PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    officeguru wrote: »
    Hi All

I would just like to say that since joining this wee group, I no longer feel alone and Sparrer your post was just lovely... I could feel the tears...

I also go days without seeing anyone so I look forward to having something to post on here... :beer:

Maybe we should have a challenge to see who goes the longest time without seeing/speaking to anyone ???? :rotfl::rotfl:

Anyway, I am feeling seriously aggrieved... I didn't realise you get get more Smilies... I can see now, of course...

I Like this one too.......

:kisses3:

Anyway, emmaneni, you know that we are all thinking of you :)

I really like this one
    :EasterBun:EasterBun:EasterBun
    feel a bit like this at the moment! Finding it really hard this week to think "diet", managing to control my meals, but snacks are creeping in again :o it's the cold weather, the back pain, the being stuck in the house feeling a bit bored and depressed, blah blah blah...really, it's all just excuses. I'm hoping I'll have a boost when the new challenge starts.
    officeguru...I didn't realise you were often alone...when you've mentioned your OH, I assumed it was a live-in OH :o. I always enjoy reading what you've been up to, it's always something interesting.

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Mrs Dragon, you seem to have left me out but will repost, can you put me down for 4lbs for next challenge please? :)

Not a very nice day here as it would have been my parents 37th wedding anniversary. Popped to cemetery to put flowers on for Dad and Mum started crying, fortunately we were the only ones around so she could have some privacy.

b- none
    l - chips from chippy up the road when we went to get flowers. aero bar.
    d - stirfry with extra noodles, slice of bread. glass of koppaberg.
    s- viennetta ice cream.

I had you down on the spreadsheet with the 4lbs just forgot to update the list :o
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and Im going to do a freezer inventory tonight, Easter chocolate is in the boot of the car and the chocolate I won at Chocolate Bingo last night at DGC's school is also there, its too cold and snowy to actually go and get it now!!!!
    nannnyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - nothing as yet 
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies and hope everyone is doing ok :) I am still here, starving myself half to death in the last 10 days before my wedding!
  • inthedeep
    inthedeep Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Josslette wrote: »
    Hi Inthedeep! I'm pretty new here too and have about 100 pounds too lose, so i'm going to be here for quite a while too! I've found using My Fitness Pal really useful so far.

Here's my meal plan for tomorrow!

B - Weetabix x2, Milk
    S - Banana
    L - Chicken Salad Sandwich(what a surprise! :D)
    S - Black Cherry Yoghurt
    T - Chicken Carbonara Spaghetti Bake
    S - Twirl :D

Heyyy, what is my fitness pal?!

xx
    All Challenged started 24/03/13
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge 2013 - £12.36
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2013 - £5.00
    Pay One Debt Challenge 2013 - £1,500 / £1,600
  • inthedeep
    inthedeep Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Okay, so I got weighed and nearly died!!!

I would like to pledge a loss of 50lbs please x
    All Challenged started 24/03/13
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge 2013 - £12.36
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2013 - £5.00
    Pay One Debt Challenge 2013 - £1,500 / £1,600
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    inthedeep wrote: »
    Okay, so I got weighed and nearly died!!!

I would like to pledge a loss of 50lbs please x

Not in 13 weeks you don't!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The_Dragon wrote: »
    Not in 13 weeks you don't!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

4lbs a week is a bit fast, I agree.

Would have thought 26lbs is better. 2lbs a week, nice gradual loss. :)

Not trying to tell anyone what to do, jmho.
  • officeguru
    officeguru Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ellie99 wrote: »
    officeguru...I didn't realise you were often alone...when you've mentioned your OH, I assumed it was a live-in OH :o. I always enjoy reading what you've been up to, it's always something interesting.

Sorry Ellie, I forgot about him.... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: My beloved is usually always working and by the time he gets home, eats and then falls asleep on the chair, I feel that I am all alone...

I was working up until 5 years ago and came down with a dreaded lurgy... so I am now virtually housebound. I miss talking to people .. my daughter has made a new home in Australia and my son is really busy so sometimes I feel pretty useless... I can't keep in touch with my old workmates 'cause they are working all day .. and so are my neighbours. The other problem is that I live in an old victorian property and have 6 feet high dykes so you don't even see people walking by... :(

God, I am making myself depressed now.... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    I'm stuck at home by myself as well officeguru - it sucks being disabled!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family