour.
  • Ida_Notion
    Ida_Notion Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    HanSpan wrote: »
    LOL. But that is not green - its baby poo, or french mustard if you have less revolting imagery.

It must be the day for that kind of thing. I'm itching to do something football-related for Euro 2012, but it doesn't kick off until the end of the week and so last night I thought I'd join the fray and do something for the jubilee instead. I sponged dark blue onto the tip half of bright red nails and stamped it over with silver Konad.

Unless you're looking at it extremely closely, it looks like I've spent the evening digging the garden with my fingernails, neglecting to wash my hands and then chewing my cuticles until they've bled profusely. Needlessly to say, the whole lot will be coming off ASAP in favour of something a bit less gruesome looking :)

The 'Long Acre' green reminds me of how processed peas used to look until manufacturers were forced to cut back on the E numbers and stop putting the dye in :D
    Freddie Starr Ate My Signature
  • backhoe
    backhoe Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    My goodies arrived in the post this morning (stamping set and nail pens). So excited that I really dont know what to try first.

Also keep looking at water marbling on you tube and really want to try that out too.
  • Tiger_greeneyes
    Tiger_greeneyes Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So as my water decals didn't turn up in time for the party, I decided to give freehand a go. Not too bad actually I think! Could have been worse!

2867049f.jpg

Bravo! That must have taken you a very long time :T:T:T
  • Tiger_greeneyes
    edited 2 June 2012 at 3:29PM
    Options
    Lol! Having lived in Germany I agree.

Where and what else nailvarnish wise is cheaper in the states?

I know there's a few more but I don't remember the names. I'm sure someone else will come along and help us out. I hope so, I really want some new ideas :D:o

ETA, I don't know how much Orly costs over there but it's a seriously good brand, I have quite a few now. Some of their bridal colours are beautiful if you like the pale ones, I have a lilac that goes with just about everything and is great for tips/overlaying with dried flowers etc.
  • Toomuchdebt
    Toomuchdebt Posts: 2,132 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 June 2012 at 4:22PM
    Options
    Loving all the pics you guys put up :)

Re Barielle polish-I used it finally and like it :) Nice size brush and good coverage-2 coats is enough :) No streaks or clumps.No pics as my nails aren't long enough yet but I recommend it thoroughly :)
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • backhoe
    backhoe Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Well have had my first attempt at water marbling. Not brilliant but pleased that it didnt go horribly wrong.

Please excuse the state of the cuticles. They need some serious attention!!!

7321226554_dc80ea264d.jpg
  • Tiger_greeneyes
    Options
    backhoe wrote: »
    Well have had my first attempt at water marbling. Not brilliant but pleased that it didnt go horribly wrong.

Please excuse the state of the cuticles. They need some serious attention!!!

7321226554_dc80ea264d.jpg

I really like them - they look like lemon & lime and strawberry & cream sweets :D

That's great for a first attempt, I've not done it yet but I will. I hope mine turn out so good :)

Cuticles? What cuticles? I didn't notice ;)
  • I_wanna_live_for_free
    Options
    I'm now an addict. I spent the morning perusing Boots and Superdrugs nail polishes looking for a very glittery topcoat. They're all too ickle flecky and I sort of want a chunky effect. Eventually bought 2 Cover Girl crackles in £land - red and gold.
    I have never, ever used a crackle :o

I also have 24 kleancolor polishes coming from ebay soon.
    I'm beginning to dread reading this thread as it's causing me serious pain in the credit card :rotfl:

*ignoring the Nails Inc offer* ;)
  • starrystarry
    starrystarry Posts: 2,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also have 24 kleancolor polishes coming from ebay soon.
    I'm beginning to dread reading this thread as it's causing me serious pain in the credit card :rotfl:

24? As in two dozen?? Blimey. You've found your spiritual home on this thread :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure