PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• northwest1965
    northwest1965 Posts: 2,058 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you put me down please. I want the same target as previous, after whatever I lost ( that is to be my total weight loss)

Thanks
    Loved our trip to the West Coast USA. Death Valley is the place to go!
  • Josslette
    Josslette Posts: 554 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Fell off the wagon a bit yesterday and just ended up eating whatever I wanted. I felt so full and horrible, it made the yummy food so not worth it!

So here's what I plan to eat today to get back on track!

B - Weetabix x2, milk
    L - A Big Salad - lettuce, red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red pepper, tuna, boiled egg, balsamic vinegar.
    T - Cottage Pie, Swede and Carrot Mash, Broccoli
    Snacks - Melon, Strawberries, Blueberries, Grapes(fruit already prepared so I can just pick at it), Raspberry Perle de Lait, White Lion Bar.

All that lot comes to 1894 calories and I'm going for a walk in a few minutes :)
    September Grocery Challenge £0/£225
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Can you put me down please. I want the same target as previous, after whatever I lost ( that is to be my total weight loss)

Thanks

I think I got this! You wanted to lose 10 pounds last time, you have lost 3 (:j) and so 7 left for this target
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all
    Re northwest's post, well done Dragon for working that one out :D

Confined to the house today, there's ice under the snow so don't intend going to my usual Sunday meeting with friends. Having a lazy day though I could do extra exercise to keep warm...

B - spicy fruity porridge
    D - jacket and veg chilli. Blackberry pie, rf ice cream
    T - chicken & mayo sandwich with 2 slices Danish, 1/2 nana
    S - melon, grapes, satsuma
    E - 3x10 mins planned, more if I can

Stay safe and warm, enjoy your day :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 24 March 2013 at 10:37PM
    Options
    morning all

checked the scales again this morning (sneaky just after TOTM start weigh as I tend to fluctate around now) and I think I lost about another 1/2 lb aready. But it will all be clearer on Friday. :cool:

Work last night was horr.i.ble! So many rude people, so many barking orders across the bar, and I wasnt feeling right enough to deal with them shouting at me.
    Then, right when our tills were closed and we were cleaning up trying to get home, this not-so-obviously drunk guy comes into the bar and starts going on about having another beer and why couldnt we serve him. When I explained to him that we couldnt serve because our tills were closed for the night he started BEGGING me to serve him some more drink cos the show was so s*** :rotfl:

I needed a bottle of beer after that shift so I had one when I got home with my burrito dinner. oh and a chocolate bar too. :o:o

got another headache coming on this morning, this is the fourth one in as many days. :mad:

mealplan today:
    b - 4 mini scotch pancakes with a little cream and maple syrup.
    l - 1 x tortilla wrap, ready cooked chicken pieces with celery, radishes and tomato, bag of crisps.
    s - bounty bar
    d - lamb chop, cabbage, peas, roast tatties, glass of wine :D
    s - piece of Viennetta ice cream, kitkat, cup of tea
    e - going to try and hook up the Wii Fit today! So will see how much exercise I can do on there!
  • northwest1965
    northwest1965 Posts: 2,058 Forumite
    Options
    The_Dragon wrote: »
    I think I got this! You wanted to lose 10 pounds last time, you have lost 3 (:j) and so 7 left for this target

Yes please.

and thanks!:):)
    Loved our trip to the West Coast USA. Death Valley is the place to go!
  • ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 March 2013 at 7:58PM
    Options
    Theatregirl...totally approve of the addition to your signature :j

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Options
    I've stayed the same this week - is Friday the final weigh in?

Dragon - please can I be put down for 10lbs again for the next challenge? Thanks :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • officeguru
    officeguru Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ellie99 wrote: »
    officeguru :rotfl:see, the less we know ,the better :rotfl:
    Think "lettuce soup, lettuce soup, lettuce soup"...there's just no comparision, is there? :rotfl:

I need to know how many chocolate fairy cakes equals 30 minutes clearing snow :o

Think 'lettuce soup' as well... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: There are about 180 calories in a chocolate fairy cake (depending on what topping there is :) ) You will burn approximately 288 calories in shoveling snow for an hour... so, even rounding it up to 300 calories an hour - that equals 150 calories over half an hour... which almost covers one fairy cake... so as long as you leave the topping on the plate... you might get away with 1 cake..... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Not a lot !!!!
    Josslette wrote: »
    :) At least you've tried them now :p I know what you mean though, I could eat 3 in one sitting! :eek: So OH hides them from me :)

Yes, it has stopped me wondering... :( but they were soooo good... Just as well I only had the equivalent of one... but if my betterhalf was at his work, I could easily have eaten them... therefore, banned...
    sparrer wrote: »

Confined to the house today, there's ice under the snow so don't intend going to my usual Sunday meeting with friends. Having a lazy day though I could do extra exercise to keep warm...

I hope this means that you have had a break from all your housework... Shame that you aren't getting a chance to see your friends... We are so lucky that the snow has missed us... It is bitterly cold though.... :(

Take care...
  • officeguru
    officeguru Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    emmaneni wrote: »
    That's it! Your last paragraph really hits home a point with me, thank you.

Hi Emmaneni

I forgot to mention that I like the idea that there are at least two of us trying a similar food plan.... :beer:

I'm hoping that the weight loss will carry on... There is no reason why it shouldn't... :)

It will be interesting to see how my 2nd challenge losses go... :A

Hi Dragon

Well done on all the efforts you go to every week... :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills