PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Options

Comments

• Thanks for all your support. I've made a start in my bedroom and it's nice that I can actually move in there now but still have a lot to do. Sorting under my bed tonight and then going to give the room a good clean and hoover. I still have clutter but at least it's organised. I have 3 large boxes of bits to take to a car boot in a couple of weeks time. Recycled as much as possible and have some bits for CS but also have 2 bin liners of rubbish
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    285. Used up sample of BB cream (R$mmel, absolute rubbish. Thick. The most orangey fair I've ever seen. Yuck). Now used up.
    286. Candle used up. Been knocking around forever.
    287. Lots of papers burnt in fire.
    288. Remains of a disposable BBQ used up.
    289. Old Golf cover.

Kitchen is still calling for a sort out of the surfaces :)
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not much in the way of sorting but 7 parcels out to post office from ebay. 4 items in via post, 1 dress for DD for next year, 2 Night nappies (we use cloth nappies) and a sling (we babywear). All useful things.

Got 4 loads of washing done, 3 put away, 1 in drier.

Moved all charity, bin and sale stuff from bedroom down into the office to sort further (2 bin bags outside to take to tip tomorrow). Tidied bedroom up a bit, looks alot better. Other than that ive not done much as was out at soft play in the morning tiring the older 2 out and then late afternoon we went to see my Nan. Exhausted come evening, my 3 kidlets are tiring!! So nothing more will be done tonight.

Evelyn is 3 weeks old tomorrow and doing brill, feeds and sleeps well (in the night anyway). Such a cutie, currently asleep on her daddys chest whilst i catch up on MSE :)

Sarah x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    Sorry folks,I've not been around here for a few days.I don't think that I'll meet my target but I did manage some tidying today which has needed to be done for weeks.It has made a big difference.:j

Maybe I shouldn't speak too soon.I'm off now for two days,so could maybe do some decluttering.:)
  • loopychriss
    loopychriss Posts: 796 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 November 2012 at 11:37PM
    Options
    Not much got done today except sewing, as I'm trying to declutter the morsbag fabric by making them up into bags. Had the day to myself so have pottered about a bit as well.

So.....

166. Cardboard box put out for recycling. I was keeping this for when we move but nothing's happening yet, and I can always get another one when I do need it!
    167. Broken biro - in the bin
    168. Picture taken down from hall - going to charity shop
    169. Fabric made into 10 morsbags

Got 2, possibly 3, friends coming round tomorrow morning to help me make more bags, so should make a nice dent in the fabric, plus boost my morsbags total.
    Keep Calm and Carry On Kondoing

• luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just a few bits so far this week:
    442. pack of face wipes finished up
    443. broken spatula binned

My toiletries are all in the 'new' cupboard. It smells gorgeous but I was shocked at how much I still own, even though I haven't bought any new bath stuff or body butter for over three years. DH says it's like a little shop.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • museumworker
    museumworker Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 November 2012 at 8:16AM
    Options
    Hello all! Shortbird I am dying to know why 100 pairs of 3d glasses :rotfl:!

happytails, evelyn sounds like a really cutie! I wish she could teach my DS to sleep!! Out of interest, which night nappies are you using? (I am also a cloth nappy user).

Had a 5 minute blast in the room of doom - 12 more things decluttered. * Spray candy - bin (don't tell DD!).
    195. Old notebook from childminder - recycling.
    196. DD's old reading record from school - recycling.
    197. Parcel left slip - recycling.
    198. Holiday catalogue 2012 - recycling
    199 - 206. Random bits I can't even remember what!

That takes me over the 200 mark - :j!! Think will aim for 300 in December, especially as have Xmas and that means LOTS of ins! I WILL have the room of doom sorted!
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
    OPs 2011-2016 = £45K 2017 OPs = £9250.20
  • Sue14
    Sue14 Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Day off yesterday, and before I had breakfast I emptied my bedside cabinet onto the bed, then after breakfast I sorted through the stuff.

2 refillable pomanders, that haven't been used for at least 20 yrs - CS
    notebook with phone numbers from about 30 yrs ago - recycled
    jewellery cleaner, which had gone purple - emptied down sink and binned
    old phone directory style keyring, phone numbers no longer valid - binned
    video rental card, not used for at least 10 yrs - binned
    various bits of small carp - binned
    old purse with broken zip - binned
    few bits of paper/cardboard - recycled

While the cabinet was empty I took it into the bathroom and washed it, then I moved the bed and hoovered behind and under it. I haven't moved the bed for at least a couple of years, so there was loads of dust and fluff under it, also found at least 20 tissues on the floor, which have now been binned. I also found a pair of slippers under the bed which I forgot I had! The cabinet is back in place, and at the moment only contains 2 torches, as the rest of the stuff was relocated to where it belongs! Also cleared a pile of junk mail off the hall table and put in recycling.

Also yesterday I took my dad's curtains round, which I finally finished on Sunday, and put them up. He was really pleased with them, but then he looked at his kitchen window and said 'you've just got to do some for there now!', cheeky wotsit, if it was left to him he wouldn't have any curtains, lol! I told him I wasn't actually planning on doing curtains for the kitchen, but I'd see what I could do!

Last night I made a savoury crumble, using the quorn mince that was due to go OOD at the end of the month, so that's a bit more used up from the freezer, and it also did us for dinner tonight so I didn't have to cook.

When I got home from work today, I went through the pile of paperwork in a bag in the top of my wardrobe, and got some of it filed, and got a pile of stuff for shredding, which I will do tomorrow morning, and I have a pile of used envelopes to take in to work tomorrow. Still got a bit more to file, but my back was hurting too much to carry on today. I might have a sort through the 'drawer of doom' tomorrow if I have time, and also have a small pile of ironing to do.
    Weight loss challenge 2/10lbs

• silentsister
    Options
    HUGE decluttering going on here- well done everyone.

In my battle to get the bedding changed without realising it, this morning I put new stuff on immediately the old was stripped off. I'll try and remember that smug feeling next time as an encouragement. I finally finished sorting the basket that used to creep from window sill to window sill, some things put back in right places, much more binned. All kitchen surfaces dealt with. A friend is coming at the weekend who'll be leaving with her Christmas present, so that's another roll decluttered. I've now only really got one room left - the bookroom/office/etc where I spend a lot of time. It is strewn with a lot of half finished jobs and if they were dealt with, the room would be tamed and decluttered - this will be my December challenge.

1 fish slice, broken (bin) - but I do have a spare!
    2 old cleaning bottles - recycled
    2 metals ashtrays - rusty and I don't even smoke
    2 small trays - not worth cs so bin
    3 v old cheque books stubs - dealt with
    2 plastic pots, one holding a dead lightbulb
    1 tin - bin
    1 decorated lidded pot (useful for putting things in!) -cs
    1 new folded hankerchief - cs
    1 batik - cs
    1 painting - cs
  • Lurleene
    Lurleene Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Options
    I have had quite a productive decluttery week so far, and now have a couple of days off work so hope to crack on even more!

1) 1 office swivel chair - Freegled.
    2) 1 huge binbag of old no good clothes - rag collection at son's school.
    3) Carrier bag of old chargers, wires, Pc speakers etc - electrical recycling bin.
    4) 40 kid's books - sold for £20 ( to go to son's DS fund!)
    5) 3 large bags of new toiletries and old books - donated to Toilet Twinning!*
    6) 12 recent magazines - dropped off at doctor's surgery.
    7) 2 shoeboxes filled for Christmas shoebox appeal. I was able to fill one for a girl and one for a boy with all new items from things I already had stashed! - dropped off at collection point.
    8) 8 shelves plus bracket system - Freegled and collected 10 minutes ago.

( Toilet twinning - DS's Beaver group are holding a fundraiser to buy a toilet in Africa to 'twin' with their toilet!:))

That lot would make most normal houses clear - but hasn't even made a dent in mine! :o

Happy decluttering everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport