We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club 24

1…836837839841842…1444

Comments

  • alizee
    alizee Posts: 310 Forumite
    Hello everyone :) 2 days till due date! :o:o
    Went to the cinema today to see Avengers with dh and really enjoyed it! Waddling around town - not so much as I seem to be having bad round ligament pain and the side of my bump gets really painful when I walk!
    I've got swimming planned for 40+1 and a birthday party BBQ at 40+3. Now I hope I won't get that far but having something to look forward to helps keep my mind off things :)
    Have downloaded about 5 new books onto my kindle so that should keep me busy for a while :)
    Completely off topic but I wish MSE forums had a mobile version!!
  • bellola
    bellola Posts: 840 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone, thanks for the movements reassurance. Have still been feeling movements today so think I'm just being a worrier! I forget how small baby is and how far I am. I will try not to worry until I'm further along!

    In the process of baking chocolate cupcakes now - can't wait as I have been craving cake all day!

    Hope everyone's well.
  • choclover
    choclover Posts: 522 Forumite
    bellola wrote: »
    Hey everyone, thanks for the movements reassurance. Have still been feeling movements today so think I'm just being a worrier! I forget how small baby is and how far I am. I will try not to worry until I'm further along!

    In the process of baking chocolate cupcakes now - can't wait as I have been craving cake all day!

    Hope everyone's well.

    hmmmm.... chocolate cupcakes.....:D
    £2013 in 2013 £866.71/£2013
    DF by Xmas 2013 #027£841.28/£6000 (14.02%) 12/2
    DFD February 2015 £2,303.63/£19,520.26 (11.80%)
  • happydays77_2
    happydays77_2 Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Ladies I really cant keep up. I am trying bur my free time is very limited these days with little Tristan.
    Hope you are all well and hope to hear of baby news soon.
    And did someone mention toasties and chocolate. Yum yum
    X
    DS1 born June 2000
    Baby Boy due 17th April 2012
  • jediquigley
    jediquigley Posts: 601 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    emsbet wrote: »
    If anyone's like me and has been going through lots of panty liners you might like to know that Tesco have a brand called Halo on sale, half price 50p for 20. Also they give 15p from each sale to charity.

    xx

    i have been using these and they are good quality - some cheap alternatives havent kept me dry
    :jMarried 16/07/2010, ds1 born 11/08/12, baby due 08/05/2015
  • Miss_Money
    Miss_Money Posts: 9,682 Forumite
    hmmm turns out Millie had (according to her) written the i hate so and so on a scrap bit of paper doodling like they do..BUT this was paper out of her bag and she said she wrote it last week when the other child was mean to her (told her this is not acceptable OR a nice thing to do) and then did her spelling test on it last friday, which she then handed in.. other child didn't see it...she got pulled up when the teacher saw it and asked her why she had written it. dd didnt deny she wrote it but did deny she wrote it that day and said she had written it last week. Dan told me she was hauled up in front of the head mistress over it :eek: she was being called a liar and stuck to her story in floods of tears in front of the head teacher ( I wasn't informed by the school of this) anyway... cue more crying tonight ive told her its ok to not like people but DONT WRITE IT DOWN!!! the bleeding card she wrote wasnt even intended for the child written about as she had no idea.. tbh i'm not sure what the school were trying to achieve there. matbe if they had delt with the playground incident last week all would have been ok?
    anyway i think i may have a word with the head teacher tomorrow on the phone. arg!
    Bad mother to 2!
    Bad Mother's Club member #4
  • emsbet
    emsbet Posts: 5,237 Forumite
    Evening ladies :wave:

    DH and I have just got back from babies r us where we bought a pram and car seat!!! I didn't really want to buy it yet but it was on offer (got both for £285 as the car seat came free then we had some voucher for joining the baby club) and it ends on Sunday and it seemed silly to miss it.
    The car seat is in the conservatory and the pram in the garage (yes I know superstitious nonsense but still :o) until possibly it goes back to in laws at the weekend.

    I do feel a bit nervous that we've bought something so huge but it seemed daft not to and spend and extra £140 at a later date.

    I'll read back over what I've missed this afternoon after I've had tea - shepherds pie yum yum :)

    xx
    :A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
    Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove

    :kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:

    Patience is a virtue I lack! :p
  • jediquigley
    jediquigley Posts: 601 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    seriously busy thread, have just scanned through 10 pages:o

    welcome to all the new peeps & to those ladies expecting labour anyday i pray it comes for you. i will be going insane if i go past 40 weeks lol

    ikkle - i know this was pages back, but on reading about your stepdad first thing that came to mind was is he jealous?! its not very nice for him to dictate how your mum should react to your pregnany. everyone is an adult and they have the right to do what they want.

    i have my MIL who is over the moon about the pregnancy as it is her first grandchild, she had draws of stuff for us and its really nice to know she is so exited.

    my mum on the other hand has seemed less excited, unfortunately a lot of people rely on my mums support and i seem to be last on the list again although i know she loves me.

    i am getting more excited about baby coming, was more anxious a few weeks ago i think because my sister is really struggling with her two children at the moment and it worried me i wont be able to cope but she is in a different situation to me with an unsupportive husband.

    i have ordered a pair of mothercare jeans down from £45 to £30, i just hope they fit, otherwise i give up!

    OH cooked me spag bol tonight so should fill me up for a couple of hours.

    reading this thread always makes me think of chocolate, because it is often mentioned hehe

    sleep well pregnant ladies:)

    Laura
    :jMarried 16/07/2010, ds1 born 11/08/12, baby due 08/05/2015
  • happydays77_2
    happydays77_2 Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Omg Emsbet. I had shepherds pie too. Spooky!!
    Good for you starting to buy things. I understand why you didn't want too but it definitely makes sense to take advantage of the offers.
    What kind did you get?
    X
    DS1 born June 2000
    Baby Boy due 17th April 2012
  • lisa26_2
    lisa26_2 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    I was very selfish on that front - if I'd carried on trying to get her to latch (with no support whatsoever it was never going to work out) - they'd have kept me in that hellhole hospital at least a week, probably a fortnight longer... and we needed to get home and out of that place - which is why I switched to the bottles.

    I feel dreadful I put my own sanity above what was best for her - but we BOTH needed to get home by that point, I was just becoming a shambolic wreck in that ward, they'd destroyed any confidence I had in what I was doing as a mother - and apparently most women switch to bottle feeding just so they can prove what the baby's eating and get the hell outta there.

    Haven't even tried re-latching her in a few days - just seems no point as she gets frustrated, I get upset and frustrated and then it ends up with me in a sobbing heap on the sofa... it's like the last part of how I planned everything to crumble completely - the birth went to hell, her early weeks went to hell and the feeding is almost at hell.

    Dizzi, it sounds to me like the feeding is the one thing that ISN'T hell for you bless you. You've taken control and done what is best for you and baby. If trying to get her to latch, especially with so little support, was getting you even more stressed than you already were then I'm sure going for bottles was def the best thing for you both. To be honest, having read everything you've been through I think you're doing amazingly well to keep up with the expressing, most people would have switched to formula in your position I'm sure as I know from experience just how time consuming and frustrating the constant expressing is.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.