We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club 24

1…844845847849850…1444

Comments

  • jovichick123
    jovichick123 Posts: 942 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I sympathise MissMoney, I swear sometimes OH and DS are the 'Dynamic Duo of Destruction'...
  • emsbet
    emsbet Posts: 5,237 Forumite
    The nearest mothercare stores are quite a trek from ours, mishka especially the big one in Manchester. I might see if I can persuade DH it's worth the trip ;)

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who talks to bump when I'm alone :o I'm the same mrsmanda, I don't know many people round here and I'm planning to go to some mum and bump meetings when I get a bit bigger. Don't feel confident going just yet :o

    xx
    :A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
    Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove

    :kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:

    Patience is a virtue I lack! :p
  • Miss_Money
    Miss_Money Posts: 9,682 Forumite
    Jovi- its odd but i have nesting urges but cant act on them :rotfl: ah well!

    Dan found a sign for a big indoor car boot sale at chilwell olympia this sunday so thats where we are heading for some family entertainme witht he kids on sunday :D hopefully i will get a few baby bargains and the kids can spend their pennys on more carp lol
    Bad mother to 2!
    Bad Mother's Club member #4
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Miss_Money wrote: »
    Jovi- its odd but i have nesting urges but cant act on them :rotfl: ah well!

    Dan found a sign for a big indoor car boot sale at chilwell olympia this sunday so thats where we are heading for some family entertainme witht he kids on sunday :D hopefully i will get a few baby bargains and the kids can spend their pennys on more carp lol

    You must be very near me then!
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • Miss_Money
    Miss_Money Posts: 9,682 Forumite
    oooo :) I'm just outside Longeaton in the place that sounds like beeston ;)
    Bad mother to 2!
    Bad Mother's Club member #4
  • rakkibeth
    rakkibeth Posts: 67 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Wow... that was a big catch up... about 30 pages!

    I hope that everyone is well and having a good Wednesday.

    Hello to those that have recently joined, congratulations to those of you who have had your little bundles and hugs to those of you who don't feel well xx

    I have a fab list here of fantastic tips for hospital bag, baby clothes, dinner ideas and things to do (dig out the sandwich toaster included on that one!!). I love this forum, plus it helps keep my friends and family sane when I don't talk about Bump the whole time when I see them :)

    Nothing new to report here apart from that DH is away for 2 weeks on a work trip... he left yesterday morning and I was not looking forward to going home to an empty house and cooking for just myself an Bump... then my sister called and invited me over for a fab dinner last night. And I still got to bed at a reasonable time :)

    Does anyone find that going to bed earlier than normal means waking up more in the night, or waking up earlier in the morning? I usually need 8h sleep a night (pre-Bump), but have been feeling more and more tired recently (although of course that could be that Bump is now almost 31 weeks and very lively!). But whenever I try and have an early night, I tend to wake up more, then i'm wide awake at 6am!

    What time do most of you go to bed now?

    Much love and happy thoughts to everyone xxxx
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Miss_Money wrote: »
    oooo :) I'm just outside Longeaton in the place that sounds like beeston ;)

    You are pretty near me - I'm in Stapleford!
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Went to Tesco yesterday - they were reducing a fair bit of baby clothes - got a little fleecy jacket (in early baby which isn't usually reduced - woo hoo) for a quid, a fleecy pinafore dress for a couple of quid, they had snowsuits in (but not in our size - we need one with the flipping weather we've been having!), and things like packs of sleepsuits (but in gender-specific colours) for £3 from £7.

    Looked like a lot more was coming off the rails to get reduced stickers on as well - I don't know what they had for boys but I stocked up on girls 3-6 months (we're pretty sorted up till that point) - little T-shirts and things as well... not amazing and tonnes of reductions but worth a detour down that aisle if you're in-store anyway.
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • Miss_Money
    Miss_Money Posts: 9,682 Forumite
    rakkibeth- im the opposite I'm finding i can cope on less and less sleep.. ie i have to get up loads in the night for wee's, taking dd to the loo, hot sweats, weird dreams etc, and yet i'm fine getting up in the morning. HOWEVER I'm aware im doing nothing during the day :rotfl: im sure if i was busier during the day then I would be knackered. I do have to go to bed at 10 though and i get up at 7... thinking about it the whole thing ive just written is a load of carp! cos at the weekend I can go to bed at 9pm (really tired) and then get up at 10am.. :eek: and STILL be tired.. so really im a batty preggers lady who hasnt a clue whats she's rambling on about and is forcing you all to read her mad ramblings! mwhahahah! :rotfl:
    Bad mother to 2!
    Bad Mother's Club member #4
  • Miss_Money
    Miss_Money Posts: 9,682 Forumite
    Dizzi- you really are just down the road then :) which tescos was that in? longeaton or toton? :) I'm not sure why i want more clothes i have tonns lol, i think its the shopping bug :p
    Bad mother to 2!
    Bad Mother's Club member #4
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.