Buying yellow sticker/reduced 2012 challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
698 replies 88.2K views

Replies

• calleyw wrote: »
    Last night in my local tesco express i got

2 x packs of chelsea buns 24p
    1 pack of grapes 25p
    1 loaf of bread 14p
    3 x bouquets of flowers £1.10
    3 x packets of giant baps 24p
    1 x packet of salad 10p.

I am lucky as this happens around about 5pm so I can pop in before I go home.

Yours

Calley

Thats quite a nice haul - well done you:T
  • Oh I could never get sick of bacon butties! And well done you :j

Myself and my OH a lovely tea last night, pea and ham soup (full price!:eek:) with a free crusty baguette from Lidly with a coupon, salmon with pesto and sun dried tomatoes (1.08 2 pieces yellow sticker) with lemon and garlic potatoe wedges (66p yellow sticker) and courgettes (10p yellow sticker)

Sounds yummy - esp ys wise:):):)
  • Managed to get a few bits from M & S - first time ever. Yummy yog 50p, lovely salad 75p, pork joint £4 (should have been £8) and salmon £2. Wish I could do it more often lol
  • POPPYOSCARPOPPYOSCAR Forumite
    14.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my best yellow sticker buy has to be a joint of beef from Sainsburys reduced from £12.99 to 60p.
  • EdwardiaEdwardia Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fed up with the unlabelled GM-fed animals & poultry and the additives in meat OH and I have started going organic. Just wondering whether organic stuff gets yellow-stickered much please ?
  • POPPYOSCARPOPPYOSCAR Forumite
    14.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edwardia wrote: »
    Fed up with the unlabelled GM-fed animals & poultry and the additives in meat OH and I have started going organic. Just wondering whether organic stuff gets yellow-stickered much please ?

Yes it does.

I cannot recall any organic beef joints but I have bought organic chickens, lamb chops and mince I think.Also organic eggs.
  • carlyh69carlyh69 Forumite
    303 Posts
    I got some organic mince from sainsburys for 60p last week, so yes they do reduce it!
    Wins 2016: Dogfest ticks, B&M dog Hamper, Dog food, Dog blanket, Hair product, meal for 2 and wine at pub, craft bundle, organic surge gift pack, £100 gullivers world voucher, stress out cd, £200 seascape vouchers, popcorn maker, mandarin body butter, Wishing for a holiday win!
  • EdwardiaEdwardia Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Picked up reduced So Organic Little Gem lettuces tonight 39p and some reduced Basics Mozzarella pearls for lunch tomorrow at Sainsbury's plus special offer Kent strawbs £2 with free pot cream :)
  • katie89katie89 Forumite
    132 Posts
    Last night I went to tesco and got:
    2 pk peppers -13p (2 of these)
    1 x tray of fresh potato wedges (15p)
    1 x pack on the vine tomatos-10p
    1 x 3mini pot low fat homous- 13p
    1 x bag stir fry 10p
    1 x bag mixed microwavable veg - 10p
    2 x bag 10 clementines -20p
    2011 Wins : Models own makeup product, Photoplusx4 software:j Mens hair dye :rotfl:
  • matty17rmatty17r Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Got two packs of finest king prawn and smoked salmon sandwiches before 4 pm today reduced to 25p a pack from £2.50. Very early for such a good reduction. Who says you can't live well on a low budget(lol)!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals