PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Options

Comments

• tiggers_friend
    Options
    Have made a start
    1 Book on amazon - Clean House Clean planet
    2. Book to charity shop - The Magic of Christmas
    3. Odd papers around in recycle bin
  • Byatt
    Byatt Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    Options
    I have stuff like this. a fair bit really. I like keeping things like that though as it is part of my history. I keep them in a set of storage boxes, admittedly in the loft but I like them them there, I can look at them if I want and they organised and specific items kept for specific reasons.

xx
    PudseyDB wrote: »
    How much room does it take up? Is there any value to it? Would you miss it? Maybe these are questions you should be asking yourself.

if its sentimental - how about displaying a couple of pieces somewhere?

I have absolutely no room to display it, but have kept it for that reason. I;m kind of thinking if I slipped this mortal coil it would get trashed by people going through my mostly rubbish (but not to me) stuff, so I have decided it must go. I still have the memories. :)
  • mummysaver38
    Options
    Well, even though I was ironing I was decluttering as I have listened to some of my music cassette tapes (yes, not even cds) that I have put together myself to see what songs I really want to keep. Surprise, surprise, not many.
    Their=belonging to them, There=over there
    Your=belonging to you, You're=short for you are
    The Grammar Fairy
  • tiggers_friend
    Options
    4. craft pencils on ebay
    5. sizzix die for CS
    6. another sissix die for CS
    7 procraft chizzle it for CS

it's going to take a long time at this rate but I must keep going.....
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Have been out most of the day taking the kids shopping and to the cinema to get them out of DH's way while he did the tax return. Now need to sterilise jars and sort out the chutney that was in the slow cooker all night so unlikely to get any done today. I'd better get on with it tomorrow.
  • PudseyDB
    PudseyDB Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Options
    Byatt wrote: »
    I have absolutely no room to display it, but have kept it for that reason. I;m kind of thinking if I slipped this mortal coil it would get trashed by people going through my mostly rubbish (but not to me) stuff, so I have decided it must go. I still have the memories. :)

Just a thought.....how about taking some photos of the pattern (close-ups) or general pictures of the set and keeping those? Maybe even if you get a really nice photo, you could frame it and have a little daily reminder of it that way.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    :wave:
  • lilac_lady
    lilac_lady Posts: 4,469 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2012 at 6:20PM
    Options
    I don't count anything till it leaves the house and will update my signature to keep me on track.

Is it true (read on a forum here) that charity shops are swamped with donations at the moment?

Could CS workers update us on this?
    " The greatest wealth is to live content with little."

Plato

• PudseyDB
    PudseyDB Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Options
    lilac_lady wrote: »
    I don't count antrhing till it leaves the house and will update my signature to keep me on track.

Is it true (read on a forum here) that charity shops are swamped with donations at the moment?

Could CS workers update us on this?

Well I went in 3 CS shops last Thursday with OH - and two of those were practically empty!!!
    :wave:
  • Catslovelycats
    Options
    Ditch 100 in January
    SUBTITLED: Ditch your sanity in January

I've listed various things on eB today but won't count them until they're sold and

11. chucked out some rubbish from a cupboard. Can't really justify counting it as more than 1 decluttered item, though cos it wasn't that much.
    12. put stuff for the tip in back of car (but need to take it to tip!!)

I maybe be decluttering the house of a fridge, oven and alarm this week too :eek: as all three have decided to pack up on me over the last few days. :D:cool::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Have spent most of today
    - fiddling with fridge, oven and alarm
    - listing things on eB
    - clearing out a kitchen cupboard
    WHat a thrilling day!:rotfl:
  • Byatt
    Byatt Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    Options
    PudseyDB wrote: »
    Just a thought.....how about taking some photos of the pattern (close-ups) or general pictures of the set and keeping those? Maybe even if you get a really nice photo, you could frame it and have a little daily reminder of it that way.

That's a really lovely idea Pudsey, and one I never thought of. Thank you. And gives me ideas for other things too. :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure