We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous

Options

Comments

• athenajm
    athenajm Posts: 213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think some people buy the original nail stamp things which are more expensive but that doesn't mean the ones you bought won't be any good. Sorry, didn't mean to worry you, Im sure they'll be fine!
    £2012 in 2012 - £1381
  • starrystarry
    starrystarry Posts: 2,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They'll be fine backhoe. The M66 plate I used tonight is a cheaper copy of the Konad M66. Works perfectly well. The ones you've ordered have the same packaging so I guess they're made by the same people. V tempted at that price...must resist...

(Just remember to remove the plastic cover off the plates when they come, even if it looks like there is no plastic cover. Not that any members of this group would be daft enough to try to stamp with the cover still on ;))
  • amyb_2
    amyb_2 Posts: 3,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ^^ They're amazing!! Hugely impressed!

I'm liking your shatter amy, I don't have much luck with silver shatter. The OPI one I've got doesn't shatter much, just tiny cracks.

The Ciate ones are really good.
    I have the OPI silver as well, its much subtler, it looks good over grey. More two tone than shatter effect.
    I'm so boring, my clothes wanna keep someone else warm, someone cooler
  • backhoe
    backhoe Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    (Just remember to remove the plastic cover off the plates when they come, even if it looks like there is no plastic cover. Not that any members of this group would be daft enough to try to stamp with the cover still on )

Glad you said that cos I probably wouldnt have realised!!!! lol
  • iamashoppingaddict
    Options
    Don't know what you mean starry!! Lol
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    athenajm wrote: »
    pulliptears I've got those varnishes with the white bottom and top. Do you only use them for nail art? I was talking about them a few pages ago, I tried to use them for 'normal' application but struggled because of the skinny little brushes.

I've got my leaving party tomorrow at work so decided to use my new nail stickers to do something a bit different. I have taken a pic which incidentally makes my fingers look REALLY fat but I can't work out how to put it on here. :mad:

I do just use them for drawing really, I rarely use the brushes just the fine nozzle to dot with to be honest. The brushes are, like you say far too skinny to give a good coverage. I'm probably stating the obvious but you do know if you pull the cap you have a fine tool under there for dotting etc dont you?

I amassed a huge collection of them before I realised it was 100 times cheaper and easier to use acrylic paint for nail art instead!
  • Scrapaholic
    Scrapaholic Posts: 577 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got my nail tapes now and might have time to try them today . Off to USA tomorrow . I may be buying a few (!!) polishes for myself and DD . I have a list and loads of space in our cases .
  • Tygermoth
    Tygermoth Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

Just a subtle French manicure today as I had an interview this morning. Saying that I also got a small surprise bonus from work and I went a bit mad on ebay and bought a large stamping plate, various dotting tools and a range of striping/art brushes. With a voucher I had it came to £12. So not too bad!

Sadly the bonus was not large enough to stretch to some varnish/crystal file but you can’t have everything.

:D
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
  • HanSpan
    HanSpan Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    amyb wrote: »
    I've not shattered for ages but i really like this it looks very regal

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79031776@N04/7310252880/

Pretty.
    You have inspired me to try with my shatter silver again as I did a rather scruffy job and put myself off it.
  • HanSpan
    HanSpan Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So as my water decals didn't turn up in time for the party, I decided to give freehand a go. Not too bad actually I think! Could have been worse!

Not too bad!?! They are fantasic. Any time you want some spare nails to play on I'm available!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure