We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club 24

1…843844846848849…1444

Comments

  • emsbet
    emsbet Posts: 5,237 Forumite
    LMM this swimsuit is nice and cheap too.

    xx
    :A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
    Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove

    :kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:

    Patience is a virtue I lack! :p
  • jovichick123
    jovichick123 Posts: 942 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Morning ladies n bumps :)

    Charli Massive congrats on the birth of Harry, such a good weight too :) Enjoy your mummy cuddles :D

    Ginvzt Your family piccie sounds lovely, so glad the twins are doing so well, it sounds like they are really battling to get home to you as soon as possible :D

    Welcome Cheetera :)Congrats on team pink :)

    (((hugs))) Mishka Sorry to hear about your furbaby, we lost our eldest, Yoda, last year and I still don't think I am over it properly yet :( Hope your scan goes well, are you finding out the flavour?

    Glad you finally got to the bottom of the story Miss Money, sounds like it could have been better handled by the school but at least it's done with now :)

    Umm, am sure there were more messages I was going to reply to but my baby brain is refusing to work this morning so apologies to anyone I have forgotten :p

    34 weeks today :j officially 5 weeks to go :j:j Had a bit of a panic last night as was having mild period type cramps but they seemed to go away when I settled on the sofa watching a film with OH so all ok now. We watched a spoof called Stan Helsing - honestly the biggest waste of an hour and a half of my time EVER :rotfl:I think we laughed about twice throughout the whole thing :o Anyways, I am babbling, am off to put some washing on and then have an urge to clean the cupboards out in the kitchen, will be back as and when I get bored :)

    Jovi x
  • jovichick123
    jovichick123 Posts: 942 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    emsbet wrote: »
    The weather's quite nice up here today. I know what you mean about not having anyone to talk to, it gets boring doesn't it?! I don't have any pets to talk to so I talk to the baby. I think if I'm quiet all day the baby might get bored or might not recognise my voice as much so I say hello to him when he starts wriggling around :o I know it's daft and maybe I'm going slightly loopy being alone all day ;)

    xx

    Funny you should say that, I spend most days either talking to the cats or singing (badly) along to the radio, bump goes mental when OH comes home and I reckon it must be the sound of his voice that sets him off.... either that or bump is just happy I have finally stopped singing for a bit :rotfl:
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Morning ladies :)
    I've just told my resource leader about the pregnancy, he's my line manager's boss. He's really formal/proper normally so it was really weird to see him with a huge grin on his face! Lasted for all of 20s and then he was back into formal work mode though! :rotfl:

    At work again today, 2 days in a row feels like an achievement at the moment. Have already had 2 retching attacks though, so I'm glad I'm leaving at 2 to go to a consultants appointment about my thyroid condition. DH is working at home today so he'll be able to come with me. It's only because one of our cars is in the garage with a major malfunction though, going to cost £1270 to repair! :eek::( not what we needed in the same week the other one cost £600 at it's MOT. Stupid cars!
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • jovichick123
    jovichick123 Posts: 942 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Welcome Betty101 :)
  • Miss_Money
    Miss_Money Posts: 9,682 Forumite
    Hi cheetara and betty :) welcome to the thread :)
    emsbet you arent mad talking to the baby :) i do it all the time too :) I like the dress but its a shame about the lack of wear you'd get out of it. I have a couple of non mat maxi dresses that fit me fine whilst pregnant and will fit lovely when im not too,, is a non mat maxi dress a possibility? xxx
    Bad mother to 2!
    Bad Mother's Club member #4
  • emsbet
    emsbet Posts: 5,237 Forumite
    I'm scouting around for one, maternity or non-maternity. That one was so pretty though :o I still have plenty of time to find something so I'll just keep looking.

    xx
    :A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
    Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove

    :kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:

    Patience is a virtue I lack! :p
  • mishkanorman
    mishkanorman Posts: 4,155 Forumite
    emsbet, I picked up a lovely tankini set from Mothercare in the sale that was only £7.50 down from £25 - have you got a store near you you can look around ? I LOVE that dress, but would look daft on me as im nearly as wide as I am tall (well it feels that way some days :p) could you not treat yourself and eBay it afterwards ?

    Thanks for the kind wishes about my cat, didnt think I would be missing her this much as she wasnt one of our favourites - which sounds bloody horrible but we have 2 boy cats, one is 'mine' the other my husbands - they also have a child each who they favour and spend all their time with - Mishka & our other girl cat sort of flit between the 4 of us as they see fit !

    2 more sleeps till our scan, Jovichick we were told at 15 weeks its a boy - will get that double checked though friday as everyone keeps reminding us they get it wrong sometimes.

    sexymouse, that cot was on my wish list, sadly my hubby is from the 'make-do' camp so we are re-using our old one, on the pushchair front I would highly recommend having a play, firstly because its fun :rotfl: and mainly as everytime Ive picked one out online and then seen it in person Ive changed my mind.

    weather is pants here today so its an afternoon under the duvet for us, I have a choice of films - The secret of Moonacre or Bridesmaids, not sure which yet,

    Hope you all have a lovely day :j
    Bow Ties ARE cool :cool:

    "Just because you are offended, doesnt mean you are right" Ricky Gervais :D
  • MrsManda
    MrsManda Posts: 4,457 Forumite
    Good morning all :) Hope everyone got some sleep.
    Congratulations Charli :)
    Welcome Cheetara and Betty :)

    Emsbet and Amymo I share your sentiment about seeing real people. We don't really know anyone in our local area and most of our family/friends live too far away to just pop in for an hour or two.
    My OH is usually out at work 7-7 so I generally just talk to the cats and the bump. Talking to the bump is meant to help baby get used to your voice and thus be reassured when you talk to them once they've escaped. It's also meant to help you bond. Apart from saying good morning and telling him off on occasion for beating me up I find it difficult to talk to him without feeling silly so I bought a book of nursery rhymes to read out loud. The cats think I'm mad but my sing-song nursery voice seems to get a reaction from baby.

    I also try to get to my local children's centre's bump to 1year group so I have at least 3 hours a week of talking to people face to face other than my OH. Admittedly we mostly talk about baby stuff but it's still good to get out of the house.

    Emsbet the dress is very pretty :) Though I understand about not wanting the cost. I've got two wedding receptions to go to next week and I've not got a clue what to wear. I have a dress which may stretch over my bump but think is may be too short. Going to have to have a look this weekend to see what I can find.

    Bought a wheeled box for under our bed and a few storage boxes for our cupboards last night from Tesco so now have somewhere to put clothes, bedding and changing stuff for baby :) Once I've washed everything and put it away we'll be mostly sorted and my hospital bag will be completely packed :) Also bought a small tool box which should be perfect to store nappy changing things - the plan is to have changing stuff upstairs and downstairs to make life a bit easier.

    I'm actually beginning to think that we're ready - though I'm wondering whether I'll ever get a nesting instinct to clean the house because at the moment I don't have the energy.
  • Miss_Money
    Miss_Money Posts: 9,682 Forumite
    ARRRG why why why when I tried sooo hard yesterday to tiday up and the kitchen and livingroom were spotless, has the mess goblin (dan and the kids) decided to wreck everything in the evening and overnight?1 :eek: I fail to see why I can cook and wash up as i go, AND NOT use every plate and saucepan in the house, and yet he has to use the entire contents of the kitchen!! and how can 2 little girls make sooooo much mess when all they seemed to do last night is watch the disney channel carp they call entertianment?!
    I have zero motivation to clean any of it up today! and to behonest im not sure how much i could do any way in pain today quite badly :( bah!

    I feel like eating badly today too IE lots of cake!!
    Bad mother to 2!
    Bad Mother's Club member #4
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.