We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Pregnancy Club 24
Comments
-
Ooh Emsbet - what did you get?
I had shepheds pie too! Yummy!0 -
happydays77 wrote: »Omg Emsbet. I had shepherds pie too. Spooky!!
Good for you starting to buy things. I understand why you didn't want too but it definitely makes sense to take advantage of the offers.
What kind did you get?
X
Have you been at my house stealing food again?
We got the Silver Cross 3D. I had a look at the linear as well (no car seat free with that one) but the 3D was a bit smaller which I thought would be better for me if I need to get the bus or train. We got it in red.
xx:A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove
:kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:
Patience is a virtue I lack!
0 -
OMG! Is it national shepherds pie day?!

xx:A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove
:kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:
Patience is a virtue I lack!
0 -
Well i wanted to keep your house company while you !!!!!!ed off to babies r us!!!
XDS1 born June 2000
Baby Boy due 17th April 20120 -
Shepherds Pie is good hearty food when the weather's crappy and you're feeling miserable!
We looked at the 3D but decided against it as our car's are both small so we would struggle to fit it in. I love the look of the 3D.0 -
happydays77 wrote: »Well i wanted to keep your house company while you !!!!!!ed off to babies r us!!!
X
Thanks, that was very kind of you
Shepherds Pie is good hearty food when the weather's crappy and you're feeling miserable!
We looked at the 3D but decided against it as our car's are both small so we would struggle to fit it in. I love the look of the 3D.
We're lucky our car has a big boot (citreon xsara Picasso) so size wasn't really an issue. It is pretty and I thought I wouldn't like the handle been two rather than the one bar but actually I love it
xx:A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove
:kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:
Patience is a virtue I lack!
0 -
Awww yay for pram buying Emsbet, it's so exciting xThe frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.0
-
Evening all!
Wow loads has happened since this morning, see what I can remember now.
Big welcome Kitten I remember you well from the before 12 weeks thread, seems like ages ago now though. Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting about.
Turtle moose Incase I didn't welcome last you posted, welcome!!
Miss Money sounds very OTT to me, what happened to the old fashioned I'm sorry?
Jovi if the measuring isn't accurate then seems daft. Surely it's got to have some guidance/interpretation rather than panicking mums out and then going for scans?
Seems like baking day today with the flapjacks and chocolate cakes
My friend came this morning for tea and bought loads of cakes! Enough for a whole tea party so we were piggies. Then it turns out I did have the obstetrician this afternoon, so off I went......
Well first time I met the actual consultant himself and he was very charming and then he ruined my day
actually he seemed quite knowledgable about how my other things would affect labour etc. to cut the long story short the risk of me bleeding out to far too high for me to have a home birth. The local hospital doesn't even have an A&E anymore or a maternity unit so it's a way to rush to hospital in an emergency. He said I was far too high risk even for the birth unit and I have to go to the proper hospital. So being ever hopeful I asked can I pop the baby out then come home? Nope he wants me there minimum of 24 hours. So all of a sudden my birth plan has changed dramatically. Don't get me wrong the safety of baby and me is paramount and I know that now its been explained to me there is some actual danger, where as before it was all very vague. But I'm really disappointed and it's like no one understands it. I think mum was trying to understand it a bit. And my sister was like treating me like I was daft and said "you didn't really believe you'd actually have a home birth did you?" well yes I did. She thinking cos my walking is dodgy that was gonna be a reason for going to hospital. Like I pointed out I'm not a giraffe we don't give birth whilst standing. Anyway then she attempted to be positive and she annoyed me. Then she's asking will I ring her when I'm in labour so she can come visit me in the hospital. Er..... Haven't thought about it wasn't planning to be there! OH knows I'm upset, but I can't help thinking he doesn't understand. The consultant was like you do have a lot of questions so i pointed out I'm at home all day now so I have time to think of daft questions and to plan the whole home birth thing. Bet he can't wait until next time. But he was lovely, I told him he'd ruined my day and he just grinned at me. sorry for the long rambling post....off to eat more caramel krispie cakes to console myself a bit xx
It took nearly an hour to write my post I between phone calls. And more posts already.
Emsbet next time you leave your house look out for that robin hehe congrats on getting the pram. Ours is at FILs house, know its daft as everything else is here in our house but still. was it one of the ones you posted on here the other day?
Great to see you here Happy
:j Baby boy arrived 22nd August 2012 :j
:jSecond menace arrived safely 13th February 2014 :jDebt Free Wannabee 20150 -
happydays77 wrote: »Ladies I really cant keep up. I am trying bur my free time is very limited these days with little Tristan.
Hope you are all well and hope to hear of baby news soon.
And did someone mention toasties and chocolate. Yum yum
X
Ditto! I knew I'd be busy but not as much as this! Trying to keep up with you all x
Btw is thus meetup still happening? Can soneonr let me knoe plz, Facebook or pm! Ta xx
Ps good luck and labour vibes to those whi need them and welcome newbies xSealed Pot Challenge Member #881
0 -
((hugs)) LMM
xx:A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove
:kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:
Patience is a virtue I lack!
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards