PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 October 2013 at 6:32PM
    Options
    Morning all

Trying to get my self and the house organised after being away for a week with work, leaving OH and kids (17 & 14) here :eek:

The place did look fairly organised when I got back, but a combination of jetlag and sinus problems and the place looks like a bomb has hit it added with additional hours at work. This morning I sat and watched two episodes of my boxed set of The killing.:D. Will finish my cuppa and crack on shortly though.

DS (14) has gone on a duke of Edinburgh expedition. Loaded down with tent and food. DD is off to her drama class shortly so I will have the afternoon here to sort "stuff" and reduce the laundry and ironing pile.

I thought I would bake DS and friend some cake for when I pick them up tomorrow, I expect they will be ravenous as DS just couldn't carry the amount of food he would eat if he were here - the fridge wouldn't fit in his rucksack :rotfl: DD and I have been invited to a friends for tea, so I will make pear and raspberry crumble to take as I have the pears to use up.

There's still loads of blackberries around, I will try and pick some for the freezer - I really should start doing some of this rather than talking about it,:)

Have a nice day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome Scottishminnie. My younger sister and brother in law are in Florida at the moment. They have a house there and spend about 6 months on and off, and she always tells me of the lovely stores they have and sometimes brings me something nice home.

VJs Mum I know what you mean about boys. My grandson is 16 and there is no way I can fill him up. I think he must have hollow legs because he is built like a beanpole and never puts weight on.

Well have just finished making greengage jam and mixed plum jam. I put these in the freezer the other week when my friend gave them to me, but really need the freezer space so thought it was time I did something with them. The kitchen smells lovely at the moment, and I hope they all set well.

Have granddaughter and her boyfriend coming for lunch tomorrow so that will be nice. He seems a very nice young man and she seems so happy,

Have a good weekend everyone, catch up with you next week.

Candlelight
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, having a lovely weekend as DD1 is home this weekend so lovely long walk with the Lurcha and sat by the river to watch the boats in and out on the ride, very relaxing. Had a trip out to a local garden centre this morning and got a nice warm knitted hat to wear this winter with a fleece band inside to give a double layer of warmth over your ears, I always get sore ears when the wind is cold and strong in the winter, should be much better with double protection.

VJsMUM DD1 who teaches also runs D of E for the school and is taking an expedition to Zambia with World Challenge next summer. She and the other adult leader were on a training camp last weekend with 26 kids who are going too, it never stops if they're outdoorsy types, they just go to 'bigger' places!

SM I suspect that Ezra will always be known in the family as Lentil, but with affection. I love Ezra as a name it will fit the grown up as well as it does the child, really looking forward to having a small person around again, and we'll get the magic back at christmas again which will be lovely.

Hope you are all having a nice weekend too and that you are having nice dry weather wherever you all are, Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,797 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Mrs Lurcher lady my DD1 has just come back from a WOrld Challenge to Thailand and Laos. WIsh I could've gone.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Lucielle did she go as a pupil or as a leader? DD has led two trips before one to the Himilayas and one to Tanzania where they summited on Mount Kilimanjaro, DD2 went along on that one as a medic and adult leader too. It's life changing stuff and has given DD1 a totally different perspective on how we live over here and a taste for mountains and wild places. I wish it had been an option when I was at school too!!! She has however reversed our roles and taken me up a couple of mountains in scandinavia and I now understand why she does it all, and I can't see a mountain on the TV without wondering what the view is from the top. Best for me was seeing the Midnight Sun from the summit of a mountain up over the arctic circle in northern Sweden, it really doesn't get any better than that!!! Cheers Lyn.

I hope your DD had an amazing time on her World Challenge trip, it's cracking good stuff isn't it? xxx.
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello everyone...hope you are all ok?

Well today is Iris's 5th birthday..5 years where has the time gone..not fair..
    She was up at the crack of dawn..very excited and poor fern got literally dragged out of bed too.
    Last night we spent time decorating the living room and dining room with pink balloons and pink tissue paper flowers..we put tissue paper over the doorway so she had to burst through it like a superstar..and all her pressies were lined up waiting for her...

Our house has been taken over by Tatty Teddy and his blue nose friends..plus lego .
    I would say she was spoilt rotten..but to be honest what we got her was on sale at argos so half the price..bless her..
    We had a pink tea party as well..lots of pink cakes and frosting..Fern spent the afternoon icing all the cakes and decorating them..she did a lovely job on them too...
    They are both shattered and went to bed early...so a busy but lovely day for her and Fern..
    I am tired too so am off to bed in a moment..
    hope your all fine
    love
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • flowertotmum
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello everyone...hope you are all ok?

Well today is Iris's 5th birthday..5 years where has the time gone..not fair..
    She was up at the crack of dawn..very excited and poor fern got literally dragged out of bed too.
    Last night we spent time decorating the living room and dining room with pink balloons and pink tissue paper flowers..we put tissue paper over the doorway so she had to burst through it like a superstar..and all her pressies were lined up waiting for her...

Our house has been taken over by Tatty Teddy and his blue nose friends..plus lego .
    I would say she was spoilt rotten..but to be honest what we got her was on sale at argos so half the price..bless her..
    We had a pink tea party as well..lots of pink cakes and frosting..Fern spent the afternoon icing all the cakes and decorating them..she did a lovely job on them too...
    They are both shattered and went to bed early...so a busy but lovely day for her and Fern..
    I am tired too so am off to bed in a moment..
    hope your all fine
    love
    ftm

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Happy Birthday IRIS, sorry it's a day late, hope Tatty Ted enjoyed your pink party too, Love Lyn xxx.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    A very happy belated birthday to Iris and the pink tea party sounds so good, it sounds as though 2 happy but tired little girls went off to bed early to have sweet dreams.

Went to the dentist this morning, first for a check up and then a scale and polish. I don't enjoy going to the dentist, but I am absolutely determined to hang on to my teeth for as long as possible!!.

Weather here has been glorious again, but I understand set to change tomorrow. I have so enjoyed this summer, and feel so much better when the sun is shining, and hope it will be a short winter.

So glad you had a lovely weekend Mrs LW with your daughter, I don't think they have any idea how much we miss them, but that is the way of things and the way it should be. We bring our children up to be independent individuals and caring people and hope they will carry that through their lives. If we have managed to do that we won't have failed them.

Himself has just gone to pick up 2 grandchildren from school because they are coming for their dinner today. They will be "starving" when they arrive so a choccy muffin and glass of orange juice is called for before dinner. I always try to do them a roast dinner, which they love, because my daughter, who works full time, doesn't do many "roasties".

Well everyone enjoy the rest of the week, I think the cooler temperatures are for most of the country so keep warm.

Candlelight
  • flowertotmum
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello all...thank you for the birthday wishes for Iris..
    Unfortunately they seem to have caught a bug..Fern has been throwing up all day..Iris has a headache and is hot..so Neurofen for both and laid on sofa all day..my poor little girlies...i don't feel that good myself but they come first.

I have had my LEA visit this morning..lovely lady..looked at Fern's work and how she has progressed from last year..was impressed with Iris reading..i got the thumb's up and was told " i am enthusiastic and doing great work"..am blushing now..so am going to keep it going.

Going to have day off tomorrow so girlies can recover and i can catch my breath..busy,busy,busy..that's me.
    Jack had his first encounter with our resident squirrel today...the squirrel has been raiding my hazelnut bushes..i am not bothered..he is welcome to them..Jack was going berserk at the squirrel sitting on the fence eating a nut..it seemed to be taunting him..lol..he will never catch him..
    I hope everyone is ready for the weather change..it was chilly here today..windy too...glad i got all my jobs done in the garden..
    right i am going to have a cuppa and early night i think..
    take care all
    ftm

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business