We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Help MBE grow his dinner 2012

Options

Comments

• furball
    furball Posts: 435 Forumite
    Options
    annie123 wrote: »
    Remember it's going to be where ever you put it for a long time and it won't like you digging up anything either side of it too closely.
    When you've decided where it's going to live, dig a hole add some rotted manure or home made compost if possible, plant and water:D
    Then leave it alone for this year and next year you can have rhubarb crumble:D:D:D

When you've finished clearing your garden, feel free to pop down here and do mine ;)
    Shame you live so far away or i would gladly help, I've never been to London.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. – Hilary Cooper
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • annie123
    annie123 Posts: 4,256 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    furball wrote: »
    Shame you live so far away or i would gladly help, I've never been to London.

Thank you, I'll accept virtual help then:D and you're not missing much having never been here. I can't wait to leave, just giving DD the year to settle in having left home:j opps I mean :( just in case she has to move back.

Re the leaves and chickens, had a quick google and found this http://www.urban-chickens.com/index.php?/topic/2828-rhubarb-and-its-leaves/
    Won't hurt chickens but you get less eggs!
  • furball
    furball Posts: 435 Forumite
    Options
    Thankyoy annie very helpful link. Virtual help gladly given. Will plant it out of the way of chooks,if possible:D or just keep them off my raised wall bit as thats where my veg is going. Regarding DD they will find you wherever you move to;)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. – Hilary Cooper
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • smarttart
    smarttart Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 March 2012 at 4:56PM
    Options
    Managed to get my tomato seedlings potted on, I wanted to get my peas and broad beans seeds planted out but it's been raining most of the day and now it's too wet now to be digging about :(

Is it still too cold to leave my (very tiny) tomato plants in my unheated greenhouse overnight or do I need to bring them in ?

I'm in Worthing on the South Coast by the way.
  • Little_Vics
    Little_Vics Posts: 1,516 Forumite
    Options
    I'm holding out for a Welsh grand slam. I will grow leeks in celebration.

Right - how do you grow leeks then??
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    True to my word I've just moved the the peas, courgettes, toms, corn and half the cauli's into bigger pots in the hail! Very jealous of all these sheds and greenhouses :o
    The cauli's have been on a window ledge which gets sun first thing, shade in the arvo and is usually ~12C unless the sun is bright heating it up. So... should I chance planting some of them out tomorrow without giving them a few days outside?
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • djohn2002uk
    djohn2002uk Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    Ah well. He'll be drowning his sorrows now. Might as well have a few more drinks and plenty of pie and don't worry about any more rugby. It's all over now, this last game means nothing, just as well have a bit of a kick about I suppose now that they've turned up for nothing.
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Ah well. He'll be drowning his sorrows now. Might as well have a few more drinks and plenty of pie and don't worry about any more rugby. It's all over now, this last game means nothing, just as well have a bit of a kick about I suppose now that they've turned up for nothing.

No sorrows to drown mate! :p Consider how poor we were at the World Cup - we weren't given a hope this 6 Nations. If you'd have offered me 2nd place & a victory over the French in their back yard before the start of the competition, I'd have snatched your hand off.

And I don't believe you really think the last game meant nothing - another excellent and convincing win. :D

"That was extremely painful. You never like losing and you never like losing 30-9, especially on St Patrick's Day against England. All credit to England, they played well and deserved to win. I know we're better than that, but we were well beaten." ~ Declan Kidney

We did really well for a very inexperienced team - I'm delighted. Wales were the better side and deserved their win. We were the only team that pushed them close. ;)
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    Ha Ha Ha! Don't think your afternoon is going to be very "jolly".:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

England 30-9 Ireland. :j

England v Wales - about a draw I reckon:

DSCF3308.jpg

Rhubarb pie - a triumph:

DSCF3310.jpg

Seemed pretty jolly to me. :beer:
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    On the down side, after imbibing [STRIKE]one or two[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]several[/STRIKE] many alcoholic beverages, I left all my seedlings in the greenhouse last night. :doh:

Some of the peppers look a bit on the droopy side this morning. Am I going to lose them? :( Is there anything I can do for them now?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport