We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

LBM in 2003.. What have I been doing since??!

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Looking awesome :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks folks. Couldn't do it without you all!

Need to be careful but looking like I am on track with the revised DFD.

Small gains today:

-£16 spent on 3 Xmas presents so not bad
    - had eve invite out but heading home. Pooped.
    - latest ginger beer is great. Do recommend it. Am also making lots of bread in the BM

Must do expenses though. Running at a high rate ( yet again!) and need the cash back and under my control
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Need to catch up but saw your sig elsewhere and couldn't not stop by and say "woooooohooooo" at your CC amount remaining, that's awesome!!! :D You must be sooooo pleased. Almost into the £4's too :D :dance: :dance: :dance:
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Just got my internet back so a bit behind! But have to say "Whoop Whoop" :T on the signature! Looking great :D
    JUNE 2024 GOALS ~ Manifest a buyer for my house so I can move!! DONE!!
    EF/moving fund £2677.62/3000~ NSD 9/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £266.31/ £500 ~
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Fantastic! You're so nearly there now :)
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Wow on the MBNA being almost paid off! You are so close |I hope you manage it very soon.

You must be congratulated on all you have managed to achieve.

I am feeling very excited about you all being able to go skiing too. And without it being added to CCs :)
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I am thinking I can get shot of the last bits of the MB.A wreckage next week so keeping my fingers and toes crossed! :)

Today has been good. Good day of work for me but OH was working hard on Xmas stuff and domestic duties..it's been good to get some more stuff sorted altho Ebay phase has died a death. No takers so CBA to list the last few bits. Our lodger cooked dinner!! I could get used to this!

Have a great weekend

Brizzle
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • daisystar
    Options
    Wooooooooooohooooooooooo!!!!! (Insert your own smilies here as it won't let me tonight)

Amazing news on your numbers, your sig is looking fab and a MASSIVE hooray to the ski holiday, I wholeheartedly approve!!!

Not so many takers for me on £bay at the mo either so I'm not listing any more till after the New Year now as it doesn't seem worth the time. You seem to be making massive inroads without this though - keep going!!!!!
    Debt Oct '13 - [STRIKE]£44,076[/STRIKE] £41,578 5.7% cleared
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 9 December 2013 at 11:43AM
    Options
    Thanks everyone for dropping by!!

All - the great news is that the hideous, awful, millstone that was the MBN£ card has GONE GONE GONE!! :j :j

I need to write to them cancelling it..they keep on sending me 0% BT offers so their IT systems must be flagging what I am doing! It's a great feeling and now just one to go. It's on 0% for a while longer but I may end up paying a little interest on the remaining balance. I don't want to do a BT as I don't want to pay a fee so I think I am better off just ploughing on and making sure the Xmas reins are hauled in v tight! :D

I have also checked my mortgage and that is under £175k!! :D

Quite a busy day today. Mixture of work and domestic chores..have a huge list!! Not sure how it'll get done but if I start it then maybe it will ;)

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Wooo hoooo to the MBN@ card going - Zero! Well done! I remember the joy when my MBN@ card went, it was the highest on interest and the highest rude staff score too. Onwards and downwards Mrs B.....
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts