PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• DaisyDayDream
    Options
    Morning all

WW, enjoy your meal out, I've never tried lebanese before, you'll have to tell all tomorrow
    Savesummore, we must buy our chocolate from the same place, as that happens here too :rotfl:

Yesterday didn't go according to plan, not disasterous but far too many carbs and portion sizes were all wrong. I just felt so tired and instead of going for a run, went to bed for a nap and awoke 3hrs later, so must have needed the sleep, but today is another day.

Plan:
    B: weetabix
    L: not sure yet, will have to see what I bring back from shopping
    D: Mince, potatoes & veg, strawberries
    S: banana, lf yoghurt
    Ex: 90 mins dog walk am, will do 30 mins later and 30 min dvd

Hope everyone has a good sunday

D
    Success is a journey, not a destination
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Okay had the Hairy Bikers "fry up" (namely bacon and poached egg with tomato and watercress) for lunch today, and other than the fact that I am really going off meat it was very nice (and filling!), has anyone tried the Quorn bacon rashers and if so what did they think?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Evening All

Just having a sit down with a coffee before going out for an evening walk. I've had a really quiet peaceful day which was lovely after being busy all week. I've even been lying on the patio in a bikini with a book.

B/L: Omelette filled with spinach and beetroot leaves, onion thinnings, garlic and cheese. Chocolate mousse.
    D: Chicken thigh with roasted red pepper and HG vegetable medley ( baby golden courgettes, green beans, red onion, garlic and mushrooms sauteed in butter and sprinkled with seeds).

5891666.jpg

I may have raspberries in Greek yoghurt after my walk if I am feeling hungry.

Exercise: So far a short walk to the shops but the evening walk will be at least 5 miles (our standard dog walk) but may be longer.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all,

Im back to report todays eats:

B: 2 raser bacon, 2 eggs scrambled, 1 hm wholemeal bread toasted with butter
    S: 2 cadbury rich tea biscuits :o
    L: 1 HM wholemeal bread toasted with HM hummus spread on top and mixed leaves
    T: hairy bikers spainsh chicken bake- yum yum- chicken thighes, new potatos, garlic, onions, pepper and some chilli all baked in one pan- very nice :D will post recipe if anyone wants me too
    S: later I will have handful of strawberries and blueberries with greek yog and sprinkle of nuts

Monday tomorrow :eek: boo!!!
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    B - F&F sk milk
    L - cheese salad sandwiches, chips, sausage rolls at buffet put on by a village pub
    D - hm aubergine parmigiana, salad
    S - nectarine, pear, melon, nana
    E - does cheering on a football team count? It was exhausting ;)

Settling down with a cuppa to watch the closing ceremony which is just starting, enjoy it if you're watching too :)
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!
    Have woken up feeling fat and bloated after the Lebanese meal last night. The food was very nice but I ate way too much - think I went a bit bonkers after being so good for so long.:o
    I had part of a shared starter platter (all falafel, pitta, hoummous, halloumi etc) then a spinach and onion dish with rice and 2 bottles of beer. I also had some chocolate brazils in the afternoon (more than a handful) so the diet was well and truly blown yesterday.

So back on the wagon today - think bikini tomorrow:eek: Need to pop to the shops for something light for tea, not sure what yet.
    Will go for a run later and then its an early night before having to be at the airport at 4.15am - luckily its only 10 mins from the house at that time in the morning.

Hope Monday isn't too bad for those of you back at work today. xx
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all, I am hormonal today so keeping that perspective on things - I will be eating some medicinal chocolate! I had some sweets and pistachio nuts while I watched the closing ceremony last night, but again didn't lose the plot portion wise all day. Mum brought me some lovely home grown runner beans which I had for tea (or Dinner).

Today...

B Melon and greek yog

S Chocolate, crisps (keeping a lid on it, hopefully)

L Melon and plums and greek yog

D Chicken breast, new potatoes, broccoli, broad beans

Exercise... demessying upstairs, possibly painting (light effort today though).

I sneaked onto the scales last night and was pleasantly surprised, so must keep my motivation going.
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Went to bed slightly hungry lastnight and woke this morning starvin marvin :o

I had breakfast and a snack this morning but was still fighting the hunger pains

B: mini apple, strawberries, blueberries, greek yog, sprinkle of nuts
    S: banana, 1 x lemon serbet sweet :o
    L: roast chicken salad with HM hummous, melon
    S: nuts 20g and mini apple
    T: pork chop dinner

Maybe a rich tea biscuit later

Will do 'The Shred' later this will be day 10 so next time I do it I will move onto Level 2 :eek: prob wont be till Thursday though as swimming tomorrow night and visiting my friend Wed night :)
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    I am confused....

I need to lose weight, plus i have high blood pressure, that the docs are keeping an eye, and they want me to lose weight, they have suggested a low fat diet ( anything less than 3% fat per 100gms)

I need to lose about 2 stone ( this is my personal goal)

When you talk to people who have lost weight they all tell me diff things.. calorie count, no fat/sugar, no bread, just loads of salads, fruit and veg low carbs,

but i want to eat food for ever not just to lose weight and then put it all back on..

so i was thinking.... just trying to eat more fruit/veg salads etc.. and smaller portions of the main meat etc...

I love mashed 'potch' basically boiled potatoes, carrots, suede and onion just all mashed up together and i normally put a large dollup of butter in:cool: so what do you suggest i can use instead of the butter, that will still give that 'full creamy' flavour?
    Work to live= not live to work
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am confused....

I need to lose weight, plus i have high blood pressure, that the docs are keeping an eye, and they want me to lose weight, they have suggested a low fat diet ( anything less than 3% fat per 100gms)

I need to lose about 2 stone ( this is my personal goal)

When you talk to people who have lost weight they all tell me diff things.. calorie count, no fat/sugar, no bread, just loads of salads, fruit and veg low carbs,

but i want to eat food for ever not just to lose weight and then put it all back on..

so i was thinking.... just trying to eat more fruit/veg salads etc.. and smaller portions of the main meat etc...

I love mashed 'potch' basically boiled potatoes, carrots, suede and onion just all mashed up together and i normally put a large dollup of butter in:cool: so what do you suggest i can use instead of the butter, that will still give that 'full creamy' flavour?

I have two stones to lose as well, 13lbs already lost, I have swopped my butter for light Philly type cheese as find this works with quite a few things. It has seven times less calories than butter.
    Slimming World at target
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport