We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous

Options

Comments

• iamashoppingaddict
    iamashoppingaddict Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 June 2012 at 4:48PM
    Options
    SHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I need a decent gold for some Lord of The Rings themed nails for DD. Any suggestions?

Barry M do really good silver and gold polishes.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Barry M do really good silver and gold polishes.

I'll have to go into town tomorrow, I think all the gold polishes have been snapped up for the Jubilee this week!
  • iamashoppingaddict
    Options
    I'll have to go into town tomorrow, I think all the gold polishes have been snapped up for the Jubilee this week!

Lol not surprised. How quickly do you need one as Paul's Boutique do a good gold but they only sell their polishes online I think.
  • pulliptears
    Options
    Lol not surprised. How quickly do you need one as Paul's Boutique do a good gold but they only sell their polishes online I think.

Not that quickly, it was just something DD had asked for. Might try and persuade OH to take me to JTF in a bit. Their makeup tends to be quite good actually considering how cheap it is and I know they do their own nail polishes as well so its probably worth trying them.

If I sell it to him under the guise of 'you can have a look at the car stuff!' I'll probably get my way :D;)
  • iamashoppingaddict
    Options
    What is JTF?
  • pulliptears
    Options
    What is JTF?

Its a discount warehouse, only these days it seems to be more expensive than it used to be. It used to be business only but its opened up to the public now.

http://www.jtfmegadiscountwarehouse.co.uk/

this is the makeup they sell:

http://www.byscosmetics.co.uk/

It is surprisingly good. I'm quite fussy with makeup and usually only buy Urban Decay and the like but the eyeshadows are fabulous and its only a couple of pounds for a palette (the metallic palette is brilliant!). That website does say they do nails as well so I'm going to have to go and have a look!!!
  • starrystarry
    starrystarry Posts: 2,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 June 2012 at 5:34PM
    Options
    Thanks! Has anyone done this before? Do you get decent colours?

I've bought a lucky dip before. Bix of a mixed bag, I got mostly nice colours but one that was the single most horrid colour I've ever seen (Long Acre, google it, it's revolting). I've still got it, keep meaning to franken it to see if I can make it nicer.

Love the cloud nails pulliptears, I saw similar on a blog earlier this week. Looks quite easy to do, must give it a try.
  • iamashoppingaddict
    Options
    Its a discount warehouse, only these days it seems to be more expensive than it used to be. It used to be business only but its opened up to the public now.

http://www.jtfmegadiscountwarehouse.co.uk/

this is the makeup they sell:

http://www.byscosmetics.co.uk/

It is surprisingly good. I'm quite fussy with makeup and usually only buy Urban Decay and the like but the eyeshadows are fabulous and its only a couple of pounds for a palette (the metallic palette is brilliant!). That website does say they do nails as well so I'm going to have to go and have a look!!!

There isn't a JTF near me but there is a store near my mum which sells there make up and varnishes. Might have to pop in!
  • iamashoppingaddict
    Options
    I've bought a lucky dip before. Bix of a mixed bag, I got mostly nice colours but one that was the single most horrid colour I've ever seen (Long Acre, google it, it's revolting). I've still got it, keep meaning to franken it to see if I can make it nicer.

Love the cloud nails pulliptears, I saw similar on a blog earlier this week. Looks quite easy to do, must give it a try.

I have a colour similar to that. Was thinking of putting it on the swaps FB page, might not bother now! :rotfl:
  • pulliptears
    Options

Love the cloud nails pulliptears, I saw on a blog earlier this week. Looks quite easy to do, must give it a try.

OMG thats the best shade of green ever!!!!! I love it. (you knew I was strange haha)

The clouds are very easy, I've been trawling f**kyeah nail art on tumblr!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure