PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Options

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,088 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Only thing I've managed to declutter is money out of my bank account! At last found the perfect coffee table (at least I think it's perfect) which is higher than 44cm.

Normal decluttering will resume next week. Off on the razzle now. :j
  • dannie
    dannie Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi folk,

To add to my 219 decluttered items:-

Recycling x 5
    Composting x 4
    Food ingredient/recipes x 4
    Toiletry item x 1
    Errand to make somebody pleased x 1
    Used up stationery items x 1
    Medication x 1
    Cardboard used to make file dividers in a big bills/receipts box x 1
    Cardboard/packaging used to soak up defrosted fridge freezer drips x 1
    Bag of glass jars reduced for vinegar recipes plus for spices x 1
    Cleared kitchen floor due to recent cycle repairing tasks x 1
    Reorganised and/or cleared back yard x 1
    Tub of plantlets relocated outside x 1
    Cleared computer bookmarks x 5
    Tool box item transferred to cycle x 1
    Stationery items used x 1

= 249 for November 2012.
  • silentsister
    Options
    It sounds like a busy last day of the month. I had a visitor today so just managed 1 book to recycling and 4 items to cs. But overall, I'm satisfied with how the month has gone. December will definitely be completing all the half finished jobs in the office, and I look forward to a new year so different from January this year. Again, I am so grateful for all I have gained from being on this thread and for all of you on the same path. :A
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    8 baby gro's that Evelyn has outgrown to a friend today
    A baby sling sold to a friend, she is giving me £45 next week :beer:

A few essentials in today - loo roll, kitchen roll, dishwasher tabs, washing powder etc

Got 4 carrier bags of stuff aside for charity still x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • toochoosey
    toochoosey Posts: 7,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all, I'm afraid I didn't do as well as I hoped (better than my sig though!!) This month we have had a cull in DD's room..........at the mo I have 2 boxes in the car and 5 boxes in the LR to get rid of. I tried to sell it on Ebay but when the auction finished today they did not sell so they are all off to the charity shop in the morning (can't put my tree up otherwise!!!) I also have a pile of Disney videos and books to go but they are not going to the charity shop.........I can put them in the attic until I can sell them.

Sorry I haven't been here this month.......lots going on, as usual, I expect you all have stuff going on!!!

Hopefully going to get into the spare room of doom and get rid of more.

Thanks all for keeping the thread going xx
  • mineallmine
    Options
    290-291.
    Final fling of the month :j
    292. Wodge of advertising rubbish into the fire to burn
    293. Packaging from pet treats. All organised into a plastic tub to avoid us opening a different pack every time :o
    294.295. Moisturiser samples used up
    296. Toner used up. I'm running low on my favourite one so I'm using these unloved ones up first
    297. Sink unblocker liquid. Used in troublesome sinks instead of knocking about in the cupboard doing nothing but taking up space
    298. Packaging
    299. Magazines
    300. Body shop strawberry body scrub used up. Lovely smell. But the pips/seeds get everywhere in the bl££dy sink!

November target reached. A hard slog but most definitely worth it. You can tell stuff has gone. There's still layers upon layers still to go. Just one step at a time :)
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • mineallmine
    Options
    I need to do another push on decluttering. I've not finished the rooms I set out to do this month. And I need to move onto the more cluttered rooms.

Who's up for a December challenge? Mine is to:
    Declutter 300 things in the first 15 days of December. Just 20 things a day.

Sounds a lot but I know a good sort out of xmas decorations will find quite a bit. A thorough sort out of papers/bills will find more. Plus I probably don't want to declutter through all of December, I need to find time to watch Mary Poppins :p

What challenge are you going to do? :j
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • loopychriss
    Options
    Fantastic mineallmine, your house must look a lot less cluttered! Well done on reaching your target and good luck for December.

I've not reached 300, but as I've mentioned before, there isn't that much left to declutter. Still finding a few areas that could be tackled, it's just finding the time and energy to get around to it!

170. A dead battery taken to Rymans for recycling
    171. Old t-shirt of hubby's put in fabric recycling bag
    172. More fabric made into morsbags
    173. Ice cream carton - used up earlier in the week but had been washed up and left in the kitchen waiting for a new purpose in life. I decided I had enough containers and plastic boxes so it went in the bin.
    174. 8 blank greetings cards made into a set of notelets for raffle prize
    175. Sympathy card sent to brother-in-law who lost his brother Wednesday

Took a bag of stuff to charity shop today, and recycled the ink cartridges and battery in Rymans.

Still going to carry on in December: I've yet to tackle the Christmas card list, wrapping the presents, having a good clean up before Christmas and my clothes, so I'm sure I'll find some more. Not 100, but any amount out of the house will be good.

Happy December everyone!
    Keep Calm and Carry On Kondoing

• Fizzbitz
    Fizzbitz Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    Morning - I'm declaring on 143 for November. Despite not quite getting half of my target, I am still delighted to have got rid of so much rubbish. I'm self-employed and I ended up getting quite a lot of extra work in which is unusual for this time of year. Naturally it had to be done along with two assignments for the OU so busy times.

131. Broken headset for phone
    132/3 Plastic bottles - r/c
    134 Empty aerosol - r/c
    135 broken flip flops
    136 worn out slippers
    137 old perfume bottle - r/c
    138-141 plastic bottles
    142 bag of carrier bags - r/c
    143 bag mixed card/paper = r/c

Am going for 300 target in December as I appear to have three weeks off so perfect time for a good sling.

Congratulations everyone on your achievements - even one bit of clutter out makes a difference!

Fizz
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning - count me in for December - need to do a blitz ready for house move next month. There's so much stuff I probably won't be able to count each item.

I am to just fling with gay abandon.;)

I will never never let it build up like this again.

I'm drowning:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport