Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

January 2012 Grocery Challenge - Page 330

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

January 2012 Grocery Challenge

edited 27 December 2011 at 1:52PM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.3K replies 330.8K views
1324325326327328330»

Replies

• prophecy_grrlprophecy_grrl Forumite
    670 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭
    Just totted up January spends and am declaring at £96.12 out of a £125 budget :T

See you all on the Feb board x
    *** PROPHECY_GRRL***
    *** DEBT FREE AS OF 17/10/11 - I DID IT!!! ***
  • tigerfeet2006tigerfeet2006 Forumite
    14K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mommyof4 wrote: »
    Hi everyone not been on in ages, so busy. However, had to pop in to admit and GROSS failing..... total for January was.....£530! how did I get it so wrong? wish we had a cheap supermarket nearby. Everything costs so much :(

Which SM do you have? Can you shop online at a cheaper one? What have you got that you can get to? Don't beat yourself up, just start again and see how you go. Have you spent less than you would have done if you hadn't been on the GC?
    First shop of the Feb budget and went totally overboard as it came in at £107.91 :( (aim to spend £85 or less). Did buy store cupboard extras, pizza, 2 bottles of wineand some luxury ice cream that were not planned. The pizza, icecream and wine were to celebrate OH getting a job. Need to be very careful for the rest of the month.

Congratulations to Mr Veg Plot on his new job YAY!!!
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    mommyof4 wrote: »
    Hi everyone not been on in ages, so busy. However, had to pop in to admit and GROSS failing..... total for January was.....£530! how did I get it so wrong? wish we had a cheap supermarket nearby. Everything costs so much :(

Please don't be disheartened, just give yourself credit for trying to make a change for the better and remember February is a whole new start!

I don't have any sm's here and it is more difficult. Can you look at your spends and figure out where the extra money went?

I realise the thread is huge at the moment and RL gets in the way but I think it helps if you can come here and read even some of the posts; it really helps me to stay focused. ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Just stopping by to declare £108.75 for January so did quite well really.

Mrs Veg Plot - congrats to OH on new job

mommyof4
    - please don't beat yourself up for getting it wrong. I think most of us do at one time or another;)
    :jBaby girl born 3rd October 2012:j