We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Help MBE grow his dinner 2012

Options

Comments

• furball
    furball Posts: 435 Forumite
    Options
    The pie looks lovely. Sorry i can't be of any help on the peppers. I need opinions, gardens nearly finished, will post a pic later. Should i paint the wall that goes around the back garden or would it look tacky. Can't decide. nearlythere.jpg
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. – Hilary Cooper
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • furball
    Options
    Still got the flower borders to dig and put broken flag path down by the compost bins. But nearly there. compostbins.jpg Just a pic to show where the chooks live, definately needs cheering up with some flowers. chookshouse.jpg
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. – Hilary Cooper
  • furball
    Options
    What do you use to cover compost bin. I think my waterproof rabbit hutch cover is the wrong thing. Don't seem to be getting enough moisture in. Is carpet ok. I have a big old rug that is make of nylon stuff but it is long pile. Could i use that or would creepy thing infest it.
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    On the down side, after imbibing [STRIKE]one or two[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]several[/STRIKE]
    Some of the peppers look a bit on the droopy side this morning. Am I going to lose them? :( Is there anything I can do for them now?
    They will probably be alright, they should pick up later today... about now :D
    Nothing you can do unfortunately.

I've got 2 ill kids and an ill wife in bed today, nothing can get done on the garden. :( I'm seriously starting to get behind already.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    furball wrote: »
    What do you use to cover compost bin. I think my waterproof rabbit hutch cover is the wrong thing. Don't seem to be getting enough moisture in. Is carpet ok. I have a big old rug that is make of nylon stuff but it is long pile. Could i use that or would creepy thing infest it.

Mine just have wooden lids made from pallets. Not watertight, but keep most of the rain out. If I notice the contents look particularly dry then I put the hose on it, but otherwise leave it pretty much alone.

And how many people have you got gardening there? Your progress is impressive, to say the least. :)
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    They will probably be alright, they should pick up later today... about now :D

As it happens, they are now looking fine and dandy. :dance:

Hope you are able to get something done soon.
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • djohn2002uk
    djohn2002uk Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    As it happens, they are now looking fine and dandy. :dance:
    Probably Welsh, just like the happy boyo in the red shirt in your pic.
  • furball
    Options
    Right oh i will keep a better eye on the compost i might have to use the hose as you do. Glad the peppers seem to have perked up. Lotus hope that it's just a 24 hr bug and they are better soon. Done the garden but still have to tidy up and put stuff away so will take a pic tomorrow, Sunday dinner to be scoffed then relaxing this evening with chocs and maybe a vodka and coke or 2. Still not sure about painting the wall. Might leave it rustic, it gives me more incentive to plant loads of flowers that will hide it. Then i can start on the front garden, veg here i come.
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you painted the wall white, it would reflect back more light onto your plants.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,196 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you painted the wall white, it would reflect back more light onto your plants.

But once you've painted it, then you have to keep on painting it. Grow plants to hide it :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport