PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all, that Olaf! he must have been listening on the conversation with He Who Knows yesterday I moved his cage and stand further in to the lounge as I realised he was coming out of his log roll in the afternoons when the fire was lit and the room warmer but staying inside in the mornings. Last night we heard him rootling in his small bowl of dry food nd I made him some finely slivered greens and a slice of ripe peeled pear, he had a real go at eating them too. This morning he was up and eating dry when He Who Knows came downstairs and he also used his water bottle for the first time in ages. OH topped up the dry food and piggy instantly started munching agin. I've given him more fresh green this morning which he's trying for as well so it looks as though there is a deferral in making the decision of his future for which I'm mightily relieved. Not out of the woods yet and I know it might change and reverse but for today at least Olaf Rules Yay!!!!!
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So much for finding 5 mins to piston Friday. I started work before 7am and didn't finish until hubby asked when I as going to make dinner as he was famished. It was almost 8pm:eek:

the intruders are one less, so that's now 2 disposed of however another pair has appeared to accompany the 3 originals. Seems the 2 who have been dealt with with a separate pair. Whoever said they were solitary creatures?! So, our efforts will need to continue:(

We had atrocious weather over the weekend. Torrential rain on Saturday and wind and rain yesterday so I didn't get out into the garden at all which was frustrating. Hopefully next weekend it will be better.

Right, that's my 5 minute break over (while my laptop updated and rebooted) so back to work!

Mrs LW - great news about Olaf. Hope it continues.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good evening all,

Lyn I am so pleased Olaf seems to be a little better today, hope it continues .

Hoglet sounds as though you have had a good weekend. You know, at a push, you could hire your DH out, he sounds to be a little treasure:):) Wasps lost this week 17 - 26, evidently the first time this season. It must have been a good crowd by the amount of traffic and also people walking to the ground.

We have had a few quiet days here. Junior has settled in well with DGD and is not so shy now. DGD2 went to see him on Saturday and was really pleased to see him. I think she is happy now that she can see he is settled.

It has been a nice day but has turned quite cold now. Washing all done, cheese, potato and onion pie was made and we had that this evening with grilled bacon and baked beans. Apple and blackberry crumble with cream for afters.

I am trying to run the freezer down a little so I can see what is in the bottom , and will then stock up again.

Have a good few days everyone and take care

Much love

Candlelightx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    He's still eating!!!
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Well done Olaf, it must have been the talk from He Who Knows and your feeding him. I am sure you would all be devastated if anything happened to him.

Is Nell away with her pupils at the moment, is that why you have Olaf?

Candlelightx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    He came home after he'd had the first dental treatment just before half term and she's really busy at the moment with all the extra things she does, not just being a department head and it's budgets needing to be in, new A level sylabus coming in and lesson plans needing to be writted and she's had to interview scholarship kids and write evaluations and reports for that etc. much more too so sense said leave him here until he's recovered as Oma has the time and can keep an eye on him in the day which Nell can't as she's out. He's a little fighter I'll say that for him!
  • hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    such wonderful news MLW - I hope it continues on. Yes he does sound like such a little fighter.

Also so lovely to see more posts on here - I love being able to catch up with something everytime I log on.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Could not stop laughing at scottishminnie post (piston instead of Post on) that's the second time today was on another tread earlier. 1am and I can't stop laughing.

Well that has woke me up.

Lyn it sounds like Olaf felt too cold to be bothered. I used to find mine ate less in the winter but ate a lot of hay then. They will happily eat all their bedding and then of course they get cold.
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Could not stop laughing at scottishminnie post (piston instead of Post on) that's the second time today was on another tread earlier. 1am and I can't stop laughing.

I really should learn to proof read my posts:D The predictive text on the ipad drives me crazy seems to have no logic sometime!
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • ArthriticOldThing
    Options
    Morning all. Sunny and bright here - ideal weather for hanging washing out.
    Mrs LW, am so glad Olaf seems a bit brighter and is eating.
    Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Do without.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure