PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello all...thank you for the birthday wishes for Iris..
    Unfortunately they seem to have caught a bug..Fern has been throwing up all day..Iris has a headache and is hot..so Neurofen for both and laid on sofa all day..my poor little girlies...i don't feel that good myself but they come first.

I have had my LEA visit this morning..lovely lady..looked at Fern's work and how she has progressed from last year..was impressed with Iris reading..i got the thumb's up and was told " i am enthusiastic and doing great work"..am blushing now..so am going to keep it going.

Going to have day off tomorrow so girlies can recover and i can catch my breath..busy,busy,busy..that's me.
    Jack had his first encounter with our resident squirrel today...the squirrel has been raiding my hazelnut bushes..i am not bothered..he is welcome to them..Jack was going berserk at the squirrel sitting on the fence eating a nut..it seemed to be taunting him..lol..he will never catch him..
    I hope everyone is ready for the weather change..it was chilly here today..windy too...glad i got all my jobs done in the garden..
    right i am going to have a cuppa and early night i think..
    take care all
    ftm

p.s. if this posts twice its not my fault
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh dear FTM it just doesn't seem fair some days does it? I hope that whatever you've all got passes very quickly and you are your usual little chipper selves again very soon. Quite right to take the day off, and tomorrow if you need to, it's really the only way to make sure these bugs go away completely, if you try to keep going it always takes longer doesn't it? Look after yourselves, gentle hugs and lots of love Lyn xxx.

Lots of posts on other threads are arriving twice, think it must be a glitch in the system, Lyn xxx.
  • flowertotmum
    Options
    Hi.lyn..thank you..girls are recovering slowly..they haven't thrown up since yesterday afternoon..plenty of water and dry biscuits today...i have a very strange tummy..won't go into details but its not nice..

I have news..my lovely yet stressed out to the max husband has got a new job...yes,yes,yes....
    No more phone calls at all hours and late nights and very early mornings..
    Some may think its wrong to give up a full-time job to go part-time but they haven't seen him..he just looks ill all the time..not eating,sleeping and more migraines than is humanly possible to bear...
    So life is going to be frugaler(is that a word)...i am looking forward to as a challenge..money wise,food wise(going to be creative)...
    He has handed in his week notice this morning...he is just looking forward to being in the slow lane for once..
    Right have to go(tummy at it again)..
    love ftm

• flowertotmum
    Options
    Hi.lyn..thank you..girls are recovering slowly..they haven't thrown up since yesterday afternoon..plenty of water and dry biscuits today...i have a very strange tummy..won't go into details but its not nice..

I have news..my lovely yet stressed out to the max husband has got a new job...yes,yes,yes....
    No more phone calls at all hours and late nights and very early mornings..
    Some may think its wrong to give up a full-time job to go part-time but they haven't seen him..he just looks ill all the time..not eating,sleeping and more migraines than is humanly possible to bear...
    So life is going to be frugaler(is that a word)...i am looking forward to as a challenge..money wise,food wise(going to be creative)...
    He has handed in his week notice this morning...he is just looking forward to being in the slow lane for once..
    Right have to go(tummy at it again)..
    love ftm

• candlelight_2013
    Options
    Hi FTM. glad the girlies are feeling a little better, but it sounds as though you have it now. When you are a Mum nursing little ones you really can't escape it.

That is really good news about your DHs new job. No job is worth making yourself ill for and believe me I have first hand experience.

Before Himself retired he worked all hours God sent, never said no when they asked him to work extra hours, and we could never arrange anything, even for weekends or Bank holidays. He used to worry me to death, his face would be grey with tiredness, he worked shifts, and when he was on nights found it difficult to sleep during the day.

Two years before he was due to retire he had a massive heart attack, and had 6 months off work. When he returned he told them in no uncertain words what he was prepared to do and what hours he would work.. May be a little late in the day but he suddenly realised you are no more thought of by your employer.

I am sure you will manage and just think you will be able to look at DHs face and not worry about him being ill. I know he was really ill with that infected tooth, but he won't be stressed out with work and being away from home for all those hours.

You are obviously a lovely happy family, and now you will be able to spend a little more time together.

Look after yourselves and it sounds to me as though he has made the best decision for him and the family.

Candlelight
  • flowertotmum
    Options
    Candlelight..thank you..i have tears for you and your hubby..you are so right no job is worth your health..you get no more thought of for all you do..i am so glad he is ok now.
    It does worry me how tired Simon looks..he has lost weight and is constantly on alert..sounds stupid..but i would live in a hole in the ground and be happy..rather than him working himself to an early grave(THAT IS HOW WORRIED I AM)..
    I know we are in a good position in life to be able to do this..we are lucky and i know it...
    thank you.
    love
    ftm

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    FTM sorry you're feeling yukky too today, hope the girls are well on the way to recovery and that you will be very soon. Brilliant news about your DHs new job, couldn't be more pleased for you all, he's been through the mill a bit lately hasn't he pet? let's hope this new start will be the start of a new and happier phase in all your lives, Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi ftm, hugs to you all, hope you are better soon. Must be the changing weather, there's a lot of it around.

And well done that hubby, great news! There's no point making yourself ill doing a full time job if you can manage on a part time one and I have no doubt you will make a massive success of it as you always do xxx
  • charlies-aunt
    Options
    Great news FTM! - my husband was made redundant from a very high pressure job with long hours three years ago. . . .he did get work after 6 months - full time on minimum wage but the pace is slow and its a very relaxed atmosphere . . . . . no way he will ever go back to his old job.

Things are much happier at home - we live very OS and frugally on a small budget but life is good and we have gained an appreciation for the things in life that money can't buy.

Happy days ahead for you and lovely family :T
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had a lovely evening yesterday - treated ourselves to a nice steak from the butcher so had steak dinner, watched a film and went to bed before 10.00 bliss!

The downside is I was awake before 6.30 this morning so today might be a long one!

Planning on riding the bikes into Reading - there is motorbike parking in the centre of town (free!) right near the market so I can stock up on veggies. It's also unfortunately near Lakeland but we went there last week so must resist another visit! Then I can wander in the cheapy shops (all the pound shops and Wilkos) before heading home.

We're going to try riding to OH's folks house as it is near where I work and I want to start riding to work a couple of times a week a. because it's cheaper and b. to get practise of riding in busy traffic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure