Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Buying yellow sticker/reduced 2012 challenge - Page 67

New Post Advanced Search

Buying yellow sticker/reduced 2012 challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
698 replies 88K views

Replies

• calleyw wrote: »
    Last night in my local tesco express i got

2 x packs of chelsea buns 24p
    1 pack of grapes 25p
    1 loaf of bread 14p
    3 x bouquets of flowers £1.10
    3 x packets of giant baps 24p
    1 x packet of salad 10p.

I am lucky as this happens around about 5pm so I can pop in before I go home.

Yours

Calley

Thats quite a nice haul - well done you:T
  • Oh I could never get sick of bacon butties! And well done you :j

Myself and my OH a lovely tea last night, pea and ham soup (full price!:eek:) with a free crusty baguette from Lidly with a coupon, salmon with pesto and sun dried tomatoes (1.08 2 pieces yellow sticker) with lemon and garlic potatoe wedges (66p yellow sticker) and courgettes (10p yellow sticker)

Sounds yummy - esp ys wise:):):)
  • Managed to get a few bits from M & S - first time ever. Yummy yog 50p, lovely salad 75p, pork joint £4 (should have been £8) and salmon £2. Wish I could do it more often lol
  • POPPYOSCARPOPPYOSCAR Forumite
    14.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my best yellow sticker buy has to be a joint of beef from Sainsburys reduced from £12.99 to 60p.
  • EdwardiaEdwardia Forumite
    9.2K posts
    Fed up with the unlabelled GM-fed animals & poultry and the additives in meat OH and I have started going organic. Just wondering whether organic stuff gets yellow-stickered much please ?
  • POPPYOSCARPOPPYOSCAR Forumite
    14.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edwardia wrote: »
    Fed up with the unlabelled GM-fed animals & poultry and the additives in meat OH and I have started going organic. Just wondering whether organic stuff gets yellow-stickered much please ?

Yes it does.

I cannot recall any organic beef joints but I have bought organic chickens, lamb chops and mince I think.Also organic eggs.
  • carlyh69carlyh69 Forumite
    303 posts
    I got some organic mince from sainsburys for 60p last week, so yes they do reduce it!
    Wins 2016: Dogfest ticks, B&M dog Hamper, Dog food, Dog blanket, Hair product, meal for 2 and wine at pub, craft bundle, organic surge gift pack, £100 gullivers world voucher, stress out cd, £200 seascape vouchers, popcorn maker, mandarin body butter, Wishing for a holiday win!
  • EdwardiaEdwardia Forumite
    9.2K posts
    Picked up reduced So Organic Little Gem lettuces tonight 39p and some reduced Basics Mozzarella pearls for lunch tomorrow at Sainsbury's plus special offer Kent strawbs £2 with free pot cream :)
  • katie89katie89 Forumite
    132 posts
    Last night I went to tesco and got:
    2 pk peppers -13p (2 of these)
    1 x tray of fresh potato wedges (15p)
    1 x pack on the vine tomatos-10p
    1 x 3mini pot low fat homous- 13p
    1 x bag stir fry 10p
    1 x bag mixed microwavable veg - 10p
    2 x bag 10 clementines -20p
    2011 Wins : Models own makeup product, Photoplusx4 software:j Mens hair dye :rotfl:
  • matty17rmatty17r Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Got two packs of finest king prawn and smoked salmon sandwiches before 4 pm today reduced to 25p a pack from £2.50. Very early for such a good reduction. Who says you can't live well on a low budget(lol)!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support