We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Pregnancy Club 24
Comments
-
Aww Sammie i miss my baby dancing away inside whilst i was laid in bed

Altho having him to snuggle and smell is much better
(unless that smell is poop!) x Mummy to 3 beautiful GIRLS, 9, 7 and 3,
and a handsome lil BOY 03.03.12 :T0 -
I think my little munchkin is going mad aswell tonight. I think he's trying to break out cos my lala won't stop twitching. Think he's headbutting me hoping for freedom.DS1 born June 2000
Baby Boy due 17th April 20120 -
Thanks everyone. I do think he's the cutest thing, but i am biased...
On the topic of chocolate, i had a Peanut Butter Twix (peanut butter instead of caramel and chocolate cookie instead of the biscuit) yesterday. Was lurvellyyy.
Icey and Ravenlady. Hope things start for you both soon!!
Hope all you other ladies and bumps are healthy and happy too
x 0 -
I hate scary dreams

xx:A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove
:kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:
Patience is a virtue I lack!
0 -
I hate scary dreams

xx
Oh dear Emsbet, they are horrible aren't they.
I had one last night about trying to smuggle a boyfriend out of my parents house in the middle of the night. It wasn't scary just annoying cos this guy was an utter plonker. Don't know why the hell I was dreaming of him.
Did you manage to get back to sleep?
XDS1 born June 2000
Baby Boy due 17th April 20120 -
Hugs emsbet, hard enough to sleep as it is without bad dream. XIs now Mrs H after marrying my amazing husband :j
Expecting our first bump to hatch 29th may 2012 :j0 -
Really pleased everything is well with you and baby Lovecrafting xx
Feel shattered this morning, will be 34 weeks tomorrow and dont start maternity leave till 38 + 2. Really struggling with getting up at 6 every morning
The big boss is over from the states at the moment and is taking us out for a Thai tomorrow lunch time so got that to look forward to, and we should find out if we get our belated Christmas bonus in this months pay as promised - dont see why not as we have for once made a killing. Would be a nice note to start leave on
Hope you all have a lovely day xx
Oh, and thank you for the Strep B advice!0 -
Morning ladies.
Emsbet, hope you managed to get the dream out of your head and get back to sleep.Morning ladies, just wondered if any of you had asked your midwives about a Group B strep test? I'm pretty sure if I asked I wouldnt get one but from what I have read it seems quite important.
Hi laura, i think someone has already said this but just incase.....most places don't routinely swab for streb B as it can come and go. I had a swab when i had a bleed and they didn't pick up any strep B in it but that doesn't mean I don't have it, just that I didn't have it then. If they know you've had it at some point they usually put you on antibiotics once you're in labour.Just got back from our Fetal Medicine scan, baby is still small but growing steadily. All fluids etc were fine. Femur still in 3rd centile but as other measurements are fairly small I think/hope we will just have a small baby. Have to go back for another one on 28th March to check growth again but also because the little monkey is breech with feet by face, wish I had their flexability!!
I think we must be twins! my baby was breech at my last scan but no more scans unless they think it is breech nearer the time. Also, our baby's femur is teeny too, not quite as small as yours but below the 10th centile and we know our baby doesn't have down's due to having the CVS so it definately doesn't mean anything. We're like you, all of the measurements are on the small side so the ones that are extra small aren't so worrying. the only measurement of our baby that fits on the scale between 10th and 90th centiles is the abdominal circumference, everything else is below the 10th centile and head is below the 3rd.
I had my antenatal check at the hospital yesterday, saw the consultant and he doesn't want to see more or do any more scans now, I just have to see me (useless) community midwife every 2 weeks unless I get to 40+3 when they've booked me an appointment at the hospital antenatal clinic. It seems very strange to have gone from having consultant appointments right throughout plus the feto-maternal unit appointments to only having the bog standard ones now! Ah well only 6.5 weeks to go :eek::eek::eek:.
Oooh and I managed to win a brand new baby carrier on ebay for.......£1.20 (plus postage), its the one I wanted and is £25 in tesco so I'm well pleased!
Easter eggs....I haven't had a 'proper' easter egg yet but I am addicted to cadbury's mini eggs! I may also have 2 packs of ferrero eggs and 2 packs of Aldi marshmallow bunnies plus quite a few other things hidden in my wardrobe!! I think being pregnant in the run up to easter was a very good plan lol!0 -
I think we must be twins! my baby was breech at my last scan but no more scans unless they think it is breech nearer the time. Also, our baby's femur is teeny too, not quite as small as yours but below the 10th centile and we know our baby doesn't have down's due to having the CVS so it definately doesn't mean anything. We're like you, all of the measurements are on the small side so the ones that are extra small aren't so worrying. the only measurement of our baby that fits on the scale between 10th and 90th centiles is the abdominal circumference, everything else is below the 10th centile and head is below the 3rd.
I think you are right! They think baby is about 4lbs 1oz from the measurements which they have said is in 8th centile but I dont consider it to be too bad as it has another 6 weeks to go. I'm thinking baby will be around the 7lb mark when born. Have any of your sonographers slipped up on the sex? We had a different one to two weeks ago and they have both referred to baby as one, then quickly said or..... if it was a slip up then Daddy will be very pleased!
Is your baby still breech Lisa? It seems every time I see the midwife baby is head down then a week later I have a scan and baby is breech. Maybe the midwife is confusing babys head and bottom?0 -
Thanks everyone. I do think he's the cutest thing, but i am biased...
On the topic of chocolate, i had a Peanut Butter Twix (peanut butter instead of caramel and chocolate cookie instead of the biscuit) yesterday. Was lurvellyyy.
Icey and Ravenlady. Hope things start for you both soon!!
Hope all you other ladies and bumps are healthy and happy too
x
Now that would be my chocolate hell.......eeuuugghhhhh!!Really pleased everything is well with you and baby Lovecrafting xx
Feel shattered this morning, will be 34 weeks tomorrow and dont start maternity leave till 38 + 2. Really struggling with getting up at 6 every morning
The big boss is over from the states at the moment and is taking us out for a Thai tomorrow lunch time so got that to look forward to, and we should find out if we get our belated Christmas bonus in this months pay as promised - dont see why not as we have for once made a killing. Would be a nice note to start leave on
Hope you all have a lovely day xx
Oh, and thank you for the Strep B advice!
Aww Laura I know ghow hard it is, I am 38 week sthis week and finished work last week, i too was a 6am get upper, glad i have finished now as it wasn't being at work but getting up that was hard.Morning ladies.
Emsbet, hope you managed to get the dream out of your head and get back to sleep.
Hi laura, i think someone has already said this but just incase.....most places don't routinely swab for streb B as it can come and go. I had a swab when i had a bleed and they didn't pick up any strep B in it but that doesn't mean I don't have it, just that I didn't have it then. If they know you've had it at some point they usually put you on antibiotics once you're in labour.
I think we must be twins! my baby was breech at my last scan but no more scans unless they think it is breech nearer the time. Also, our baby's femur is teeny too, not quite as small as yours but below the 10th centile and we know our baby doesn't have down's due to having the CVS so it definately doesn't mean anything. We're like you, all of the measurements are on the small side so the ones that are extra small aren't so worrying. the only measurement of our baby that fits on the scale between 10th and 90th centiles is the abdominal circumference, everything else is below the 10th centile and head is below the 3rd.
I had my antenatal check at the hospital yesterday, saw the consultant and he doesn't want to see more or do any more scans now, I just have to see me (useless) community midwife every 2 weeks unless I get to 40+3 when they've booked me an appointment at the hospital antenatal clinic. It seems very strange to have gone from having consultant appointments right throughout plus the feto-maternal unit appointments to only having the bog standard ones now! Ah well only 6.5 weeks to go :eek::eek::eek:.
Oooh and I managed to win a brand new baby carrier on ebay for.......£1.20 (plus postage), its the one I wanted and is £25 in tesco so I'm well pleased!
Easter eggs....I haven't had a 'proper' easter egg yet but I am addicted to cadbury's mini eggs! I may also have 2 packs of ferrero eggs and 2 packs of Aldi marshmallow bunnies plus quite a few other things hidden in my wardrobe!! I think being pregnant in the run up to easter was a very good plan lol!
Well done lisa on the ebay bargain.
Morning ladies and bumps
Re easter eggs, they just don't do it for me, i am not a plain chocolate type of girl so the egg bit is just wasted on me. I am more and aero bubbles type of girl, and the orange ones are only 82p a bag at the min in the local tesco express
even better.
Lovecrafting, really pleased all is well, take it easy.
Emsbet, glad you are showing, how lovely that somebody noticed it. Hope you got back to sleep after the dream. I am terrible for dreaming, even when I am not pregnant. I dream all the time that I am outside the local swimming baths and the pavement is huge, about knee height, I always fall off under a double decker bus, at exactly the same spot - there used to be a tesco across the road from there, and one of my OH's friends raped me outside it in my dream too, very weird but keep dreaming it....any dream analysers here?!?
I had a chinese for tea sunday and then left overs for dinner yesterday, it has not agreed with me and has left me in agony, not sure what it is. I had my gall bladder removed 10 months ago and chinese was one of the things i really really struggled to eat without being in pain, it was just like the pain from that. It is weird.
Baby has been moving much much less these last couple of days, but i am still feeling it move, think he/she (he i guess) is gonna be a big un.
Hope you all have a good day. I am off to do my college homework then college this aft, exam in 2 weeks, 2 days before my official due date, wonder if i can make it....mmmmm.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards