Deliciosa’s DFW diary

Options

Comments

• deliciosa
    Options
    Skint_Catt wrote:
    Seven days is good, although I always make sure mine end on a weekend (usually Sun afternoon/eve) - that way more people are at home to look and bid.

Good to hear that you're in good spirits even though you're ill.

Catt xx

Catt, these will end next sunday around midday, except for the derailed one which ends on Friday because I posted it on friday from work as a test... so itwill be great, I will be here and watch them "expire" and I will keep you updated!

If any of you guys wants and wins any of the dvd's I can waive the postage for mse/dfw people just let me know at checkout!!! :D
    Total debt £3625.07. :o
    Goals: 1.) DFD December 2008 (snowball) / October 2008 (me:o ) 2.) Salary £30kpa (currently £26450pa) 3.) Slim down to 55kg (currently 68kg :( ) 4.) Start stoozing :j
    I do not NEED that DVD Tough love club Member #1
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    deliciosa wrote:
    Catt, these will end next sunday around midday, except for the derailed one which ends on Friday because I posted it on friday from work as a test... so itwill be great, I will be here and watch them "expire" and I will keep you updated!

If any of you guys wants and wins any of the dvd's I can waive the postage for mse/dfw people just let me know at checkout!!! :D

I'm watching one of yours at the moment ;)
    Nicola x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    99p is a bargain postage anyway - and your need is greater than mine!

Do have my eye on one, but already bought some recently for our holiday so can't afford much more! :(

Catt xx
  • deliciosa
    Options
    Update: I just did some calculations - I am sure that people here already did things like this but this is my first.

So on Wednesday last week I bought tesco turkey stripes for £3.25 I think and also tesco tortilla for 1.08 (and then more tortilla again for 1.08 yesterday) and I bought little houmous boxes (3) for 1.05 as well.

So this is £6.46. I realise that

1.) the turkey stripes were enough for 7 meals. (!!) I ate them six times and there is still a portion to go. Simply just stir fried them with spices and onions (had at home) and sometimes with peppers( had at home, no cost), but sometimes just alone, wrapped them in a tortilla and voila, a full, yummy meal. Oh I forgot I poured in some chilli sauce, but only very little and a can would have costed £0.65 but it was promotion with the tortilla and free).

2.) When I spreaded houmous on the tortilla and chopped some tomatoes (already at home) in it, plus spices, lemon juice, it made a yummy vegetarian meal and completely filled me up, I had it twice and I still have a full little box of houmous and a half little box. And two tortillas.

3.) This means that from £6.46 I ate already 8 times (and got completely full and it was delicious) and I can eat another 3 times from the leftover, leaving me with 11 meals from £6.46. That's quite good isn't it? For a starter? (of course the best deal was the no cost lentil soup :D)

I need to get started on pasta, I have just been to tesco and see that pasta is really really cheap... so I just thought I share this experience as another diary entry, in case anyone wants to try these meals because they are simple and yummy. (I just has my 6th chicken wrap). As for the seventh, I might just marinate the chicken in lemon and try a sour, lebanese style wrap... I can't believe it's so cheap!

Update #2:

Capital one have confirmed that they have closed my account. It is a bit scary that I do not have that accessible £500 at hand - it was a great relief when I got that... but also very very relieved, that debt will not come back anymore, it simply can not!! I can not even log in online anymore, which is also a great relief - one card down, three to go!
    Goals: 1.) DFD December 2008 (snowball) / October 2008 (me:o ) 2.) Salary £30kpa (currently £26450pa) 3.) Slim down to 55kg (currently 68kg :( ) 4.) Start stoozing :j
  • Skint_Catt
    Options
    Well done on the one card down and I'm astounded by the turkey/wrap meals! That's fantastic.

Do you like noodles? Most supermarkets do individual packs for 8p - you could add some veg and/or turkey into it too.

Pasta is great. Buy passata (cheaper than pasta sauce) to add then add said turkey/veg etc!

so very glad to hear you're doing so well!

Catt xx
  • deliciosa
    Options
    Hi Catt & everyone,

I need your advice: I want to sell ym unwanted samples, such as 15ml clinique eye makeup remover, etc - what sort of price should I put as starter price and what postage? I want to get rid of them, I don't know how much is too much!

Many thanks!!
  • Skint_Catt
    Options
    I always do a search as if I'm trying to buy the item I'm selling. This gives me an idea of which ones sell.

Catt xx
  • miggy
    miggy Posts: 4,328 Forumite
    Options
    Skint_Catt wrote:
    Pasta is great. Buy passata (cheaper than pasta sauce) to add then add said turkey/veg etc!

so very glad to hear you're doing so well!

Catt xx
    If you have a Netto anywhere in reach, passata's very cheap there - about 45p for 500ml. I expect it's similar in Lidl or Aldi.
    Cheap olive oil, too!
    Guess who is a big pasta fan!
    Actually the cheapest tomatoes - the tinned plum tomatoes - chop up fine for sauce - add herbs, onion pre-cooked in oil, garlic, peppers etc. I use garlic puree from a tube as it's easy.
    Miggy

MEMBER OF MIKE'S MOB!
    Every Penny a Prisoner

This article is about coffeehouse bartenders. For lawyers, see Barrister. (Wikipedia)
  • deliciosa
    Options
    Good morning!

Thank you miggy / SF / everyone for writing to me again!

Some good news, some bad news today.

Only 6 of my items are selling on ebay, it's a bit worrying but oh well, worst case scenario I lost £3.80 and learned a lesson. That's all the fees. Pffh and the work putting them on, and the hopes crashed.. ehh drama. :)

Came in to work and skipped my morning latte (£1.45 saving). Got a free red bull froma colleague who does not like sugar free - yay! and had a free banana from the cantine, it was a bit brown but very yummy and fills me up until lunch.

My friends want to move into the city centre. It would be at least 600 plus bills a month, and I am only paying 400 all incl. at the moment. But I would save on travelcard.. don't know what to do, please advise. It would be great to live with them. But then again, am so happy where I am right now, a huge room in an absolutely luxurious villa in Hampstead for literally nothing (£400 and thats all inclusive, even free internet and soemtimes free food) so I think I will skip it and maybe move when I repaid all my debt. What do you think???

So this is how I stand at the moment, just to summarise everything - if anyone can come up with any helpful suggestion please let me know.:

£1479 debt on HSBC credit card at 16.9% and they will charge me interest before I can next pay on to it, so I would say its £1500 give or take.

£1240 debt on M&s credit card, part at 9.9%, part at 3.4% (BT.) They also will charge me interest before next payment so I guess its around £1250 debt

Currently £1138 balance on amex but I have sent payment of £650 it should arrive within 2 days - that, I say, would be £500 outstanding. I am spending on this as it gives me points but will consistently reduce balance and in two months time I will pay it off in full each month.

That's £3250 debt.

Now I have £400 but that goes for rent.
    I also have £180 emergency fund on my savings account. So if we deduct it from debt it gives me £3070 which is not bad. I ahve to pay orange bill this month (around £100, two months!!!) and the rest is spending money, I mean, I need to spend as little as physically possible so that my balance on amex will be as little as possible. I think I will be able o cap my spendings at £200 until the tenth of March which will mean that my amex balance will be £700 max. Then I will pay off even more.

Yay, I will be debt free in no time!!! I can't beleive it is going so well.

Where's lookingahead? would be pleased with me if she saw this :j :j :j

x x x x x x x x
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad to see you're so positive again today! Dont worry about the ebay thing, wait until the last day and see what's happening then :) I'm not sure about the moving thing, since I'm only in student housing, I dont have much experience there! maybe weigh up the pros and cons? :)
    Nicola x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport