PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    inthedeep wrote: »
    Please may I join? I have a lot to lose and not enough money to join a slimming club.

If I'm able to join I shall get weighed tomorrow when I'm at my mums to give my start weight.

Nervous but optimistic xx

Welcome to the [STRIKE]madhouse[/STRIKE]gang, you don't need to give me a start weight just how much you plan to lose by 28th June :D
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Not going too badly so far this week - but that's usually famous last words.:o
    Trying to up the F&V - managed 7 portions yesterday and so far today I've had a banana, apple, satsuma and raisins with some mushrooms, onions in my curry for tea and strawberries and raspberries for dessert later if needed. Sounds more when you write it down!
  • officeguru
    officeguru Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All

Never got out at the weekend as OH and friend were fixing the garden fence and loose steps in the freezing cold..

Yesterday, I got another moggie... He'll be fine.. I've never seen a cat with it's tail between its legs before.. It might take a wee while with him to get him back to 'normal'.. sometimes I am glad that they can't tell me what has happened to them..

Today, I stripped the bed and got the heavy continental quilt cover almost dried between snow blizzards.. I also pruned a garden shrub back as the garden bin was going out almost empty..

Then I made shepherd's pie for dinner...

I also spend a couple of hours on the internet looking at embroidery machines but I reckon that as I am now retired, it's not worth paying £700+ for a machine.. maybe 30 years ago, but I couldn't justify paying that kind of money now... I was hoping that I could pick up a second-hand one but they are just as dear.. but I am in no rush... :)

I also took myself to my friend who lives in another part of the village... I was really chuffed.. She lives up the hill (It's not quite as bad as the one on the Hovis advert but... ) and I made it all the way to her house without stopping.. I wasn't even breathless.. :T

When I visited her just after Christmas, I hardly made it to the foot of the hill... had to rest at the primary school gates... pretended to look down the hill but I was actually stopped as I could hardly go on... by the time I made it to her door, I was virtually gasping for breath and hanging on to her door handle for dear life :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

but that is all changing :beer:
  • inthedeep
    inthedeep Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    The_Dragon wrote: »
    Welcome to the [STRIKE]madhouse[/STRIKE]gang, you don't need to give me a start weight just how much you plan to lose by 28th June :D

Haha that suits me better as I know it's going to be a hefty weight.

I shall report back with a challenging yet totally do-able figure tomorrow afternoon =)

x
    All Challenged started 24/03/13
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge 2013 - £12.36
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2013 - £5.00
    Pay One Debt Challenge 2013 - £1,500 / £1,600
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    inthedeep wrote: »
    Haha that suits me better as I know it's going to be a hefty weight.

I shall report back with a challenging yet totally do-able figure tomorrow afternoon =)

x

I am waiting with bated breath :rotfl:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • Josslette
    Josslette Posts: 554 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Inthedeep! I'm pretty new here too and have about 100 pounds too lose, so i'm going to be here for quite a while too! I've found using My Fitness Pal really useful so far.

Here's my meal plan for tomorrow!

B - Weetabix x2, Milk
    S - Banana
    L - Chicken Salad Sandwich(what a surprise! :D)
    S - Black Cherry Yoghurt
    T - Chicken Carbonara Spaghetti Bake
    S - Twirl :D
    September Grocery Challenge £0/£225
  • ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    officeguru wrote: »
    Hi All

I also took myself to my friend who lives in another part of the village... I was really chuffed.. She lives up the hill (It's not quite as bad as the one on the Hovis advert but... ) and I made it all the way to her house without stopping.. I wasn't even breathless.. :T

When I visited her just after Christmas, I hardly made it to the foot of the hill... had to rest at the primary school gates... pretended to look down the hill but I was actually stopped as I could hardly go on... by the time I made it to her door, I was virtually gasping for breath and hanging on to her door handle for dear life :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

but that is all changing :beer:

Isn't it great when you can feel yourself getting fitter? :T

Before I hurt my back last summer, I used to walk most days. One of my routes was a lovely country walk, and the first 15 minutes was a continuous hill...when I started I had to stop half way up and get my breath...you know, I was "admiring the view" :rotfl:

After 6 inactive months, I'd love to see that hill again.

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello all

Rather eventful day today - booked up and will be going to New York in May!! :D Had a friend round (who I'm going with) so we have been a bit naughty! :o

b - microwavable golden syrup porridge
    l - crisp sandwich, peppermint aero
    d - chinese selection box (duck, pancakes, spring rolls, mini prawn toasts) shared between us
    s - maltEaster bunny
    t - small piece hm corned beef pie, pack crisps, four profiteroles, couple spoonfuls of double cream, apple koppaberg

:o
  • officeguru
    officeguru Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ellie99 wrote: »
    Isn't it great when you can feel yourself getting fitter? :T

Before I hurt my back last summer, I used to walk most days. One of my routes was a lovely country walk, and the first 15 minutes was a continuous hill...when I started I had to stop half way up and get my breath...you know, I was "admiring the view" :rotfl:

After 6 inactive months, I'd love to see that hill again.

Thanks for that, Ellie,

It's so rare for me to even get out of the house, I really enjoyed it... Normally, I keep myself fit by housework (similar to Sparrer) and working in my garden... (stopped by the snow) but I am hoping that I feel the difference as I lose each stone.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: My friend is a retired nurse, who knows my condition and she normally visits me... she comes down the hill but I had to test myself today... :)

I also managed to get into my pairs of jeans.... but there is another pair lurking in the shadows...:eek: I can get them on but I can't pull up the zip... :( but once a week, I will try them on :beer:
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Welcome newbies :wave: it's lovely here

Well done on making it up the hill OG :D. Hope the new mog soon settles, I'm sure it will with your tlc. I've just about mastered the injections for my girl, day 5 and she didn't flinch. Only about another 6 months to go!

Woohoo theatregirl, NY sounds amazing :)

Know what you mean WW, I often think I've not had my daily 5 but works out I've had a lot more because some of it is in other food, iyswim. Sounds like you've been to the market stall ;)

Welcome back to the wagon DD, jump aboard!

B - spicy fruity porridge, sk milk
    L - chicken mayo sandwich, 2 slices Danish. Hot X bun with rf spread
    D - chicken casserole, couscous.
    S - melon, nana, satsuma, apple
    E - 3x10 mins plus a bit of housework (pottering)

Sweet dreams :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport