PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• Afternoon all, I'm waiting for DD2 to arrive with her hubby for the weekend and am so looking forward to seeing them and baby lentil of course (well, the bulge anyway!), I hope the weather is nice tomorrow as they want to go to Exbury Gardens, a beautiful estate owned by the de Rothschild family with wonderful walks through the grounds and by the river and big lakes with massive carp who come and slupp in the water for food, lovely. There should be some lovely autumn colour through the trees too. They have a small gague railway too and the lurcher is always fascinated by the train and will sit and watch it until it's out of sight, he's an odd little chap, but such a character!

The house smells lovely as there is a bolognese sauce simmering away on the cooker, it's nice to have the weather just that bit cooler and want hot food again, this is nice as I've used our home grown onions, garlic, green peppers and tomatoes for the sauce, I love it when most of what I cook is home grown, so satisfying.

FTM how annoying you have lost all the home made meals from the freezer, does your household insurance cover things like that? I know once we had a freezer breakdown and even though we didn't have separate insurance for it our insurer reimbursed us to the full value of the contents, might be worth a check? The hazel bushes on our walk this afternoon had dropped masses of nuts on the paths, and such a lot of acorns down too what a difference to last autumn when there were none at all down here after that dismal wet summer. Love the Johnny Appleseed project, very appropriate in such a good year for apples, you do some great things with the littlies in your home schooling!!!

Have a lovely weekend everyone, I hope the sun shines for all of you Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    FTM I am full of admiration for you, you obviously really enjoy home educating your lovely girls, and it shows in your posts.

Mrs LW have a wonderful weekend with DD, SIL and "blue lentil".

Candlelight
  • charlies-aunt
    Options
    Beautiful dry sunny day today - two lines of washing have dried with a lovely outdoor-sey fragrance :)

Still busy picking and processing veggies off the allotment - the runner beans are still coming on well but the beetroot have nearly had it ....and we are still picking courgettes although we are down to two plants but they are still giving us 6 courgettes a week :)

Found three little white cabbages that had got lost amongst the broccoli - a bit moth eaten but salvageable - we have a family of rabbits that we look after so they are always happy to eat anything that's less than perfect.

Just trying to psyche myself up to tackle the big basket of cooking apples that a friend has given me - they are lovely but quite small so its a time consuming job prepping them for the freezer but an apple pie and custard in the middle of winter is a wonderful reminder of summer....I am between a rock and a hard place as the choice tonight is either doing the apples or tackling a mountain of shirts that need ironing :o

Oh well, upward and onwards :rotfl:
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• candlelight_2013
    Options
    Charlies-aunt I did the same. Stripped the bed which I usually do on a Sunday anyway, and doesn't bed linen smell lovely when it has dried outside in sunshine? Had every intention of ironing. but then had visitors so that must be my first job today.

During the week I had a text from my friend asking if we were in. Her husband was on his way round with produce from his allotment. It was like a T***o delivery. I have a big bag of cooking applies, 2 bags of plums and greengages(which DH loves) beetroot, sweetcorn , large bag of french beans (I assume the last of the season) and an enormous cabbage and a lettuce. He did this last year as well and we are so grateful, everything tastes wonderful.

I did share some of this with my sister because I just didn't have enough room in the freezer.

Garden is tidy now, garden furniture covered and old bedding plants pulled out. I am really loving this weather, long may it continue.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Candlelight
  • Thankfully our courgettes are now finished and dug out of the ground and I think the french and runner beans are virtually at thier last pickings. The freezers are groaning, I've run out of jars for preserving things so we're having an awful lot of tomato based food at present. We have beetroot in the polytunnel which will stand at least until christmas and an awful lot of leeks and parsnips on the allottment and in the garden and one and a half sacks of sound home grown spuds to see us through the cold weather. I've also a big box of cooking apples from the tree stashed away for crumbles when we get cold weather. Looks good to me at this point in the year.

We had a lovely weekend with our daughter and son in law, did so much nattering and laughing it was great. Baby Lentil now has his own name and he is Ezra Peter Oskar and is 21 weeks big so less to wait now than he's been around. DD loved all the little bits and pieces I'd got for him and the sweetest moment of the weekend was when she came dancing downstairs from her bedroom on Sunday morning with a little baby T shirt, white with red hearts on that she'd kept from her 'dollies' days and said I'm taking this for Ezra and it was what I brought her home from hospital in when she was born, awwwwww so nice!!!

Hope all is well with all of you and yours, have a good week, Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Hi Mrs. LW, what a beautiful name for Lentil, so unusual.

In another life I was a Registrar of Births & Deaths and you can imagine some of the names I dealt with. Ezra is a wonderful name, I will have to look it up to find the meaning.

Glad you had a lovely weekend, it is so exciting buying for the baby isn't it.

Have a good week.

Candlelight.
  • It means a Helper in hebrew and Peter is The Rock and Oskar is Spear of Christ or from the Gaelic Friend of the Deer, you can tell I'm besotted can't you? Lyn xxx.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Just a bit, but why not, I have 3 grandchildren all of whom I love dearly, but there is nothing like your first - VERY SPECIAL

Candlelight
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello all..
    MLW..i am so glad you had a lovely weekend..and i love the name..its so beautiful..and the heart vest..well i will be honest i almost cried at that..how fitting and so special. I have 4 gorgeous grandchildren and its so lovely when they visit and being "grandma" gives us super powers you know..we know everything,can fix everything...its so sweet.

Candlelight..thank you..i am trying my best for the 2 tots..and being honest i am totally loving it all..that moment when the penny finally drops and you see it in their eyes"hey i can do this" is magical..
    You sound quite busy yourself..all that lovely veg..i have a nice friend who has rang to see if i am in on friday..he has some veggies for me..o i am looking forward to it.

Back to business..my fridge/freezer is being replaced by my insurers as per our policy..and thanks to lyn i rang and checked to see if i could recoup some of the loss of the food..i am getting some money back..£50 but better than nothing..thanks lyn i never would have thought of it.
    I went to town yesterday to stock up on school supplies...paint and paper..and stickers and anything else i could think of..

I ended up in Peacocks of all places..glad i did..they had a sale rail and i had a look..bingo..the girls ended up with new pj's and undies and i got a t-shirt..£5 for the lot..i was very pleased.
    Happy Lincolnshire day...to you all.
    In honour of today we are having Lincolnshire sausages and lincolnshire plum bread..and a local speciality Grantham gingerbread..which i am making with help from the 2 little chefs in the making.
    Right got to go..o i got a letter from the LET they are coming to inspect my teaching next week..eek!!..
    Have a great day y'all..
    love
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    FTM I'm so glad you got some money for the food you lost from the freezer, it's that utter yukk feeling that not only has your stock of things been lost but all the hours you spent making it in the first place are lost as well. Well done the insurance company and £50 should get you some ingredients to refill the new one with, so pleased for you. Have a lovely Lincolnshire Day and enjoy all those delectable yummy goodies that are planned as the celebration, Love Lyn xxx.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure