PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• smokybabe
    smokybabe Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all,

B - Nothing.
    L - 2 x wholemeal pitta with lf cottage cheese, tomato and ham.
    T - Chicken breast cooked in a concotion of garlic, tomato, onion, a spoonful of onion relish, and a couple of hot chillis, served with some stir fried veggies and cauliflower. Sounds awful but was delish!
    S - Apple and 4 small squares of chocolate.

Excersise - Walked the dog with the kiddies, I did 5373 steps according to the pedometer but it took twice as long as it used too due to having to stop and rest my back. However I am dead chuffed that we went.
    If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape 100 days of sorrow.......Chinese proverb
    DFW No 172.
  • Rose_Wood
    Options
    Evening All,

I'm just in after a very busy evening at work and feeling shattered. I can't have a lie in though as I'm meeting my friend at 9am for us to go for a 7K run!

B: Poached egg on toast
    L: Boneless pork loin chop served with peas and spinach in a creme fraiche and mushroom sauce. Pear.
    T: HM leek and potato soup with small piece of HM granary bread. Banana.
    Snack: 1/2 small bar of dark chocolate.

Exercise: 20 minutes exercise DVD. Walk to work (about 0.75 of a mile).

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very pleased this morning, felt I was a little less bloated and lo-and-behold I am down a pound, so hoping it will stay off for the rest of the week and maybe take a friend with it!

Breakfast was a large bowl of (Aldi) Fruit and Fibre, it takes me ages to chew so it's really filling. Lunch is undecided, I am out of soup and will be making a chicken one tonight with the roast carcass so I don't want to make any... have leftovers of yesterday's dinner which the others will have but it's pasta and I don't want that. Dinner will be roast chicken with lots of veg.
    Will try to get on the Wii at some point, but house full of small people makes that rather hard!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • Kiwisaver_2
    Kiwisaver_2 Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    Options
    Sundays were never going to be a good day for counting calories in this house. I was scared to do it.

We always have cooked breakfast, grilled bacon, eggs and tomatoes; usually with three rounds of toast. :eek: Afternoon tea and cake or biscuits; then a roast with a pudding of some sort.

So in a vain attempt I cut out one of the toast and had fruit and icecream for pud.

Seems though that the day was saved with one hour of vigorous house cleaning and three hours of gardening, which apparently earned me several hundred more calories and I still have some left over. :T
    Mortgage
    Start January 2017: $268,012
    Latest balance $266,734
    Reduction: $1,278.45
  • Rosetta92
    Rosetta92 Posts: 243 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Finally weighed myself yesterday on way to bed. Think I've lost 1lb but scales are hard to read and a bit shoogly so I'm not sure whether or not to count it. Planning to get an electronic set next week - thanks to whoever posted about the Lidl ones :T Had a look on Argos and they have some too if Lidl runs out of stock before I get there.

Breakfast today - toasted cinnamon and raisin bagel with a scrape of butter - I hate margarine :eek:

Lunch - planning to do HM soup if OH doesn't lead me astray - sausages, bacon, eggs ....

Dinner - have gammon to cook which didn't get used over festive season or I'm on a promise to make paella

Have a restful Sunday everyone :)
  • Annie021063
    Annie021063 Posts: 2,569 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all
    B porridge
    L soup and crackers - goahead bar
    D roast chicken loads veg 2 small roast spud little gravy

This weeks exercise:
    Swam 1425m
    slow dog walking - 80 minutes
    Running (treadmill) - 18 minutes
    Fast Walking (treadmill) 75 minutes
    Yoga 60 minutes

Lets hope a good week of exercise and diet reflects on the scales tomorrow morning. Did have chinese last night but had pork chow-mein and 2 spring rolls so not too bad
  • prophecy_grrl
    Options
    Went for a run this morning then had pzza bought for me for lunch :o

BUT not going to beat myself up over it - only ate 3 slices, and am having healthy omlette for tea tonight. Also did my food shop and didn't buy and junk, and I have meal planned for the week so will be good.

Probably won't get back on till Friday weigh day now, so good luck all, have a good week

p_grrl x
    *** PROPHECY_GRRL***
    *** DEBT FREE AS OF 17/10/11 - I DID IT!!! ***
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Evening All

I've had a busy but lovely day, with an icy run this morning then DGD all day. DS and DDiL came to collect her and have their Sunday meal at 5 and were able to stay till about 6.

B: Poached egg on toast. Banana
    L: HM leek and potato soup with HM bread. Also half of the still warm crust with HM butter as soon as it had cooled down enough to slice. Pear.
    D: Grilled haddock, roasted butternut squash and red pepper, peas. Raspberries with HM yoghurt.
    Snacks: Half a small bar of dark chocolate. Chocolate cornflake cake.

Exercise: 7K run plus a walk at either end of about 3 miles in total (excuse the mixed measurements). Short walk with DGD.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • Dragoncry
    Dragoncry Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all,

Breakfast: porridge
    Lunch: French onion cupasoup
    Dinner: Salmon wellington, new pots & sweetcorn, Pudding : skinny cow mintchoc icecream (93 cals)
    Drinks : water

Hope everyone is keeping motivated and have a good evening ;)
    DC xx
  • mazzzy
    mazzzy Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Evening,

B - Cereal with rice milk and chopped up fresh fruit

L - chicken soup, 1 HM scone

D - Lamb chop with carrots and green vegetables, stewed yellow plums and a spoon of yogurt

S - 4 jelly sweets, 1 apple

Today was much better than my blowout yesterday, although I havent done any exercise today (as we had visitors all day until an hour ago), and now all I want to do is settle down infront of the tv for the night!
    Summer weightloss challenge
    Aim to lose 10lbs:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family