January 2012 Grocery Challenge - Page 213

New Post Advanced Search

January 2012 Grocery Challenge

edited 27 December 2011 at 2:52PM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.3K replies 330.4K views

Replies

• freyasmum wrote: »

Goodness knows, but I'm glad it's not just me :o

I've lost count of the amount of times she's come home and actually been sick cos he's only given her sweets, or just stuffed her silly with rubbish!

Was really surprised today; he sent her home with two new pairs of boots. One pair not quite what I would have chosen, but decent (and unheard of :o) of him to get them!

:eek: must be paving the way for a decent fathers day present :rotfl:

Does everyone have a seperate budget for toiletries? I don't but I'm wondering if £250 for toiletries and Groceries is realistic?

Getting nervous about Job interview tomorrow its a few k's more than what I currently earn and I'm afraid I've already written some dream shopping lists of things we havent been able to afford for ages.........large quantities of chocolate and Ben and Jerrys! :rotfl: Just one month as a celebration of course :cool:

• PennyGrabberPennyGrabber Forumite
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Spiggle wrote: »

By the way what are/is ys? :huh:

See you tomorrow evening,
    Spigs

ys means yellow stickered! Kind of quicker to write than whoopsied - think I might use it too from now on!
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • rej-crej-c Forumite
    115 posts
    I've just added a spend of £3.42 for today - rice, bread, drinks, whoopsied mini Jaffa Cakes 6-pack and cooked chicken bits for Him Indoors. Shouldn't need to spend for several days now, all being well, as we're well stocked for this week's meals.

Back to page 72 to read a bit more before Sherlock now. My best to all, and keep up the good work. :)
    Haven't done the GC since February, but a glance at the Tower of Receipts tells me I really need to get back into it... and plenty of other Challenges besides. :o
  • tigerfeet2006tigerfeet2006 Forumite
    14K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts and prayers are with Angelatgraceland and Dobs. My condolences to you both.

Spigs, YS= yellow sticker, as in the items in the reduced to clear spots.

Hope you enjoy the film as well, I want to go and see it as well.

My eldest spent the day with Nanny and Grandad being spoilt :D so we treated the other 2 to an all you can eat indian buffet at a very posh contempory indian restaurant that we have been too several times before at normal times when you order off the menu and thoraghly enjoyed the food. But this was served from bain maries that weren't filled properly with water and the burners they had under them were not efficient enough, food was luke warm including the rice :eek:. They also didn't fill up the food quickly enough so there was not enough for the amount of covers they had. So a complaint has been made to enviromental health.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Yay! Another NSD for me (but that is only 2 out of 15!)

• freyasmumfreyasmum Forumite
    20.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MiniPenny wrote: »
    :eek: must be paving the way for a decent fathers day present :rotfl:
    PMSL :rotfl:
    Does everyone have a seperate budget for toiletries? I don't but I'm wondering if £250 for toiletries and Groceries is realistic?
    I add everything in (not that I've needed any yet, but I will when I do!) but everyone is different, it just depends on what you wanna do :)

Good luck with the interview :T
  • cw18cw18 Forumite
    8.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    MiniPenny wrote: »
    I have a seperate budget that covers toiletries and cleaning products (and other kitchen 'bits' like greasproof, foil and freezer bags).
    Cheryl
  • sonastinsonastin Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Tried the local farm shop yesterday. Slightly disappointed but had a hangover so perhaps wasn't in the right frame of mind. Lots of labels around the place saying what they sold but very little on display. Maybe I'll go back another day when I'm more in the mood for chatting and asking for stuff! Anyway, the meat was beautiful but not especially cheap - cheaper than the supermarket for those cuts but none of the cheap cuts to help with the budget. Ended up spending £10.80 there & followed that up with the big stock-up a$da shop I've been avoiding. £86.33 there takes my total so far to £162.79 / £200 for January. Should just need a wee top up next week so hopefully can get to the end of the month under budget for once.
  • bunbun2bunbun2 Forumite
    3.5K posts
    I have been following this thread since the begiining of January and think it is great. thank you to all involved!

I haven't joined in yet as I am not sure of our budget. I am ashamed to say that I have no idea of how much we spent a month. OH gets paid on 31 January (last pay was 20 December:eek:) so till then we are trying to spend as little as possible. We are using stuff out of the freezer and shopping in Lidl/Aldi etc.

I will decide on a budget and join in February if you will have me!

My lurking has come to an end to say totallybored your cheese, tomato and pesto muffins sound delicious. would it be possible to have the recipe?

I look forward to joining in next month!
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • Further £40.03 spent this week, plus £35 on going out for an indian meal. Total spend this month £98.47 plus meal out £133.77. On target i think but must try harder.
    £2015 in 2015 (Although actual goal is £10 a day)