We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club 24

1…842843845847848…1444

Comments

  • emsbet
    emsbet Posts: 5,237 Forumite
    :wave: welcome Cheetara, I've added you to the list above. Love the username BTW :)

    xx
    :A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
    Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove

    :kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:

    Patience is a virtue I lack! :p
  • sexymouse
    sexymouse Posts: 6,134
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi Cheetara. Welcome to the thread. Congratulations on your pregnancy - it's so nice that your DD is old enough to remember her sibling being born etc - there's only 2 years between my sister and I, so I don't remember it much at all. The girl I babysit for is 12, and she's fascinated by my pregnancy. Not long to go now for you either as we're already in May. :)
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Angel Baby Poppy born 8/11/15, Rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
  • Cheetara
    Cheetara Posts: 22 Forumite
    Wow that was fast! Thank you!

    Funny how it seems a bit more real seeing my name on the countdown list...

    Right, I have to try and distract myself so that I don't eat the last blueberry muffin until at least 11 o'clock so that I can class it as elvenses and not just being greedy! :)

    Hope you all have a lovely morning.
    xx
  • Cheetara
    Cheetara Posts: 22 Forumite
    Thanks SM :)

    A friend has given me some baby clothes and toys that I had passed on to her when she had her 2 so we've got some of DD's things from when she was a baby, she's loved seeing those and it will be lovely to use them for her sister. Couldn't believe what great condition it was all in after so long.

    Not long to go now, although a week or 2 early would be great....
  • Morning all!
    Massive congrats Charli on the birth of Harry. Hope you're both doing well. Looking forward to hearing more when you've time :D
    Welcome Cheetara and congrats on team pink. Blueberry muffin - surely counts as one for your five a day?
    Enjoy your swin Triangle has anyone any tips of where to get a nice swimming costume? Something thats quite modest though lol.
    Glad you got the story straight Miss Money one less thing to stress about.
    We also got given a cot, a brown wooden just standard looking cot. I was thinking to paint it white as I think white looks nice. Was looking at cotbeds and quite like the idea of them so we may go and buy one - money depending I guess.
    My sister is on route, she's bringing bacon so is going to cook brekkie. Still feeling sicky, probably an after effect of yesterday's scoffing session ;) as she hasn't got a key to my house I've got mine upstairs to throw out the window so I don't have to jump outta bed. Now that's good forward planning hehe.

    Hope you all have a good day, labour vibes to the boldies xxx
    :j Baby boy arrived 22nd August 2012 :j
    :jSecond menace arrived safely 13th February 2014
    :j
    Debt Free Wannabee 2015
  • emsbet
    emsbet Posts: 5,237 Forumite
    Lol at chucking the key out of the bedroom LMM :D I've been looking for a swimming costume. Mothercare has some nice tankinis but the are quite expensive. Going to look into the local aquanatel class when I've found one I like at a reasonable price.

    xx
    :A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
    Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove

    :kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:

    Patience is a virtue I lack! :p
  • Amymo
    Amymo Posts: 514 Forumite
    Morning ladies, bumps and babies! Where is our lovely spring weather? I really hope this rain clears off, I have a lot of washing backing up to get done!

    Letter arrived from the health visitor today, she wants to visit tomorrow to talk about her role, visits etc, this fills me with slightly more hope at being better looked after as I feel a bit miffed at the number of midwives we've had and the lack of consistency, plus it'll be nice to have a visitor, I'm talking to you guys, myself and the dog (and DH when he's home from work) and would like to see another real person!
  • emsbet
    emsbet Posts: 5,237 Forumite
    The weather's quite nice up here today. I know what you mean about not having anyone to talk to, it gets boring doesn't it?! I don't have any pets to talk to so I talk to the baby. I think if I'm quiet all day the baby might get bored or might not recognise my voice as much so I say hello to him when he starts wriggling around :o I know it's daft and maybe I'm going slightly loopy being alone all day ;)

    xx
    :A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
    Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove

    :kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:

    Patience is a virtue I lack! :p
  • betty101
    betty101 Posts: 32
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi ladies I've came over from 12-24 week thread, I'm 25 weeks pregnant and due 16th August. We didn't find out what we're having as it's our first we'd like a surprise. Feels great to finally be here! I can see the end in sight :-)
  • emsbet
    emsbet Posts: 5,237 Forumite
    edited 2 May 2012 at 10:00AM
    Welcome Betty :wave: I've edited the list above to include you :)

    I've found this gorgeous dress for my mum's wedding but it's £65 and I'm not sure I can justify buying it :( I will only really get 2 wears out of it (another wedding 6 weeks after EDD) as I wouldn't want to wear it before the wedding and it's 4 days before my EDD. Maybe I should keep looking...

    xx

    ETA just realised they don't have it in stock in my size anyway so that's the decision made for me.
    :A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
    Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove

    :kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:

    Patience is a virtue I lack! :p
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.