We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous

Options

Comments

• iamashoppingaddict
    Options
    HanSpan wrote: »
    Not too bad!?! They are fantasic. Any time you want some spare nails to play on I'm available!

Thank you, that's really nice of you to say! xx
  • HanSpan
    HanSpan Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tried to stay away (for the sake of my bank balance)but can't - decided to try stamping, I remember someone saying they'd bought from amazon so had a quick peep but don't know which to buy, can anyone recommend a set? Also do you need to buy the scraper etc?
    Thanks

I bought a small konad set from Amaxon - a few plates; green red and white polish, a stamper and a scraper. I'm glad I did as I've since bought cheap things on ebay and Amazon and the original ones give me something to compare with.
    I can tell where the problem is just my ineptitude and where its, for instance, the rubbish scraper, stamper and polish from a very cheap set from HK. The plates in the HK set are great and worth the money with the rest in the bin, but if I'd bought that set first I would have given up on the whole thing.
    I think my small Konad set was about £15 and, I feel, well worth it. Although if I had my time again I might buy an even smaller set as long as it had one each of polish, scraper, stamper and plate.
    HTH
  • HanSpan
    HanSpan Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Then add to that the box of 'accents' with foil, sparkly bits, offcuts of lace etc.

Then the box of 'proper polish'.

Its a bit OTT really :D

A bit? Wow. I now feel very inadequate with my pitiful collection which the OH thinks is becoming an unhealthy obsession. Every time he moans I'm going to show him this - LOL.
    Please can we see the rest? I am so jealous!
  • starrystarry
    starrystarry Posts: 2,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nails Inc are doing a lucky dip again, 6 polishes for £15 if anyone's interested.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Well, twice in 2 days now!

Screenshot2012-06-01at154623.png

Tesco has Rimmel on 3 for 2, I needed a new black polish anyway so it seemed rude not to have a few more.
    The pink is one from the bottom of my polish box thats been there for ages, the purple is rimmel Ultra Violet and the blue is rimmel peppermint. Loving pastel colours at the moment!
  • pulliptears
    Options
    Nails Inc are doing a lucky dip again, 6 polishes for £15 if anyone's interested.

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I need a decent gold for some Lord of The Rings themed nails for DD. Any suggestions?
  • Melonade
    Melonade Posts: 747 Forumite
    Options
    I had a brainwave earlier to use a toothpick to put 1 piece of glitter on each nail over Rimmel Coralicious :o 1 piece wasn't enough so I ended up with 3 on each nail. I didn't have any glitter so I was trying to pick the glitter off the brush of my China Glaze Techno :o

It took ages and I'm now typing with wet nails... disaster waiting to happen!!

Anyone know were I can get some nice larger glitter or glittery shapes other than ebay (OH's ebay account so pretty hard to hide what I'm spending money on)
    Even if you stumble, you're still moving forward.
  • iamashoppingaddict
    Options

Have you got a link as I cannot see it on their website? (I get bored easily if something isn't simple to find...... sorry) :A
  • pulliptears
    Options
    Have you got a link as I cannot see it on their website? (I get bored easily if something isn't simple to find...... sorry) :A

Found it!

http://www.nailsinc.com/nailpolish/lucky-dip-6-polishes-for-only-15-this-jubilee-weekend/1166/

ARARRGGGHHHHH MUST RESIST....
  • iamashoppingaddict
    Options
    Thanks! Has anyone done this before? Do you get decent colours?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure