PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good Morning x
    I am struggling and a sneaky peek (why cant I resist?? ) showed a 1.5lb gain this morning:mad::mad::mad: I did hoover up the remains of my son's Home Economics homework, and it had soy sauce in, which made me incredibly thirsty so might be fluid?? How does that work??

Anyway I need to get back on the straight and narrow once more so have had a cup of tea as it always makes me want to pee. Lets hope it is only a temporary blip. I feel stuck atm.

Hope you all have a good day xx
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Didn't get chance to post yesterday as it was non stop and didn't get home till nearly eleven. So yesterday's meals were as follows.

B: Slice of HM granary bread toasted with butter and raspberry jam.
    Snack: Cereal bar.
    L: Poached egg on toast. Pear. 2 chocolate biscuits
    D: HM pancake stuffed with left over roasted butternut squash and mushrooms and topped with cheese. Raspberries with Greek yoghurt.
    Snack: 2 more chocolate biscuits.
    Supper: Crust from HM bread toasted with butter and raspberry jam!!

Exercise: Most of Level 2 of Ripped in 30 exercise DVD till it stuck and I got fed up. It's going to have to go back and be replaced as it kept sticking on Level 1 too. Walk to work and back.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 17 January 2012 at 3:03PM
    Options
    Morning all.

I think I need to eat a bit more during the day today as I was so hungry by the time I got home last night that I struggled to concentrate on my OU studies over the growling of my stomach, and I ended up eating 4 fajitas rather than the 2 or 3 I'd intended, plus another wrap while making dinner as I couldn't even wait the 15 minutes or so it took the chicken to cook. :o At least the filling was mostly veg, so I hope I haven't done too much damage.

Today goes:

B - porridge with dried cranberries and a tsp of brown sugar
    L - two small wraps filled with smoked salmon and horseradish sauce; mug of mushroom and lentil soup
    S - clementine; kiwi fruit; pack of dried fruit with yoghurt-coated sunflower seeds; couple of ginger cookies (from my raid on Ik*ea over the weekend - I've brought the packet in to work so I don't end up eating them all)
    D - veg and noodle stirfry with sweet chilli sauce, and possibly the last little bit of gammon if it's still OK

I'm out with friends tonight but I'll be driving so won't drink anything more calorific (or exciting) than soda water with a splash of cordial. :(

Exercise - my usual lunchtime walk - [STRIKE]as the weather's nice (if cold) I'll aim for 45 minutes or so[/STRIKE] blast - forgot I needed to go the post office, so it was more like 25 minutes.

Need2bthrifty - that's fantastic news, and definitely worthy of a celebration. :j
  • arrowlili
    Options
    Molly41 wrote: »
    Good Morning x
    I am struggling and a sneaky peek (why cant I resist?? ) showed a 1.5lb gain this morning:mad::mad::mad: I did hoover up the remains of my son's Home Economics homework, and it had soy sauce in, which made me incredibly thirsty so might be fluid?? How does that work??

Anyway I need to get back on the straight and narrow once more so have had a cup of tea as it always makes me want to pee. Lets hope it is only a temporary blip. I feel stuck atm.

Hope you all have a good day xx

it prob is fluid. i can fluctuate easily by about 3lbs at certain times of the month. also salt (which soy sauce is high in) can increase water retention in a lot of people :mad:

maybe leave it a couple of days and then see where u r at?
    NDS Feb 2012 - 17/17
    Feb 2012 GC - £97.63/£380
    SPC # 1584 & Frugal Living Challenge 2012
    £2012 in 2012 £120/£2012
    £365 in 365 days 2012 - £56/£365
  • arrowlili
    Options
    hiya all.
    sorry, haven't really posted since i started this. i've been waiting on getting steroid injections in my arthritic knees so haven't been able to do anything in the way of exercise.
    i got them last week and... yay, i can finally feel them kicking in, so i'm gonna start a bit of gentler exercise this week :j:j

on the plus, i've been really sensible on my portion sizes and have cut right back on the meat (mostly only have it on weekends now) and i've managed to drop 5lbs:T:j:T

i've made a vow to take the turtle approach this time... slow and steady, as the weight loss has a better chance of sticking, and so do the lifestyle changes.
    usually i go the way of the hare (on speed) according to my husband, and can focus 110% on my goal,and nothing will tempt me or diviate me from my path... of course, eventially i run out of steam, or move onto my next full focus project and BOOM:eek: the weight creeps back on...
    i am a turtle... i am a turtle... :D

hope everyone is doing well :)
    NDS Feb 2012 - 17/17
    Feb 2012 GC - £97.63/£380
    SPC # 1584 & Frugal Living Challenge 2012
    £2012 in 2012 £120/£2012
    £365 in 365 days 2012 - £56/£365
  • vixtress
    vixtress Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 January 2012 at 8:51PM
    Options
    morning :D
    had a sneaky peak at the scales and am hopeful that the numbers are beginning to go down :D fingers crossed for friday!
    the plan for today is

toast, as always
    turkey stew from the freezer, apple
    not sure about dinner, think its just me so i may have beans on toast or similar.
    snacks will probably be a couple of ryvitas. this is the area i really need to cut down on - little pickers wear bigger knickers!!!

enjoy your day x
    - prior planning prevents poor performance!

May Grocery challenge £150 136/150
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 January 2012 at 2:59PM
    Options
    Arrowlili - Well done! I have added your loss to the list (currently on page 22).
    Fuddle - No, 3 cups of tea is NOT enough fluid in a day. I know I don't drink enough but I drink more than that. My plan is to fill/buy 500ml bottles and drink at least 3 a day as WELL as my tea fixes. I find it easy to drink during/after exercise, but I need even more then so I really need AT LEAST 3 bottles a day with more when working out/swimming... will really try hard to achieve this this week, please join me and remind me lol!

Often we snack because we are actually thirsty but don't realise, so drinking more should mean we eat a bit less. Maybe... will try (forget who suggested it) a glass of water before meals too...

Managed 45 minutes on the Wii MyFitnessCoach today, 'Core' focus today so lots of 'crunches' - yuck! But did burn 143 calories!

Breakfast - Flapjack and milk, half and apple
    Lunch -Chicken, leek and potato soup, bread roll (with clover, nicest of all the spreads but I only buy when on offer... yummy!)
    Dinner - Cod, spinach, chargrilled veg and new pots with a sauce of some sort.... probably cheese.
    Snacks - apple, bag of nuts/fruit/choc (Approved foods bargain) 200cal so not low anything but full of goodness so fairly guilt free!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all :)

busy morning for me, DH had to be out early so we overlapped in the bathroom and I was running v late by the time he'd finished (no idea what took him so long, he wasn't showering/shaving or anything!)

Breakfast: none :o
    Snack: choc chip cookie in my all-morning meeting. I couldn't resist :o
    Lunch: chicken salad sandwich, wotsits, babybel
    Dinner: DH home early so he's making something (I hope ;))

Exercise: none really, but lifting stuff in/out of loft - christmas decs to go back up, and some stuff we're storing for friends who are selling their flat - aiming for the decluttered look so we're getting all their clutter :rotfl:
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • The_Goose
    Options
    Hi everybody! Well done on the weight losses!

I bought new scales (£15 in Sainsbury's sale) and they say I'm two pounds lighter than my old ones - this is cheating, I think!

Anyway, I started off on 3 January at 9st 9lbs and I've lost 3 lbs in a fortnight, so could you put me down for that please. Would have been more but I've drunk much too much red wine, Guinness etc so will have to try to cut down and change drinks. At least I've weaned myself off Stella - what a shock when I looked up the calories in a pint of that ..... :rotfl:

I have been trying to walk more, and walk more quickly when I do walk. I've also signed up at the local Leisure Centre where because I'm so ancient I can do classes for £1 - but I haven't started them yet.

I'm now 9st 6lbs on the old scales, but 9st 4lbs on the new scales. From now on I'll give my weight loss and weight on the new scales.

I'm putting together a spreadsheet of all the things I usually eat, with their calories, so I have an easy reference in one place rather than having to keep looking things up. I'm also trying to combine this with Low GI foods, but crikey doesn't it all get complicated!

But I know if I just do a Low GI diet I will eat too large portions, so I do need to weigh stuff and count calories too.

Are we supposed to be saying on here what we eat each day? I had porridge and frozen berries (defrosted obviously) for breakfast, but no idea yet what I'm having for lunch and my evening meal!

However I did do a big Sainsbury's shop last week and have a fridge and freezer full of healthy veg and stuff - their soya meatballs are brilliant, only 30 calories each and actually taste like meat, you can defrost them in the microwave in about a minute and they're delicious!! And also quite cheap, they're on offer at the moment, or were last week ....

:T
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    ragz wrote: »
    Fuddle - Not, 3 cups of tea is NOT enough fluid in a day. I know I don't drink enough but I drink more than that. My plan is to fill/buy 500ml bottles and drink at least 3 a day as WELL as my tea fixes. I find it easy to drink during/after exercise, but I need even more then so I really need AT LEAST 3 bottles a day with more when working out/swimming... will really try hard to achieve this this week, please join me and remind me lol!

Often we snack because we are actually thirsty but don't realise, so drinking more should mean we eat a bit less. Maybe... will try (forget who suggested it) a glass of water before meals too...

I agree with Ragz 3 cups of tea is definitely not enough fluid for one day. Recommended guidelines is 2 litres of fluid per day, this can be water, juice, squash, tea, coffee etc. this is 8 cups (250ml), or about 3.5 pints.

I actually need to drink way more than this as I get a headache when I'm dehydrated, and I can tell quickly when it's coming on! So about 2 litres of SF squash plus 2-3 cups of tea at work, and normally 2-3 pints of squash or SF lemonade at home in the evening. even more if I've exercised. :eek:

If you're retaining water due to to salt intake, the best way to get rid of it is to drink lots of fluids, it makes the body think there's plenty of water about and it releases what it's holding.
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family