We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Pregnancy Club 24
Comments
-
I think you are right! They think baby is about 4lbs 1oz from the measurements which they have said is in 8th centile but I dont consider it to be too bad as it has another 6 weeks to go. I'm thinking baby will be around the 7lb mark when born. Have any of your sonographers slipped up on the sex? We had a different one to two weeks ago and they have both referred to baby as one, then quickly said or..... if it was a slip up then Daddy will be very pleased!

Is your baby still breech Lisa? It seems every time I see the midwife baby is head down then a week later I have a scan and baby is breech. Maybe the midwife is confusing babys head and bottom?
Our baby was estimated at 3lbs 6ozs at 32+4 so probably similar to you. One sonographer did say a particular sex once but it was before she scanned me and I'm not sure how much of my hospital notes she had read (sex is in there on the CVS results) so not sure if she knew or not at that point. At my scan last week he had to turn the screen away quickly so we didn't see that area!
Consultant had a feel of the bump yesterday and though baby was probably back to head down but wasn't 100% sure as its still quite difficult to feel with it being small. I'm not sure I trust my midwife to get it right either, I hope they check at the hospital once I'm in labour! If she's not 100% certain when she checks nearer the time I think i'll have to push for a scan to make sure as I don't want to take any risks! Much as I'd rather not have a cesarean, I'd rather that than have problems trying to deliver a breech baby naturally!0 -
Our baby was estimated at 3lbs 6ozs at 32+4 so probably similar to you. One sonographer did say a particular sex once but it was before she scanned me and I'm not sure how much of my hospital notes she had read (sex is in there on the CVS results) so not sure if she knew or not at that point. At my scan last week he had to turn the screen away quickly so we didn't see that area!
Consultant had a feel of the bump yesterday and though baby was probably back to head down but wasn't 100% sure as its still quite difficult to feel with it being small. I'm not sure I trust my midwife to get it right either, I hope they check at the hospital once I'm in labour! If she's not 100% certain when she checks nearer the time I think i'll have to push for a scan to make sure as I don't want to take any risks! Much as I'd rather not have a cesarean, I'd rather that than have problems trying to deliver a breech baby naturally!
When i had a presentation scan last weekend to see if baby still breech, the nurse who did it said he had managed to turn - it was only done on a portable scan and OH said the didn't go into that region. I am convinced it is a boy anyway as i am carrying like i did with DS, but after that I am even more convinced now.
Oh and Lisa, my mw automatically sent me for a scan as she wasn't sure, but said they wouldn't do it til 36 weeks, so they will prob do it as a routine thing.0 -
Hey everyone. Haven't had time to read back, I feel like I've been asleep since I was let out of hospital on Friday. Midwife check on bp again this afternoon, I have no idea which way it's going to go as since waking up this morning bp has been between 147/118 and 123/88, so quite a range.Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81Met NIM 23/06/2008
Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off0 -
Hi everyone,
Hope you are all ok.
Yay for Emsbet and showing - best feeling in the world isn't it!
But as for the easter eggs - you are all just big old meanies, goes away sulking that I can't tuck into any!!!!!!!!!
I have instructed DH that even though Easter Sunday is his birthday, there had better be a huge pile of chocolate for me, or he won't be getting any b'day treats at all (should have had baby by then).
Having my hair done tomorrow - can't wait.
I think my little lady is having a rave - feels like she hasn't stopped for the past 3 days! x x xMarried the Man of my dreams 30/08/2008Baby No.1 arrived 04/04/2012, gorgeous little girl after 4 years of fertility issues!!:j:T0 -
Just looked through my notes to see if i can find anything about sex lisa but nothing, is it in everyones??0
-
flutterby_lil wrote: »Just looked through my notes to see if i can find anything about sex lisa but nothing, is it in everyones??
From conversations I have had with Lisa, I think she meant it is in the hospitals version of her notes as when you have the CVS testing it is part of that test, so gets recorded but Lisa didn't want to know? So scanner could have seen that in her notes before doing the scan and then maybe let it slip!Married the Man of my dreams 30/08/2008Baby No.1 arrived 04/04/2012, gorgeous little girl after 4 years of fertility issues!!:j:T0 -
As Snoopy said, the sex is only in my hospital notes (not in my copy) as I had a CVS test done due to high Down's Syndrome risk. They are looking at chromosomes so they also find out the sex. We didn't want to know though so I have to tell everyone we see at the hospital that despite it being in my notes we don't know and don't want to to try and avoid finding out by the slipping up and blurting it out lol!0
-
Hi Snoopy - do you have a date for your baby yet? I'm glad you are ok and are looking forward to Easter.
Well I'm in agony today. Every time I stand up this pain in my foof is absolutely breathtaking. It took me 5 mins to walk from the kitchen to the lounge and I'm afraid I don't live in a stately home...it's about 15 metres!!! I've been yelping like a seal. God knows what my neighbour thinks!!!!
Glad you have been taking it easy Dinah and I hope your blood pressure stays ok later on when you see your midwife.DS1 born June 2000
Baby Boy due 17th April 20120 -
As Snoopy said, the sex is only in my hospital notes (not in my copy) as I had a CVS test done due to high Down's Syndrome risk. They are looking at chromosomes so they also find out the sex. We didn't want to know though so I have to tell everyone we see at the hospital that despite it being in my notes we don't know and don't want to to try and avoid finding out by the slipping up and blurting it out lol!
Your light was red - so didn't think you were online lol.
I feel like a proper druggie now - just had council deliver a sharps bin, for all my needles to go in, I am sure he gave me a funny look - trying to suss me out. Supposed to leave it on my doorstep each tuesday to get collected, but that feels a little odd!!!Married the Man of my dreams 30/08/2008Baby No.1 arrived 04/04/2012, gorgeous little girl after 4 years of fertility issues!!:j:T0 -
happydays77 wrote: »Hi Snoopy - do you have a date for your baby yet? I'm glad you are ok and are looking forward to Easter.
Well I'm in agony today. Every time I stand up this pain in my foof is absolutely breathtaking. It took me 5 mins to walk from the kitchen to the lounge and I'm afraid I don't live in a stately home...it's about 15 metres!!! I've been yelping like a seal. God knows what my neighbour think
Glad you have been taking it easy Dinah and I hope your blood pressure stays ok later on when you see your midwife.
All I really know is that it will be sometime in next 4 weeks, have 36 week scan two weeks as of yesterday, so should get a final answer then, it is so so hard not knowing. I know it would have been the same if it was all natural, but it just feels odd now.
My "foof" too feels like it has had a good kicking and walking anywhere is a chore - the worst bit is getting up 4 or 5 times a night for a dribble wee, seems to hurt most then. lol xMarried the Man of my dreams 30/08/2008Baby No.1 arrived 04/04/2012, gorgeous little girl after 4 years of fertility issues!!:j:T0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards