Buying yellow sticker/reduced 2012 challenge

Options

Comments

• eleanor73
    eleanor73 Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I always walk out empty handed! The security guards know me now-either as the girl with a bag full of bargains or the girl leaving with nothing!!
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • LizzieB
    LizzieB Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all

Not sure if this has already been posted but in Mr A in Br***ley H**l their own brand (not smartprice) toothpaste was 15p for the whitening, 25p for the fresh breath (think it was that) version. Got 6, left lots for others. :)

HTH someone

Lizzie
    Sometimes, I can't see the wood for the trees - or the couscous for the quinoa... 3 no spends so far for August 2011!
  • Thrifty_Sister
    Options
    Had a great shop on day 3 of my whoopsie hunting yesterday. Must have got to Mr A's at just the right time as I managed to get fish, meat, vegetables & fruit all reduced. My haul included herb crusted salmon - down from £4 -£1.50, cod loin, pork chops, minced steak, cheese, cream cakes, bananas, apples, bread etc all down to less than half price. My freezer/fridge are now full again with virtually a weeks shopping for less than half what I usually pay. Very happy with that little lot. The checkout op (male)! said to me 'you came in at the right time - I'm impressed with what you've got!':)
  • eleanor73
    eleanor73 Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yesterday I tried a new Tescos near me (they are taking over the world!) as I often find it takes them a while getting used to stock levels so there is often yellow labels. I also had a £2 off £6 intro to new store voucher. Wowee-I got:

Whole cooked chicken-was £5.36 to £1.38
    Chicken crown with root veg -£4 to £1
    Saucy fish co salmon with chilli and ginger -£4.24 to £1.04
    Turkey steaks £3 somethign to 93p
    2 x finest burgers £3 something to 75p
    3 x pizzas reduced from £2 something to 63p
    mini quiche 36p
    Finest roast Beef sarnie for bf 63p

I could have got so much more but my freezer is absolutely chocker!! Pizzas are still in fridge til I can make room!

I was well chuffed-me and my bf worked out I got almost £40 worth of stuff for £6 something by using the voucher too.
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    Went to morries and slightly:mad: because they have changed the timings on the yellow stickers again:eek: it was lunchtime they stopped that, then around 4, stopped that and today by luck and chance went in around 11am and there she was reducing the second time, oh for goodness sake just tell me what time:rotfl::rotfl:

I got WW sausages for 75p were £2
    Thin sausages 49p were £2
    Various ready meals curries etc £1.29 instead of £3.49 (they used to reduce them to £1.19 and sometimes 75p)
    A gammon from £6.49 to £2.49 best bargain

Pork with cracking in a jus sauces £5.49 to £2.49 another great bargain going to use that for Valentines day and a mint pea mash 99p instead of £2.49
    Garlic bread 49p was £1.29
    Paella £1.69 was £3.49 (they used to reduced that to £1.19)

There were loads of posh cheeses for 99p instead of £3.49, mozorella, posh desserts, posh creams but no one even touched them.

Getting proper fed up with morries, not only did they used to second reduce the prices even lower than they are now which they have stopped they keep changing the times and one thing I have not got the time to do is sit in the shop and wiat in hope all day long:rotfl::rotfl:

Reading the other success stories of Mr A might try there at 7/8pm might go the first time around 7pm and see, can't understand what all the secrecy is about timings, just do it at a set time every day and I will be there:D
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • computerfixer
    Options
    Hello again fellow bargain hunters, I see there are moe people joining in the thread now, it's great to see everyone getting a few bits reduced, unfortunately some of you are struggling with timings, so annoying.

I have only been in co-op a couple times in last week or so and got a few bits very cheap :)

Yesterday was too early and wasn't much there so didn't bother going back

Today about 6 girl had just started on reducing, so went to cash machine and wasted 10 min to let her get half round to the meat(she does it the opposite way round than the guys)

Got a good few things that will use/freeze

2x coop wafer thin ham 400g , can use some and portion and freeze
    4 x soft cheese peppadew pepper - love these so will use tonight /tmrw
    2 x 200g cherries should last 2-3 days though I might make a cherry pie :)
    1 x coop italian salad use today/tmrw
    1 x 4 batch rolls tonight/tmrw
    1 x 2 half baked ciabbata - good for freezing and use for pizza/garlic bread etc
    2 x pickle+pork suasage rolls - handy snack in freezer
    2 x bells macaroni pies - easy lunch /dinner
    1 x natural cottage cheese - have with rolls/meat salad today/tmrw

All @ 10p each :) total £1.60 :)

Missed out as someone was looking at the sirloin steaks and she told customer was reducing to 10p, customer was hmm and she basically had to convince her to take it by saying it looks fine still all red looking, grrr, had my eye on that haha.

Not to worry, loads of stewing steak sirloin too and lamb chops, hopefully get my mits on them tmrw as not got much/any of them in freezer.

Hope eveyone did better today.

Take care :)
  • skintmum2012
    Options
    Well done everyone of Bargains :) Hubby got Yesterday

A huge joint of Beef it was £17 Reduced to £8
    A gammon Joint I wanted one since X mass to do the coke and gammon in SC thing
    lamb chops was £6 got for £2.99
    cream chesse with chilli as a little snack last night was £3 got for 99p

Was really pleased with everything today :D
    February GC £261.97/24 NSDS 10/12
    march 300/290 NSD 12/6
    ARPIL 300/ 238.23 NSD'S 10/3

• flippin36
    flippin36 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing for me tonight (except 30p spinach) but I love reading about everyone else's finds. It keeps me going.
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options

2x coop wafer thin ham 400g , can use some and portion and freeze

You see that has made me think, got the huge ham one for 49p the other day and what do I do? Shove the whole lot in the freezer without so much as thinking to seperate them and portion it all off, now what?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • lindseykim13
    Options
    Anyone got any ideas what i could do with sliced packet ham? I keep finding it reduced for 30p but the use by date is the same day and it always states 'not suitable for freezing' keep thinking it's a bit of a waste as i usually find it's the last thing left on the shelf at 9pm and nobody is likely to buy it to eat at that time of night.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure