PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Ragz, I found the recipe on another thread a couple of days ago.

The link is here. http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2007/oct/06/recipes.foodanddrink

They are really nice but DH is intent on tweaking the recipe slightly. He made 12 bread buns rather than the 9 mentioned in the recipe as they are very big.
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Started so well. Good session in the gym last night, resisted chips on the way home, lots of veg with supper, no alcohol. Then today, all day meeting.
    Beans on toast for brekkie so i wouldnt be tempted by the pastries:T
    Lunch egg may sarnie and a nana (resisted bikkies) :T
    Going home an orange icelolly
    And then.....
    TOTM chocolate monster. But ignoring that,did have sensible supper and again no alcohol. Oh well as eric says always look on the bright side of life :rotfl:
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • DaisyDayDream
    Options
    Morning all

Just a quick hello as I'm heading off to work.

Rosewood, those bread buns look fab, have copied the recipe too and will now make some at the weekend. I love baking on my days off (hubbie now takes it into work to share to stop me eating it) but those I think if they turn out as nice as Mr RW's are stopping at home.

Todays plan
    B: usual all bran and fruit
    L: l/o hm chicken curry and rice (DH didnt eat his yesterday), apple
    D: small jacket, tuna, sweetcorn & lf coleslaw, yoghurt
    S: banana, ?nv bar
    E: none apart from what I get at work

Have a fab day everyone

D
    Success is a journey, not a destination
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 15 August 2012 at 11:08PM
    Options
    Short and sweet as I need a siesta before going out later. Day out with DD, DGD2 and her friend who staying with her for two weeks.

Brunch out - sausage, bacon, egg, tomato, slice toast
    S mid afternoon - slice rf cheese on Danish
    Supper, F&F, sk milk
    E - walking round shops for 3 hours while DD looked for shoes.

Hopefully more awake tomorrow :)
  • jammy_dodger
    jammy_dodger Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    Options
    just catching up with the thread after my past two days in work, have been very good only taking in smaller portions and nothing too highly calorific and managed NOT to stray away from my pack up and made a pot of low fat chicken noodle soup to have as a supper when i got back:D

Today i have had
    B . porridge made with water added bit ss milk at end
    thin slice hm bread toasted
    L stasumma as out walking
    D baked potato 1 tbsp salad cream , h/m bolognese

exercise have walked 8 miles with dog and will go for C25k week 2 (3) later when dinnner has settled down

am feeling possitive and not deprived though have cut down on portion sizes amazing how much i must have ate without thinking, keeping a diary of eating is definately making me focus

keep up good work

JD xx
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    edited 15 August 2012 at 6:45PM
    Options
    Evening All

The weather has changed today and it's been pouring down all afternoon. I nipped out in a dry spell and the heavens promptly opened!

B: Poached egg on toast with butter.
    L: Baked aubergine topped with HM red onion marmalade and cheese (other half from yesterday) and served with mixed leaf salad, onion thinnings and cherry tomatoes with a sweet red pepper and balsamic dressing. HM chocolate mousse.
    D: Prawns in a creamy garlic sauce served on a bed of HG courgette (green and yellow) and HG green beans. Raspberries with Greek yoghurt.

5901657.jpg

Snack: May have half a bar (20g) of dark chocolate with a coffee later.

Exercise: 4.5 mile run. 4 miles of walking.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all

Have been out on the road today but was good and took my lunch :A

Today:

B: 1 wholemeal toast & butter 2xeggs
    S: Banana
    L: LO chicken with salad and squeeze lf mayo
    S: melon, mini apple, 20g nuts
    T: 2 x wholemeal toast, butter, 1/2 tin beans 20g cheese

Abit carb heavy today!!

I have just done my first Level 2 of 'The Shred' :eek::eek: Flaming nora its alot harder!!

Ragz: Its my bday 21st and my OH 27th both just alittle past 30 unfortunatly :oand with it being Bank Hols aswell I can feel a diet struggle coming on :rotfl:
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Options
    Oh boy i'm stiff. The gym is gettibg tougher! Last sesh with trainer friday then i'm on my own eek
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • minicooper272
    Options
    Not a bad day today, went to gym after work and put most of the building to shame. Came home, and found out it's my new housemates 21st today, so we had dinner out, with cake and wine. I'm going to bake a cake for her on Sat, as I feel very bad for not knowing it was her birthday (especially a landmark one!)

I'm spending so much money on food atm, with a couple of £6 top up visits in between. So I'm putting a stop to it now and adopting a frugal approach - along the lines of what they mentioned in Hairy Dieters (being young in the 70s), that if I over-eat today, I don't eat tomorrow. Obviously not so extreme as that, but if I buy crackers to last the week, and eat them all today, then I'm not allowed to go buy a replacement, I just have to go hungry. If I eat too much Spag Bol, then tomorrow it's just bread and butter. I'll let you know if this helps the waistline too - I know it will need a lot more organisation from me.
  • DaisyDayDream
    Options
    Morning all

Last day shift today:j, its been a busy busy week.
    B: usual all bran and fruit
    L: hm cottage pie with extra frozen veg
    D:??
    S: cup a soup, fruit, lf yoghurt, nv bar (if i get relly hungry)

Hubbie has said he'll make dinner tonight as I'm day off tomorrow, usually that means something with oven chips but he said he'd try to do something healthier. So its a surprise.

No exercise again today, can't wait for tomorrow to get out with shammy dog or go for a run, even if it is raining. Its funny how you miss the exercise, feel as if my body is craving it.

Hope everyone has a good day, despite the rain.

D
    Success is a journey, not a destination
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family