January 2012 Grocery Challenge

edited 27 December 2011 at 2:52PM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.3K replies 330.3K views

Replies

• HiddenidenityHiddenidenity Forumite
    5.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all hope all is well :)

Well after 12 NSD I went shopping and got a huge list with coupons and gift vouchers I spent a huge 2p :rotfl::rotfl: I should be done for the month now other than baby milk which I have vouchers to cover.

Im such a boring member of this challenge :o
  • Hello all hope all is well :)

Well after 12 NSD I went shopping and got a huge list with coupons and gift vouchers I spent a huge 2p :rotfl::rotfl: I should be done for the month now other than baby milk which I have vouchers to cover.

Im such a boring member of this challenge :o

Thats not boring, thats blooming brilliant!!!
  • majjakmajjak Forumite
    380 posts
    Would love to see your shopping list hidden :p
    Save £12K challenge 2015 # 173
    £0.00/£10,000
  • SueP19SueP19 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭
    zebbeddee wrote: »
    Thats not boring, thats blooming brilliant!!!

Here here amazing :j:j:j
    Mort Oct 15 [STRIKE]£70,353[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66,422[/STRIKE] £58,804 MF [STRIKE]Dec 31[/STRIKE] Jun 31([STRIKE]191[/STRIKE] 176 mnths)
    EF 2016 £700/£1,000 Debt [STRIKE]May 09 £30,217[/STRIKE][STRIKE]Oct 17 £14,093[/STRIKE]Nov 18 £6,336.12[/B]
  • I've spent another £4.24 today. Decided to do Sunday lunch but didn't have the appropriate veg so walked to c0-0p with ds. Got the veg, reduced bread and rolls to freeze and a leg of pork reduced from £7 to £3. I definitely don't need much more food this month now - just the really fresh stuff like milk. Still crossing fingers I'll come in under budget (payday still 2 weeks away).
    Ninja Saving Turtle
  • HiddenidenityHiddenidenity Forumite
    5.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    majjak wrote: »
    Would love to see your shopping list hidden :p

8 comfort pure
    Persil no bio 54 wash
    Oats so simple (20 portions x2)
    6 x Huggies pure wipes
    Value sponges
    Value Bread
    Value Shampoo/conditioner/shampoo/Baby bath
    Value mince
    Cooking bacon
    2 x Value noodles
    5kg Value potatoes
    2kg Carrots
    1kg Onions
    Value Apples/Oranges & Bananas
    Frozen Brocoli
    Frozen Mixed Veg
    2 x Baby Milk
    Using coupons, £10 Tesco gift card £6 Luncheon vouchers and Healthy start vouchers

Nappies Amazon using Amazon gift card :)

Boring really :rotfl:
  • angelatgraceland sending my deepest condolences and i did hope your husband is feeling as bit better and his appt doesnt clash

after blowing the weekly budget yesterday made leek and mushroom tarts followed by cherry pie for dinner today. had cherry pie mix pack and jar of cherries in cupboard for ages so they needed using. next sundays afters will be lemon meringue as ive found a mix for that in the black hole.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • adysmumadysmum Forumite
    105 posts
    Well I have added £19.99 to my sig. Went to the butchers near me for the first time and got a "family pack". It had:

1 steak pie
    1 whole chicken
    1lb diced beef
    1lb minced beef
    1lb link sausages
    1lb black pudding
    3 pork chops (got the chinese ones)
    frying steak (never had this before so open to ideas of what to do with it plz)
    6 eggs
    1lb of penguin biscuits
    2 packs of streaky bacon.

Thought that was loads so will see how we do, does that seem a good deal to you? Got everything in so shouldn't need to go to the shops til the end of the week for f & v, barring the milk run but have some pennies in my purse already for that!

Heading back 3 pages to catch up on posts!
  • ModestyBModestyB Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Had bad news yesterday that my Auntie has passed away-it was imminent-we knew but sad all the same. At least MIL and hubby are not still in hospital!Glad I am fairly organised for next week now but its a hectic one with exams, dental apps and taking hubby for chemo. I do hope the funeral doesnt clash with the chemo!
    Backup plan in motion if t does!
    I have a Mr A delivery tonight so no shopping next week at least! All of my appps were unplanned when I booked it so Im glad I am reasonably organised!
    So sorry for your loss. If by any chance the funeral did clash with the chemo, I'm sure that no-one would be offended if you missed the funeral. I know it would be hard for you not to go but your Auntie will always be in your heart.
    Many hugs to you and your family.
    S.P.C. 9 2016 No. 062 Banked £337.50
    My Gold Stars off Sue. :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin
  • I haven't had time to keep up with the thread as having hectic time at work. Are there other teachers out there being made to feel that they've actually signed up to slave labour?
    Monday I spent £4.35 in the co-op on reduced eggs and salami. Weds it was £3.33 for 7 pork steaks in sainsbobs and strawberries and spuds both for 20p each, so £3.73. The pork was down to £3 a kilo so it would have been rude to leave it there.
    Then yesterday we spent 15.50 on the market for fruit, veg, cheese and eggs and £20 in sainsbobs on everything else we needed. Also went to B&M but only got a box of Dorset cereal for £1.39. So I'm pretty well within the groceries budget.
    Kitty food however.... bought 6 400g bags of royal Canin from Just for Pets last weekend and had a free bag of proplan, down to one bag by yesterday. I'm sure they're hoarding it like squirrels:D
    I was off to conquer the world but I got distracted by something sparkly :D