PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Options

Comments

• darwins_mum
    Options
    My last major de-clutter was instigated after reading Clear your Clutter by Karen Kingston, it really spurred me into action. I also found miss minimalist helpful too. I shall revisit both and get my act together.
    We can do it if we put our back into it!
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task
    Crazy Clothing Challenge 2015 £48.58/£200 :eek:
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm heading into the study - again. With definite purpose this time. I am going to be ruthless and organised and I am going to do my damndest to clear my 100 things TODAY

OH and DS gone off to a footie match (small non league local team playing one of the big guns!) DD not well so I have a day to DO!

Maybe a coffee first though...
    :D
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • celyn90
    celyn90 Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    PudseyDB wrote: »
    Personally, I'd leave them to run - esp if there's watchers on the items as lots bid at the last minute. If you just end the auction, then effectively you'd selling away from ebay and not protected in any way by the feedback system. If you try and add a buy it now option, then you have to factor in the extra cost.

However, if the auctions have several days left to run - you could easily change the listing from a 7 day auction to a 5 (or 3) day auction.

I want to let it run - it's not really because of the cash but because it has active bids; I've also had several people ask for a BIN on the same item (it has 48 watchers about 5 days to run) and I'd feel rubbish choosing/saying no too. It's just how to say that without being rubbish.

I am just about the replace the gaskets on the windows downstairs - but I'll add it all the discard pile once it's in the bin and the lid is down otherwise it'll remain part of the DIY detritus.

Several clothes removed from the floordrobe, but I will be going to get a laundry bin once a freecycler has turned up to pick up todays sack-o-carp so I hope to have that job caned by the end of the day.

Does anyone have an IKEA kitchen out of interest - we are nearly at the kitchen replacing stage with the renovations and I like the IKEA one the best.
    :staradmin:starmod: beware of geeks bearing .gifs...:starmod::staradmin
    :starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:
  • celyn90
    Options
    Have a great day and remember the principle of eating an elephant.

I sat an exam once where I had to work out how much LSD I'd dose an elephant with; I think I ended my arguement questioning why you'd want to do that in the first place (and debating whether of not they'd see pink people on parade) :o

I have an elephant in the room too - he's called Steve and lives on the bookcase :D
    :starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:
  • black_cat
    black_cat Posts: 703 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Another 8 gone - total now 16/100
    Well, when I say "gone" I mean there are bags ready to go to the charity shop / dump / bin - must do that today! (Then I can start on the spare room...)
  • PudseyDB
    PudseyDB Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Options
    celyn90 wrote: »
    Does anyone have an IKEA kitchen out of interest - we are nearly at the kitchen replacing stage with the renovations and I like the IKEA one the best.

No but we're thinking of getting an ikea kitchen too - OH wants to go there on Monday morning and book someone to come round next week and measure up to make a floor-plan.

Course that means I'm now in a slight panic about where everything in the kitchen is going to go while the work's being done!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    :wave:
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • SavingJane
    SavingJane Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

2 more items just been collected another 3 going this afternoon but will count them when they leave

Another item going mon

Going to use the money I get from Facebook selling to go towards our holiday weekend spending money. Will be able to even more enjoy spending it know it's money from stuff we didn't need
    Mummy to Lewis Born Aug 10
  • lilac_lady
    lilac_lady Posts: 4,469 Forumite
    Options
    "Several clothes removed from the floordrobe," - celyn90. :D
    " The greatest wealth is to live content with little."

Plato

• celyn90
    Options
    PudseyDB wrote: »
    No but we're thinking of getting an ikea kitchen too - OH wants to go there on Monday morning and book someone to come round next week and measure up to make a floor-plan.

Course that means I'm now in a slight panic about where everything in the kitchen is going to go while the work's being done!

I know that where to put stuff feeling well! We are living in a renovation project; and it's a shell - the kitchen is horrendous (there is a link to my blog under my user name if you want to see what we are dealing with mess wise; I took the last photo a few days ago - it was actually much worse when we moved in; it's nasty messy now, when we moved in it was totally filthy _pale_ ), but it's still got all our packing boxes in it and all the stuff we haven't unpacked or partially unpacked, or just put in there because it's in the way...

It's amazing - we went from a one bed crash pad to a 3bed semi and the stuff still doesn't fit!

I really like the IKEA kitchens, they look amazing and they are the only ones we've really seen that we really like. To be fair, most of the bits in the house we have done are in the same design style.

We have a lot of prep to do though; when we took the bathroom out (which is above the kitchen) the floor had degraded and taken part of the ceiling with it to the extent you could see down into the kitchen. :eek:

Ditch 100 in January 18/100

16. Freecycle sack-o-carp collected :T
    17. Several boxes and some packing materials thrown out.
    18. Dead candle and candle plate discarded.
  • gsdloopy
    gsdloopy Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options

Good morning all ...
    My items to go today is a binliner full of bedding after tackling the airing cupboard (forced to do it after finding evidence of mice euch)...

Which reminds me, OH thinks he's found mouse evidence in the built in wardrobe so a priority job is to try and get a stair gate on the landing so I can safely leave DD2 while I try to takle it.

5 of old pyrex dishes that have been sat by the front door since November.

So much for decluttering; my first thought was "oooh pyrex dishes, I could use more of those!"

Clear your Clutter by Karen Kingston, it really spurred me into action. I also found miss minimalist helpful too.

You're a bad influence! ;) I was off to look them up on Amazon and had to stop myself adding to the huge book pile I'm trying to clear :D

Good luck with your talk (and your elephant.)

I spent hours last night listing a few more things for ebay. I have no idea why it takes me so long :huh:. It's a bit faster using my iphone but if I do a "proper listing" and have to sort out somewhere to take the photo (it's either too dark, too messy, too small...), upload it to an image hosing site, write the listing etc it takes me ages and I don't seem to get anything done. I know it's going to be slow going, there are only so many hours in the day and I have a house and four kids (and oh) to look after but this is going to take years!
    OH helped a lot with his comment "well, what have you done today? .... Is that it?! ":mad: He "cleared" the garage two days ago. Which means he piled it around the edges, moved some stuff to the shed and chucked lots of perfectly useable items he didn't know where to put. Plus he did it with me popping in with cups of coffee, without entertaining 4 kids inluding a toddler that's still bf'ing, no meals to cook, no shopping to do, blah-blah. I should have reminded him that the boxes of decorations I'd taken down yesterday, packed and labelled were waiting to go in the loft (and still are...) Sorry, whinge over :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure